Five

The Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What was that about?”

Baekhyun shrugged as he plopped down on the couch before lazily turning to see Chen whose face couldn’t hide the confusion that he’s in at the moment. The blonde once again tossed his glass ball in the air. A calculative and playful smile was painted on his face.

“You just can’t go around making announcements like that without talking to us,” Chen added with a hint of irritation and frustration in his voice. He’s known Baekhyun for years and he’s one hell of a headache. He thought the blonde’s done with his games but it’s obvious that he still has one up on his sleeves.

“She’s a Han, my friend,” Baekhyun stated in a matter-of-fact tone while still tossing the ball. “If she’s not fit to be the Queen, then who is?”

“Is that the only qualification?” Chanyeol butted in as he strutted to where the two were sitting. He looked even more pissed off. He looked down at Baekhyun with a fiery glare. “Yes, she is a Han but she’s just a half-blood. And with the rumors of her father being a traitor-”

“Oh come on, you’re really going to use the half-blood issue and a baseless rumor to make me apologize for what I did?” Baekhyun asked as he stood. He might be shorter than Chanyeol but he’s not a little bit scared of what the tall man would do. There’s a reason why he’s the Ace and Chanyeol’s not. “If I knew better, you’re angry at me for naming a new Queen to replace Jinhee.”

Chen looked at the two and he could feel the tension building up. Bringing up Jinhee’s name was like a blow below the belt. Baekhyun studied how Chanyeol clenched his fists and how his brows bristled in anger. “I get it. You’re pissed that a half-blood would take over the position that your pureblood cousin held for two years. Jinhee’s not here anymore so-”

“Baekhyun,” Chen called out, trying to stop the blonde from saying any word.

“-grow up and start accepting things,” the blonde finished but as he said the last word, Chanyeol threw a ball of fire to his direction. With his quick reflex, Baekhyun was able to avoid it but the poor lamp was shattered instead.

“You sound like she’s just a stranger to you. It hasn’t even been a year since she-” Chanyeol stopped when he couldn’t find the courage to say the next word. “I’m not pissed off just because she’s a half-blood or because her father’s a rumored traitor. I’m pissed off because you’re acting like an . You’ve been staining the names of our families because of your stupid actions. You haven’t even talked with us about your little surprise.”

“In case you haven’t realized yet, I was the one who named Yoo Jinhee as the Queen and Suho said nothing against it. Yunho even commended me for what I did. He said I have eyes in seeing talent and skill in a person,” Baekhyun retorted but not in an angry tone. He’s so calm as if he knows that he did nothing wrong. “Now, if you have any violent reaction about what I did, tell me and-”

“What happened here?”

Baekhyun shut his mouth and internally sighed, hating the fact that he was cut midway. The three looked at Suho’s direction. The latter was staring at the lamp - or what remained of it. Xiumin glanced at the burning curtain and in a matter of seconds, it stopped when ice enveloped the entire curtain. Without saying a word, the blue haired guy turned to the stairs and proceeded to his room. He’s done listening to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s banters.

“We were just talking,” the blonde replied nonchalantly. Suho looked at Baekhyun then at Chanyeol. Sighing, Suho walked past the two as he headed to the table to pour himself a glass of water. Tracing the mouth of the glass with his index finger, he met Baekhyun’s gaze with an unreadable expression.

“You’ve been doing things on your own lately,” he started before pausing. “I heard what you did-”

“Tell him that he’s wrong,” Chanyeol interrupted but regretted it right away when he saw the glint in Suho’s eyes.

“I don’t think you need to explain to me but Yunho wants to see you. Baekhyun, don’t forget that we’re all in the same team,” Suho stated. Baekhyun almost laughed his off when he heard that.

“Are we? I don’t think so.” With that, the blonde left the common room and went straight towards the door, leaving the three in silence. Deep inside, they knew that Baekhyun’s saying the truth. Despite knowing each other for years, there are still secrets kept between them.

 

 

“Mina, are you okay?” Sia asked as she knocked on the door of the cubicle. Inside, Mina’s puking her guts out. It hasn’t even been a week since she got there but her life’s already that messed up. She couldn’t shake the stares that she received from the students when Baekhyun made the surprising announcement. The overwhelming attention was making her feel queasy.

She wiped with a tissue before taking a deep breath. She’s sure that Baekhyun’s messing with her. There’s no way in hell I’m going to involve myself with them. Then again, she’s reminded of how she’s already crossed paths with some of the Royals. Maybe trusting Suho in helping her to know more about her father was a wrong decision.

“Mina?” Sia called out once again as she knocked on the door. She turned around and unlocked the door. When she stepped out, Sia quickly walked to her side with a worried expression. “Are you feeling better?” she asked, softly patting Mina’s back.

Nodding her head slowly, Mina leaned on the sink with her head down and eyes shut. She could feel her stomach churning. When she lifted her face, she saw a pale version of her on the mirror. Her lips were almost as white as snow.

“I didn’t know you are one of them,” Sia commented with a soft voice as if she was telling that to herself. “For almost a year, the position of the Queen was not given to anyone after the previous Queen died. I think her name was Yoo Jinhee. She-”

“Sia, when you said that I should be careful while holding a cup of coffee, did you see me with either Baekhyun or Kai in that lobby?” Mina asked, interrupting whatever Sia’s about to say as she looked at her friend. She’s not concerned of who the previous Queen was at the moment. She just wants answers to her questions. Sia fixed her sunglasses as her brows knitted together, trying to remember her vision. She shook her head after some time.

“Not at the lobby,” Sia muttered as she came to a realization. “It was in a room and I think it’s today since you’re wearing the same clothes. It was not that clear but you called someone Yunho and-” Before she could even finish what she’s supposed to say, Mina already bolted out of the restroom. “Mina!”

Looking at Mina run with all her might, Sia just found herself sighing. She looked over her shoulder. Mina did not even bother taking her bag with her.

On the other hand, Mina’s running with all her might across the field. Yunho’s in his office and I need to talk to him about what’s happening. With wide strides, she reached the Main Building in no time. She was gasping for air when she set foot on the building. Pushing her way to Yunho’s office, she just ignored the stares from the people there.

Without bothering to knock, Mina swung the door open and there, she found Baekhyun, Kai and Yunho talking seriously. All of them, including Suho who was quietly sitting on the couch, looked at her in surprise. Beads of sweat were trickling down her forehead and she was breathing unevenly.

“Mina,” Suho muttered as he stood. Mina’s eyes were focused on Yunho who looked tired compared to the last time that she saw him.

“Like I was saying, I did that to protect her. I don’t see anything wrong with that,” Baekhyun stated, glancing back at Yunho. The latter looked like he was in a deep thought after that.

“Giving her that position will attract too much attention from the other students,” Kai rebutted. “And with her unstable ability, she will make the students wonder if we made the right decision. There are people here, in this university, who hate the idea of us existing. Dragging her in our group will-”

“Dragging her in our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter