Dos

TO.GET.HER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One bottle.

Two...

Chaerin swigs her third bottle of beer as she keeps on remembering her bastard-excuse-of-an-ex-husband. She can't help but laugh in annoyance with the absurdity of his offer as well as the thickness of his face to even appear in front of her.

"He's still the same ." she bitterly mutters. "He's still that jerk...that cold, insensitive, self-centered guy I always thought him to be. After all the pain, the lies he told me, the cruelty I suffered on his hands, he still had the gut to talk to me as if nothing happened between us."

Hugging her knees, she stares at the blank space, hoping her tears won't fall.

"Life is ing unfair. If only I have enough money that time, I would be able to leave with my son."

She releases a deep sigh before emptying her third bottle. As much as she wanted to drink more and forget everything, she needs to gather her thoughts and plan thoroughly the mess she's about to take.

 

 

"Why do you always go home late? I was waiting for you last night..."

"I am busy in the office." was all he can say.

"You should at least give me a call so I didn't have to wait for you everynight."

Nothing. He doesn't even responded.

 

 

"Where are you? I thought you're going to accompany me in shopping for my art room?"

"I can't make it. I have to visit the new site."

"You're always busy in your work. I also need you here...Don't you want to spend time with me?"

"For Pete's sake Chaerin. Stop asking too many questions and stop being clingy!"

"S-Sorry."

 

 

"You're pregnant?"

"A-Aren't you happy?"

He covers his face with his palm, though she can tell he's clearly disappointed. "I thought you were taking pills?"

"I stopped since last month. W-What's wrong with having a child?"

", you should have told me!"

"So you didn't want the baby?"

"I didn't say that. The timing is wrong and it's ed up!"

"I can't believe I am hearing that from you."

He storms out of their room, not even bother looking back.

 

 

"I love you..." she murmurs softly. Sleep is taking over her system as he gently  her hair.

"I am sorry Chaerin." she can hear him mutters but she can no longer decern the meaning behind his regretful words.

The next thing she knew, she caught him kissing his own secretary in his office. Instead of telling her some explanation, he just told her to go away.

She can't even fight back. How can she when she's 8 months pregnant with his child? Hurt and devastated, she almost lose the baby. Yet she made it. The baby made it.

But their marriage didn't.

 

 

Chaerin gasps at the tinge of pain she felt while recalling some memories in her dark past. It still hurts. It might hurt her forever but maybe, facing the pain instead of running away will help her move on.

Maybe...

Hopefully.

 

 

 

The next morning...

She glances at the tall building and contemplates about her own decision. ' Chaerin, I don't know if you're losing your mind or you're just tired of living. Why are you here?' she mentally scolds herself.

Kwon Empire.

The Queen is currently standing in front of the tallest building in Seoul City...her number one enemy's territory.

After thinking hard last night, she came up with the decision of accepting the devil's offer. Perhaps, her son's latest picture is the trigger.

Or maybe, it's his annoying-slash-alluring smirk which caused her to accept the idea once and for all.

"Never!" she harshly mutters, kinda disgusted with her last thought. She proceeded to brush her black coat and enter the said building.

 

Walking towards the reception area, she's about to ask the receptionist if she can talk with the CEO when someone suddenly pulls her arm. Out of reflex, she counter-attacked by pulling back her arm and twisting the stranger's joint...only to have his guards alerted causing them to point their guns on them.

"Release Mr. Kwon!" the chief commander calls out but she only tightened her grip.

"Ouch...Ouch! Jesus, let me go Chae~!" the panting CEO squirms in pain as he found his hand locked on his back.

"You?! What the Jiyong? Who told you to startle me like that?" she releases him immediately.

"I told you to protect me, not to twist my arm." he pouts like a school boy.

Looking around, she realizes that they have gathered a huge crowd composed of his employees and guards who are still busy pointing guns at her.

"Put those guns down!" he roars to the security personnels before cautiously grabbing her hand. "You know what Chae, if you didn't waste your time shaking your head outside, we could have grab some coffees." he grins. Noting that the crowd has disperse after his order, he gently pulls her towards his personal elevator.

Her face automatically reddens on the other hand, knowing that he's seeing her actions outside all along. Can't fight the urge, the Queen just found herself twisting the CEO's arm again...

...but surprisingly gentler this time.

 

 

 

Contracts.

Of course everything must be settled with binding documents.

After jotting down each of their conditions, the ex-couple switched papers to review the other party's demands.

Chaerin's head automatically aches once she founds out that ALL of her conditions contradicts HIS conditions. Jiyong, on the other hand, laughs hysterically as if he already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter