Chapter Twenty Four

Silent Fever

Chapter Twenty Four

 

Jin lay on the bed, it had been a day since he had passed out after a bad coughing fit. And none of them was letting him up. Glancing around his room, he grinned as he realised he had been left alone, finally. Slowly he flipped the blankets off him and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. He wanted to get up.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Jungkook asked as he opened the bedroom door and stood there, arms folded.

 

“I just want to get up,” Jin sighed, breaking out into a small coughing fit.

 

Jungkook rushed over, “this is why you need to rest up a bit more,” he shook his head. Rubbing Jin’s back a little he waited for the coughing fit to pass. As soon as he was done, he swung Jin’s legs back onto the bed and covered him up, “I’ll get you something to drink, you stay there,” he told him, leaving the room.

 

Jin scowled, ignoring Jungkook as he tossed off the blankets again and get off the bed. This time he moved a little quicker as went to go out of the room. He was halfway down the corridor when he felt arms going around his waist and pulling him back to the bedroom.

 

“Nope, you’re supposed to be in bed Jin-hyung,” Taehyung grinned as he instead, picked him up and carried him to the bedroom.

 

“PUT ME DOWN!” he yelled only to break out coughing again, “damn,” he muttered as he was dropped onto the bed and covered up again.

 

“Sorry hyung, you’re supposed to be resting,” he smiled down at him, “Should I get you some-” he was cut off as Jungkook walked back in.

 

“Tea,” he said as he walked over to the bed and placed it down on the bedside table, “drink up, Yoongi hyung said he’ll take care of dinner with Hobi hyung,” he added and then noticed that Taehyung was in the room, “What are you doing here, I thought you were cleaning out the bedrooms?”

 

“Saw Jin hyung attempting an escape,” he grinned widely with a shrug.

 

“Hyung!” Jungkook admonished, “Please, just get some rest.”

 

Jin said nothing as he reached out and picked up the mug of tea, “Thank you Kookie,” he smiled at him. All the while, plotting his escape from his bedroom.

 

“Right, stay in bed,” he said once more as Taehyung nodded in agreement.

 

Jin sighed and sulked for a few moments as he was left alone. Drinking the tea he waited patiently as he heard the others walking outside the bedroom door. There was a tiny crack and he could see their shadows as they passed by. As soon as he finished his tea he set the mug aside and narrowed his eyes. No one had gone past in a while, this was his chance. Flinging the bedclothes off him for the third time, he got out of bed.

 

Jin tiptoed to the door, peeking out, looking up and down the corridor and grinning to himself when he saw no one. He wanted his phone and he had left it on charge in the kitchen. Heading towards the kitchen, he made sure he was quiet as he reached it. He could hear voices in the living room and pouted as he realised that the others were all together and he was on his own in his bedroom.

 

“What are you doing up hyung?” Jimin asked as he walked up behind the elder.

 

Jin jumped, giving a little yell as he turned, “You scared the life out of me Jimin-ah!” he complained.

 

“Sorry hyung,” he smiled as he walked over, “You should be resting in bed though, so come on back to bed,” he orders as he goes over to his hyung and begins to manhandle him towards the bedrooms again.

 

“Jiminie,” he whines, “I just want to get my phone, I’m bored,” he complained.

 

“Then go back to bed and I’ll get it for you,” he tells him, “I know you don't want to be in bed hyung, but you need to rest. You wore yourself out so much taking care of the hyungs,” he said softly, a hint of worry in his voice.

 

“Fine,” he muttered, knowing that if he didn’t he would just be picked up by one of the others and taken back to his room. He had lost a little weight over the last couple of weeks, not having much of an appetite and was now easily picked up by some of the members at the moment.

 

“Good,” Jimin smiled brightly at him as he watched Jin head back to his bedroom and went to get the elders phone. Grabbing it he picked up a fresh glass of water for him as well. “Here you go,” he said as he handed over the phone and placed the glass down on the bedside table when he reached the bedroom.

 

“Thank you,” Jin smiled at him, taking the phone. Jimin smiled at him as he then left him alone again. Jin huffed as soon as he was alone, “Really,” he muttered.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin rolled over and slowly opened his eyes. He must have dozed off, reaching for his phone he picked it up and looked at it, it had been almost two hours after his attempted escape that Jimin had thwarted. Rolling over onto his back, he stretched, he was feeling hungry. Getting up he slowly and quietly left the bedroom. He could hear voices in the living room again and sneaked into the kitchen. Going over to the cupboards he began to hunt through them, grabbing a back of Seaweed Chips he then headed over to the fridge to see what he could grab from there to munch on.

 

“Hyung!” came a voice from behind.

