Chapter Twenty Two

Silent Fever

Chapter Twenty-Two

Jungkook fell to the floor as he was jostled away from Hoseok. He blinked and sat up, seeing Hoseok looking just as startled. Yoongi was running from the room. Jungkook got up and followed him. Yoongi was in the bathroom, throwing up once more. Jungkook had woken twice during the night to the elder rapper leaving the room. This time Yoongi had left suddenly instead of trying to be stealthy.

“Yoongi-hyung?” Jungkook said softly as he knelt down beside him.

Yoongi knelt back, slumping to the side. Jungkook grabbed him and pulled him towards himself, stopping him from landing on the floor. Jungkook could feel the smaller man's body shaking. This was the third time he knew about, and Jungkook didn’t want to know if there were more. Yoongi was breathing harshly as he pushed out of Jungkook’s arms and leaned over the toilet bowl once more.

Jungkook winced as all Yoongi was doing was dry heaving. He got up grabbing a glass and filling it with water. Settling back down he waited for Yoongi to finish, handing it over. Yoongi took it with shaking hands, Jungkook kept hold of the glass as Yoongi swilled his mouth out. Jungkook pulled the elder to lean against him again. Yoongi didn’t protest, just leaned against him and closed his eyes. Jungkook put the glass on the counter, reaching over and flushing the toilet.

They sat there for a few more moments, only for Yoongi to throw up the little water he had drank. Jungkook looked up as he saw Hoseok standing there, leaning against the door frame. “Is he okay?” he asked tiredly, eyes closing as he gripped the door frame to try and keep himself upright. He was still feeling dizzy and the room was spinning badly.

Jungkook handed the water over again as Yoongi finished, “He’s been throwing up a lot,” he answered, worried about his hyung.

“Should we get him back to bed?” he asked.

“Don’t know,” Jungkook said, as he let Yoongi rest against him again.

“What’s going on?” Seokjin asked. He had been woken up but the noise that was going on not far from where he had been sleeping.

“Hyungs been sick,” Jungkook said softly as he looked towards him, Yoongi still resting in his arms.

Seokjin walked over and knelt down. “Kookie, take Hobi back to bed, get him settled and then see if you can find some of the medicine that you’ve been taking for nausea, it might be able to help.”

Jungkook looked reluctant to let Yoongi go. “Okay,” he said after a while, letting Seokjin take hold of Yoongi and letting the rapper rest against him.

Jungkook went and helped Hoseok back to his room. “Try and get back to sleep Hobi-hyung,” he said softly.

“I will just come back here with Yoongi if you can,” he smiled, eyes tightly closed. His voice barely above a whisper as he didn’t want to wake the other two in the room.

“I’ll try,” he said as he looked over to the bed where Taehyung and Jimin were still fast asleep.

Hoseok squeezed his hand before letting go and curling up on the bed. Never opening his eyes, afraid of the room spinning too much around him. Jungkook gave a soft smile as he went to search for the medicine that Seokjin had told him to get. Rushing back to the bathroom he was met by the sight of Yoongi clinging to Seokjin as the elder helped him to his feet.

“Where are you going?” Jungkook asked.

“I’m taking him to Namjoon’s room. I’m in there at the moment with Joonie,” Seokjin replied softly.

“I… Erm…” Jungkook began, thinking of what he said to Hoseok moments before, “Hobi-hyung wants him to be nearby,” he said softly,

“Hmm,” Seokjin hummed, heading towards Namjoon’s room, “The only thing I can think of is to bring Hoseok into the room as well. But it might be a little crowded and I don’t know if it will be all right to bring Hoseok as well. He still didn’t look well,” he finished.

“I know, but I think he’s worried about Yoongi-hyung,” Jungkook said softly, helping Seokjin with getting Yoongi down the hallway.

“Be… fine…” Yoongi gasped out, his voice rough and weak.

“Let’s get you to bed,” Seokjin said softly as they walked into the room. Namjoon awake and blearily looking at what was going on. Though Jungkook could see that he wasn’t really taking anything in. 

The two got Yoongi settled on the bed and Jungkook left the room, “I’m going to ask Hobi-hyung what he wants to do,” he said quietly.

Seokjin just gave a nod as he grabbed a bowl for Yoongi to use instead of going to the bathroom. He went and checked on Namjoon, smiling at the sleepy look he got, “Go back to sleep Joonie,” he said softly, brushing the hair away from his face, “Sleep,” he pushed a little more. It took a few moments but Namjoon’s eyes began to close as he drifted off to sleep. He got up and went back off to Yoongi as the door to the room opened slowly.

“Sorry,” Hoseok said as he opened his eyes a little and glanced at Seokjin, “I just want to be with Yoongi, I’m worried,” he said, he was leaning on Jungkook a little, swaying where he stood.

“It’s okay,” Seokjin said, “Had a feeling he would want to come in,” he smiled, going over and helping Hoseok to the other side of the bed that Yoongi was on.

