Text Message

Will You Be My Valentine?

Ding!

I heard Nayoung’s cellphone ring in the kitchen. She shuffled off our dining table chair and reached for it from the counter.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!” she squealed incredibly loudly. “JIEUN AHHHHHHHH!!!!”

Uh oh….what was going on?

“OMO JIEUN AH LOOK LOOOOOOK!!” she pointed wildy to her phone.

I read it carefully.

 

Nayoung-sshi

Please be ready by 6:30pm tomorrow. I’m sending a driver to pick you and your friend up. He will ring your doorbell when he arrives.

I can’t wait to see you.

Yoochun ^^

 

Was I surprised? Oh, yes I was. Shocked to be exact. Who exactly was this Yoochun guy and what did he do that he had enough money to send…..a driver?? Maybe his family was rich already?

Hehe, oh well, doesn’t matter. Leave it to our cute Nayoung to hook a rich man. For some reason, the previous guys she dated all happened to have money. It wasn’t her intent but they just really liked her!

Anyway, that text message put Nayoung in a good mood all day. She hummed and skipped everywhere she went. She didn’t even nag me about wearing makeup tomorrow. And for the past few days she had been doing it at least three times each day. Sometimes she would even start a conversation with “Jieun ah, remember to wear makeup!”

I knew she meant well, but truthfully, it was a nice rest for me, not having to listen to her lecture all day long.