 

Jin jumped, slipping to the floor, “What!” he yelled out, as he turned from where he had fallen on the floor.

 

“Hyung!” Hoseok called again, as he knelt down to check the elder over, to make sure that he was okay.

 

His call didn’t go unnoticed by the others in the dorm as the rest entered the kitchen. Freezing momentarily when they saw Jin on the floor, with Hoseok hovering around him worriedly.

 

“Hyung!” Taehyung and Jungkook called out as they rushed forwards. “Back to bed,” the younger of the two said as they helped him to his feet and matched him back to the bedroom.

 

“I just want to get myself something to eat,” he complained, trying to get out of their grip.

 

Jungkook tightened his hold, “Hyung, we’ll get you something to eat, just go and rest for a bit.”

 

“I’ll cook something for you,” Hoseok volunteered as he began to grab a few things from the cupboards.

 

Jin grumbled under his breath. He was too tired to even break out of the two youngest hold on him. He could hear the two of them talking to him, but he was ignoring them. He wanted to do something, to be up and about. He was just fine.

 

“Okay, into bed and Hobi hyung will bring you something to eat,” Taehyung said brightly, “For now, I’ll keep you company,” he added, as he and Jungkook helped Jin into bed and tucked him in.

 

“I’ll leave you to it,” Jungkook smiled leaving the room.

 

“Really, I could have done myself something,” Jin complained.

 

“I know you could hyung, but we want you to rest up, you passed out yesterday, scaring the crap out of all of us. So we want you to spend today and tomorrow in bed, resting,” Taehyung told him as he sat beside him on the bed.

 

Jin sighed, coughing a little as he did so, “Sorry,” he murmured. He had pushed himself hard when the three rappers had gotten worse. He had looked after them and had carried on looking after everyone and cleaning up. Even though the maknae line had done their best to take over. He had ended up passing out in the middle of the hallway carrying a few empty bowls. It had been enough to scare the others and had resulted in his confinement to his bed since it had happened.

 

“We know,” Taehyung said, cuddling closer to him, “But let us take care of you for once and just rest up, all right,” he told him softly.

 

Jin looked at him and gave a nod, “For a while.”

 

Taehyung grinned and the two waited for Hoseok to come in with something for Jin to eat.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin put his phone on charge, there was nothing to do again. It had been hours since he had seen someone. Okay so it had been more like an hour, but it felt like hours and hours had passed. Grumbling to himself, he was determined to get up and go to the living room and join the others. Getting out of bed again, he glanced around as he walked out of the bedroom and slowly made his way to the living room. He jumped as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Hyung, really?” came an annoyed voice, though Jin could detect the hidden amusement within it.

 

“Yoongi-yah,” Jin sighed, giving a few coughs as he turned, “I just want something to do, I’m bored being in bed all the time.”

 

Yoongi shook his head, “Jin hyung, you should be resting, so back to bed,” he said as he led the older man to their room.

 

“Really Yoongi, I just want to sit out there, I won't be doing anything, I’ll be just sitting down,” he protested as he felt the hand gripping his arm and almost dragging him towards the bedroom again.

 

“How about I set up the laptop and we’ll watch a drama or a film?” he suggested, glancing at Jin.

 

Jin nodded, smiling a little, “Okay, that will work. I just want something to do,” he sighed, coughing again.

 

“We all hoped that you would just rest and sleep for the day,” he said softly as they walked into the bedroom. He let Jin go to the bed as he started to set up the laptop so they could watch something.

 

Soon enough the two of them were settled on the bed. As the first episode of the drama finished, Yoongi looked down, snorting quietly as saw that Jin had fallen asleep.  Getting off the bed, he shut things down, not wanting to wake him up. Making sure he was covered he went back to the living room.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin woke slowly, frowning when he didn’t hear anyone in the room with him, “Yoongi?” he called out as he began to sit up.

 

“Sorry, just me,” Namjoon said as he stood in the doorway, “Was wondering if you wanted dinner yet?”

 

“No, not yet, not really hungry at the moment, just woke up,” he smiled sleepily as he sat up, yawning.

 

“Want some company?” he asked walking into the room.

 

Jin nodded, patting the bed beside him answering, “yeah.”

 

“Good,” he smiled as he walked over to the bed and sat on the edge. Book in his hand.

 

“Going to read to me again?” Jin asked.

 

Namjoon chuckled lightly, “If you want me to,” he answered.

 

“Please,” he replied softly as Namjoon settled himself on the bed. Jin leaned against him as Namjoon opened the book and started from the start, reading aloud. Jin smiled, feeling content and not as restless as he had been throughout the day.