Chapter Twenty

Silent Fever

Chapter Twenty

Morning arrived too quickly for Yoongi as he got up to make breakfast. He walked into the kitchen and came to a stop as he saw Hoseok already there and almost finished. “Morning Hobi,” he greeted the dancer as he went over and started up some tea.

“Morning hyung,” Hoseok greeted back, turning to look at the older rapper.

“Thank you for cooking, but you could have woken me up,” Yoongi told him, grabbing mugs for everyone. It shouldn’t take long for the smell of food to bring everyone to the kitchen.

Hoseok glanced at him, “I know you’ve been up most of the night,” he said softly, “Namjoon is already awake, he’s having a shower. Jimin threw up this morning, Namjoon as well,” he added.

“What about you and Taehyung?” Yoongi asked softly, worry in his voice.

“Taehyung’s stomach is hurting him a little again, but he hasn’t thrown up yet. As for me, blocked up nose and my head wants to explode. But I think Joonie is feeling the same,” he replied honestly. 

“All right,” Yoongi nodded.

“What about hyung and Jungkookie?” he asked softly.

“Hyung still has a fever, Jungkook threw up once last night. Seokjin tried to follow him. But I stopped him and went with Jungkook instead,” he answered, “Though he is awake, he’s watching over Seokjin for now, his fever has gone up a bit more,” he sighed softly, worried for Seokjin.

“Right,” Hoseok nodded slowly. “Let’s go and get everyone up, this will be fine on its own for a few moments,” he suggested.

“You go, get Jungkook to come to breakfast as well. I’ll have something in a bit, so try and save me some,” Yoongi said, though he didn’t know if he wanted to have something to eat, his stomach had been rolling all night. 

“Okay,” Hoseok said, giving him a dubious look. Yoongi was pale, very pale, and he could see a few beads of sweat rolling down the side of his neck.

Hoseok left as Namjoon walked in, “Want some helping taking everything out?” he asked.

Hoseok turned, “Erm, may as well, I don’t think they shouldn't be long in getting up.”

Hoseok went to his own room first, Jimin was already sat up on his bed, yawning and looking as though he was about to fall back on his bed and sleep some more. “Jimin-ah,” he called out softly.

“Hyung?” Jimin said blinking as he looked at him.

“Breakfast is ready, why don't you go and have something to eat and then shower,” he suggested.

Jimin hummed a little, “Don’t know if I want to have something to eat.”

“I know you were sick last night, but you still need something to eat,” he said going over to the bed and kneeling down in front of him, “So please try, for hyung?” he said, a little smile on his face.

Jimin stopped for a moment and then nodded, “Okay hyung, I’ll try,” he said softly.

Hoseok beamed at him, only to have to turn his head and sneeze, “Stupid cold,” he muttered to himself.

“At least you’re not throwing up,” Jimin said, a grin of his face.

Hoseok nodded, “Okay, there is that, but nothing tastes right,” he pulled a face making Jimin laugh, “Come on Jiminie,” he said, getting up and pulling the other up as well. 

Jimin headed out of the room as Hoseok went to Namjoon and Taehyung’s room. He walked in and saw Taehyung curled up on the bed, an arm around one of the plushies he had in his room. He smiled as he walked over and sat on the edge, “TaeTae,” he sang softly, “Time to wake up,” he added, running a hand over Taehyung’s head, gently pushing his hair back.

“Hmm,” came a complaining whine as Taehyung tried to move away from him.

“I know Taehyungie,” Hoseok said, “But it’s time to wake up, breakfast is ready and you know we’ll eat it all before you get there if you don't get up,” he teased softly.

“Sleepy,” he complained, rolling over and opening one eye to look at Hoseok.

“Come on,” Hoseok said, with a shake of his head, “Up,” he smiled, gently pulling him up.

“Kay,” he sighed, opening his eyes fully and letting himself be pulled from the bed

“Go and get something to eat, then shower and change, okay,” Hoseok smiled at him.

“Okay hyung,” Taehyung sighed and stood up and plodded out of the room. Still half asleep.

Hoseok smiled as he followed him out of the room. Stopping in Yoongi and Seokjin’s room. Jungkook was awake and cleaning off the sweat that Seokjin was covered in. “Hey,” he said softly as he saw the worried look on Jungkook’s face.

“Hyung,” he said, worried eyes barely glancing at him before he looked back towards Seokjin and carried on with what he was doing.

Hoseok went over to the bed and sat done on the other side from Jungkook, “Come on, have a little something to eat and then come back. I’ll stay with him.”

“I’m fine to stay here,” Jungkook insisted.

“Kookie,” Hoseok said softly, “You go and have something to eat, go on, and have a shower as well. I’ve already done that, and I’ll eat when you come back,” he said as he saw the unsure look on the young maknae’s face. 

