Cinco

TO.GET.HER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong hides a grin which started forming on his face. Eversince he heard his ex-wife's apology, he can't help but feel extra-giddy inside. He keeps on glancing at her stoic expression as she busies herself assisting their son. The little prince on the other hand, keeps on hopping into different rides, trying almost everything he could. His energy never runs out and his cute laugh keeps on resonating, making the atmosphere more pleasant.

His son, although sometimes a bit problematic than most boys on his age, knows when not to push himself. However, it seems like today is not that day as his eyes twinkle infront of the giant 'caterpillar'.

"Daddy, can we ride this one?" he cutely grins.

"T-This one?" his father stammers.

"Yes~! I want to ride that giant caterpillar!" he jumps up and down repeatedly.

"No baby. Ride anything you want except this please? It's too dangerous!"

"Pleasee?"

"Fine, ask Noona to accompany you then."

"I want to ride caterpillar with you! Noona is tired because I asked her to ride with me on the big cup! Right Noona?"

Chaerin stiffles a laugh, knowing that Jiyong is scared of that ride. Supporting her son's statement, she fakes a cough and started acting tired like what he said. "Yes, I am tired."

"See?! I told you so! Daddy! Pleaseeee?" Jingyo stomps his feet repeatedly, while frowning at his father.

"I told you, it's a NO. Just take your Noona with you." he helplessly tried to make his little one understand.

"But you told me we will ride whatever I wanted!"

"Y-Yes, I know but please son, not that...one."

"Just give in to the child, Mr. Kwon." Chaerin smirks at her ex-husband.

"You know I can't~!"

"Dadddyyy!" the child's lips quievered. "Please? You haven't ride with me yet!?"

Jiyong glances at the expectant face of his child...as well as to the expectant-yet-challenging face of his ex-wife. Can he still say no? Sighing and giving in, he reluctantly took Jingyo in his arms and wobbly go to the entrance of the amusement ride that he hates with all his heart...

ROLLERCOASTER.

"Good gracious, help me." he mutters as he settles the now excited Jingyo on the left side chair. After securing the safety strap, he holds him with his left hand. Looking outside, he can see Chaerin recording them using the camera on her phone.

"Great! This whole ride will be documented too."

And the hellish five minutes of his life started spinning.

 

 

 

Chaerin smiles warmly as she sees her bubbly son running out of the exit, followed by wobbly Jiyong.

"Noona! Have you seen me up there! I was flying!" the young one runs into her arms.

"Of course! I got it all here." she gives him a thumbs up. Showing his phone, she zooms in some of her shots to the enthusiastic boy. Although it's dark now, different lights of the rides and the whole carnival helped her to take better shots. Some of those are funny like when Jiyong screamed at the top of his lungs, looking scared. Some are insta-worthy especially those of Jingyo's laugh while being tossed in the air.

"Wow! I was there! I am Superman!" Jingyo keeps on admiring himself.

Chaerin beams at Jingyo's cuteness. Looking at Jiyong's pale face, she then feels guilty. "Hey, are you okay?"

He nods a bit before wincing in pain. It looks like he was shaken inside a giant blender. "I-I need to pu-puke. I'll j-just go the to the rest room."

"Want me to accompany you?"

"I'll be fine." and he walks like a jelly.

"Is Daddy alright?" Jingyo tugs her polo.

Smiling at the boy in assurance, "Of course. Daddy is strong. Come on, let's buy him some water."

 

 

Jiyong managed to walk back to where he left the two. Noting that they are not around, he gently sit on the empty bench and try to ease his spinning vision. 'Damn, it hurts like heck.' his mind curses as he shut his eyes tightly.

Suddenly, he feels a cold water bottle against his cheek. His open his eyes and meets the pair of feline orbs starring back at him.

She opens the bottle and ushers him to drink. "Let's take a break for the mean time, okay?" she said as the little rascal nods his head. Jingyo is now busy munching his hotdog on stick as his lips are filled with ketchup. Chaerin took the seat beside Jiyong and settles Jingyo on her lap.

"You okay?" she asks the man beside her.

Jiyong barely nods his head, not wanting his vision to spin again. He got a bit better after drinking the water as he literally vomitted everything he ate at the hotel.

Suddenly, he feels her hand pulling his head to rest on her shoulder. "Stay like that for the mean time. Your headache will go away soon if you rest for a while."

A small smile started forming on his lips. Perhaps, riding a rollercoaster is not as bad as it seems.

 

 

"Daddy are you fine now?" Jingyo shifts his position sideways on his Noona's lap so he can face his Daddy. "Why are you smiling?"

"Sshh!" Jiyong immediately told his son to shut up. He is still enjoying his spot on her shoulder.

She knows he's fine now but knowing him too well, he will take advantage of the situation. Thinking of a solution, she smirks a bit before, "Jingyo-ah, I think Daddy needs your kiss so his head ache will go away."

"My kiss?" Jingyo asks as he looks at his Daddy. "Daddy needs my kiss?" he pouts, as his lips are filled with sauce. He gently moves towards his dad.

"N-No need Jingyo. Daddy just needs to rest and close his eyes." his father tried to reason out but the child already kisses his forehead. Some ketchup transfers to his skin and Chaerin couldn't be more happier than this.

"Aish..." Jiyong mutters under his breath. Yet, he still didn't move from his spot.

"Aye Jingyo, your Daddy needs more kisses!" she exclaims.

"More?!" the child was about to lean forward again if his father just didn't sit properly.

"I'm fine now. Daddy is fine." he bites his lower lips.

Chaerin can't help but laugh on the other hand.

 

 

Jingyo claps his small hands as they made their way towards the center of the carnival. He has a mission to fulfill. If he wanted to get his prize, he better do things according to the plan.

You see, just this afternoon while his Daddy was away, his Halmeoni called him. She seems a bit sick because her voice was low and kept on echoing. Recalling his grandmother's instruction, Jingyo's forehead creases...

 

Flashback

Ring Ring

"Hel-looo?" he wipes the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter