Shopping

Will You Be My Valentine?

**Click the blue here if you want to see pictures (I recommend opening it in a new tab) Pictures are from photobucket, not random sites**

 

That weekend, after 30 minutes of rationalizing with me, Nayoung and I ended up at the mall to shop for our dresses. As usual, I had put up a fight for about 30 minutes about why it was necessary for me to buy a new dress. In my head, it made perfect sense for me to just wear the same dress I wore on New Year’s Eve. After all, I was already forced to buy that dress for about 250,000KRW (over $200) and I had only wore it once! It would be a waste of money to buy another expensive dress less than two months later. I wasn’t exactly rich either, just your average girl working for an average paying job.

Nonetheless, I was somewhat of a pushover. My friends knew that if they persuaded me long enough, I would eventually give in. I knew this too, I just didn’t know how to not give in. It was like my brain couldn’t handle saying no. But luckily, my friends were good people and never persuaded me to do bad things.

I trudged through the mall with Nayoung. We had already gone into two other stores earlier and were moving onto the third store now after having found nothing in the first two. Actually, it was more like Nayoung being picky for the both of us. I happened to encounter two or three dresses that I thought looked fine on me but Nayoung shot both of them down. Not special enough she said. What? Why do they have to be special anyways?!

I was more interested in looking for that pretzel shop I liked instead. I think Nayoung felt bad for me so when we passed it, she bought me a cinnamon pretzel! I was definitely a lot happier walking with a pretzel in hand.

We went into the third store. Nothing.

Fourth store. Nothing.

I really needed another pretzel……

Fifth store. Whew! At least Nayoung found something she was satisfied with. It was simple black dress (here) with long sleeves and a triangle cutout near the upper chest and back area. Nayoung looked dazzling when she tried it on. The dress hugged her at all the right places, showing off her curves, and the cutout just barely exposed her cleavage. It was conservative enough, yet would probably make all the men around her try to visualize what was underneath that dress.

I saw a black dress here that I really liked too. But of course, even though Nayoung agreed that the dress looked good, she said I wasn’t allowed to get another black dress since I already have too many.

So onto the sixth store we went.

Finally, at the seventh store, we finally found another dress that both of us agreed with. It was a shiny royal blue one shoulder dress (here) with a little bit of sparkle on the upper chest and hip area. I liked it mostly because it fit well on top and the stomach part was kind of loose so I could eat to my heart’s content without worrying about getting too full. Nayoung really liked it because the color was bright and captivating and the fabric looked good against my skin. Plus, it wasn’t too expensive since it was on sale, only $140!

It had been 4 hours since we arrived at the mall earlier today.

Oh thank god I could finally go home now.