Jungkook hesitated for a little while longer, “Okay,” he gave in as he refreshed the cloth and laid it across a sweat soak brow.

Jungkook got up and headed out of the room. Glancing back he looked to the bed and then headed to where he could hear everyone else talking softly. “Morning hyungs,” he greeted.

“Morning,” they all replied, each of them sounding tired, though Yoongi sounded really tired. 

“I think hyungs fever is breaking,” Jungkook said softly.

Everyone went quiet and stared at him, “Really?” Jimin asked, hope filling his voice.

Jungkook nodded, “Yeah, he’s sweating really badly at the moment.”

“Does sound like it, we’ll keep an eye on his temperature, if it starts going to down then it is,” Yoongi said, moving his food around a little and barely taking a bite.

Namjoon was doing the same with his own food, “Right, take it in turns again.”

“Yeah,” Yoongi agreed.

“Can we all be in the living room again, watching movies?” Taehyung asked, head resting on Jimin’s shoulder.

The others shared a look, “Yeah okay, we’ll bring everything back in. Though let’s leave Jin-hyung in bed to sleep,” Namjoon told him.

Taehyung sat up, nodded and smiled, “Okay.”

Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung went to gather everything as Yoongi started to clean up. He looked at Namjoon, still sat at the table, looking tired.

“Joon-ah, you all right?” he asked him softly, grabbing another of the dishes to take out.

Namjoon jolted for a moment, “Yeah, hyung?” he said as he looked up at Yoongi.

“Are you okay?” he asked again, standing by the table.

Namjoon gave a nod, “Yeah, just… just a headache, that's all,” giving a grimacing smile, he blinked as the movement of his head put him directly in line with the sun shining through the window.

“You sure that's it?” he asked.

Namjoon nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine hyung,” he reassured.

“Okay,” Yoongi said, trying to stop a yawn, but failing. “Right, let's clean up,” he said, “Then I’m going to take over for Hobi,” he added, grabbing a few more things and taking them out.

Namjoon got up and started to help, panicking when one of the bowls started to slip out of his grasp. A hand shot out and grabbed it, “Thank you,” he said as he saw Jungkook.

“No problem hyung, be careful,” he grinned as he started to help, “Living room is all set up, TaeTae, wants to watch Finding Nemo again,” he said with a shrug.

“Right,” Namjoon snorted, Taehyung had watched that film a number of times, “Let's clean up and let Hobi-hyung have something to eat before we settled down.

“Hyung,” Jungkook said as they walked into the kitchen, “you go and take over to Hobi-hyung,” he said as he saw Yoongi starting to wash up.

“We can do this,” Namjoon said as he walked over and started to store the leftover food, it could always be warmed up later for them to eat.

“Okay,” he said, looking to the food that was being heated on the cooker for Hoseok, “I’ll go and tell him.”

Yoongi dried his hands and walked out of the kitchen, hearing the two of them starting to clean up. He could hear Jimin and Taehyung in the living room, giggling a little. He goes into the bedroom and sees Hoseok wiping away the sweat that seemed to be pouring from Seokjin.

“Hey,” he greeted the younger rapper.

“Yoongi-hyung,” Hoseok said, turning to him.

“Go and have something to eat, I’ve left something on the stove for you. It should still be warm enough,” he said as he took the cloth and carried on.

Hoseok smiled, “Okay,” he nodded, getting up and heading out of the room.

XxXxX

It was seven hours later and Yoongi was still in his shared room with Seokjin. They had tried changing over a few times with him, but the elder rapper was adamant that the others relax as much as they could. They were in the middle of watching another Disney movie, though Jungkook had asked for a Marvel film a few times. He had only got his way once so far. They heard shuffling from behind them.

“Hey,” came a quiet croaky voice.

“I couldn’t keep him in bed any longer, he wants to be out here with all of us,” Yoongi said, looking annoyed at Seokjin.

“I didn’t want to be in there anymore, need to clean up,” he muttered darkly.

Yoongi snorted, “You’ve had a shower and now your in here with them,” he said as he led their hyung to the middle of the group that had opened up for the two of them.

Seokjin smiled tiredly at them all, he knew he wouldn’t remain awake for long. He was tired from the shower and the small walk. His chest was aching a little as well, he had been coughing up a lung after his shower, but he still felt better from it. They all cuddle closer and pressed play on the movie once more. It didn’t take long for Seokjin to fall asleep, Yoongi quickly joining him since he had been up for most of the night with Seokjin. They lowered the volume on the TV and carried on, some of them succumbing to sleep, other remaining awake as they spent the rest of the day lazing around the living room, only moving to warm up the precooked meals that they had done, and other basic needs.