“I know there won't be enough room for me,” Jungkook said, “But I’m going to get some blankets and pillow and sleep on the floor,” he finished already leaving the room.

“You okay Hobi?” Seokjin asked seeing how pale the dancer was.

“Just really dizzy, and I wish the room would stop spinning for more than a second or two,” he answered truthfully.

Seokjin gave a low chuckled, causing himself to cough a few times, “Yes that would be nice,” he breathed heavily, rubbing his chest and trying to smile, “Try and get some sleep.”

“Yeah,” he agreed, rolling onto his side and curling closer to Yoongi. Who turned and faced the young dancer, wrapping an arm around him.

Seokjin got up and went over to the desk chair and settled back down in it, he had been using Taehyung’s bed to sleep in. But with two additions to the room and not wishing to share with Namjoon while he’s feeling ill he decided he would have the chair.

Jungkook came back in the room, setting out a few blankets and pillows and settling down on them. He looked to his hyung in the chair, “Are you okay there?” he asked.

Seokjin nodded, “I’m fine, it’s easier to breathe and sleep while sitting up like this,” he reassured him.

“You sure?” he pushed, “It really doesn’t look comfortable to sleep there, and you don’t have a blanket,” he added as he noticed that his hyung was just in a pair of sweats and an old t-shirt.

“I’m fine Kookie, go to sleep,” Seokjin said, his tone almost warning him to drop what he was asking.

“Here,” he said, getting up and taking one of the blankets and handing it over, “At least keep warm,” he smiled.

Seokjin coughed a few times as he accepted it, “thank you,” he said when he caught his breath. Leaning back in the chair he closed his eyes, taking the time to rest. He was still tired and wanted nothing more than to go to his room and sleep. But he was too worried about the members of the rap line to try and do so.

Jungkook watched his hyung and knew that he would be taking on everything himself. Jungkook was feeling a lot better, and he knew that Taehyung and Jimin were as well. He gave a soft sigh and lay down, wiggling around trying to get comfortable he went to sleep.

XxXxX

Taehyung had woken in confusion on the morning. Only he and Jimin were still in the bedroom, the blankets for the other bed had already disappeared. The singer got up and looked around for everyone. He saw a worried Jungkook in his and Namjoon’s bedroom. Hoseok and Yoongi were asleep on his bed, Yoongi curled up tightly against Hoseok. Namjoon was still asleep in his own bed.

“What happened?” he asked Jungkook.

Jungkook told him quickly what had happened, “Yoongi-hyung has woken up several times to throw up. He can’t keep anything down. Namjoon-hyung just seems really out of it, he’s not paying attention to anything and just sleeps mostly. But hyung said that his temperature is coming down and he’ll be fine. He said that hyung is just really tired. Hobi-hyung is still feeling dizzy and doesn’t like to open his eyes, he keeps saying that the room is spinning.”

“Okay, so where is hyung?” he said as he looked around for Seokjin.

“He went to get something to eat for everyone. I think we’re all having some more of the soup Jimin made last night. He made so much,” he answered as Yoongi sat up suddenly and leaned to the side. Jungkook moved fast, grabbing the bowl from the floor and let Yoongi throw up the little bit of water that had gotten him to drink a few minutes before Seokjin had left the room.

“I’ll help hyung,” Taehyung said, wincing at the sound of retching.

Jungkook just gave an absent nod as the older singer walked out and headed to the kitchen. Jimin joining him as he walked out of the bedroom. “Tae,” he said with a smile, “Is everything okay?” he asked, glancing into the living room and seeing no one inside.

“Yoongi-hyung is throwing up a lot,” he answered, telling Jimin what Jungkook had just told him.

“I’ll make some more, there won't be much left,” he said as the two walked into the kitchen. Two trays set up with four bowls. “Hyung,” he greeted.

Seokjin jumped a little and turned around to face them, “Oh, how are both of you this morning?” he asked, turning back to the bowls and filling them up. Making sure that Yoongi’s was a little bit weaker than the others, along with the tea.

“I’m fine,” Taehyung said.

“Same here,” Jimin added a smile on his face. “I can make some more of the soup if you want?” he asked, wanting to help the flustered man.

Seokjin gave a relieved sigh, a small cough joining it at the end, “That would be wonderful Jiminie, but only if you are up to it.”

“I am, and Tae can help,” he said.

They watched as Seokjin left with one tray of bowls, talking to himself, “Jungkook and Hoseok.” It didn’t take long for him to be back and murmured “Yoongichi and Joonie.”

“Isn’t he eating?” Jimin asked worriedly.

“He might have something in a bit, if we don’t see him do so we’ll make him,” Taehyung said with a nod.

“Yeah,” Jimin gave him a soft look, “Let’s clean up and I’ll start making some more,” he said as he grabbed the almost empty pot and poured the last into a tub.

“Should be enough for three small bowls,” Taehyung said as he put it away.

The two spent the rest of the morning cleaning and cooking. Making sure to stop Seokjin from running around. Not that they were able to stop him that much. Jungkook was helping him as best as possible in looking after Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi.