Chapter Three

Silent Fever

Chapter Three

Seokjin lay on his back on the bed, staring at the ceiling above him. He had woken up coughing almost twenty minutes ago. He glanced over at the other bed, glad that Yoongi was still asleep. Getting up he grabbed a fresh bottle of water and drank half of it before walking over to his bed. Sitting on the edge he looked at his phone, pressing the button and almost groaning when he saw that it was almost three in the morning.

"May as well," he whispered to himself as he got up, put on some shoes and grabbing a keycard along with Namjoon's. Walking through the deserted corridor to Namjoon and Hoseok's room he quietly opened the door and walked inside. Going over to Hoseok's bed first. He stopped, shaking his head, smiling as he saw how the other was lying.

Hoseok was on his stomach, one leg and arm dangling off the side of the bed, the covers scrunched up at the bottom. If the younger dancer shifted just a little more he would easily end up on the floor. Seokjin sighed softly, going over and gently moving him onto the bed. Hoseok gave a sleepy whine and rolled into the middle of the bed. With a smile, Seokjin took the covers and pulled them up. He checked Hoseok's temperature, finding it a little high, but not enough to worry about yet.

Heading over to Namjoon, he smiled a little when he saw the other awake, "You all right?" he asked softly, not wanting to wake Hoseok up with their talk.

"Yeah," Namjoon grumbled, "just stuffy," he complained.

"It's been long enough that you can take a couple more of the meds if you need to," Seokjin suggested, sitting on the edge of the bed. Reaching up a hand he pressed the back of it against Namjoon's forehead. Frowning a little at the heat, "Seems like your temp may be up. I should have got a thermometer while I was out," he sighed.

"It's fine," Namjoon told him, "Think I will take another tablet though," he gave in. His head was fuzzy, making it ache a little as well. He started to get up, only to be pushed back down.

"I'll get them," Seokjin smiled, he got up and grabbed another bottle of water and the tablets he had left on the table. Heading back to the bed he perched on the edge as Namjoon sat up.

“Thank you, hyung,” Namjoon said gratefully, leaning against the headboard. He took the two small tablets and bottled water.

“Welcome,” he said as soon as Namjoon had taken the two tablets. “Try-” he was cut off as he started to cough. Trying to muffle it as best as he could.

Namjoon got off the bed, grabbing another water bottle. Sitting beside Seokjin on the bed, he rubbed the others back as the elder started to get his coughing under control. “Okay?” he asked, handing his hyung the water bottle.

“Yeah,” Seokjin said horsley, taking the offered water he quickly drank a third of it.

“Doesn’t sound good hyung,” Hoseok said sleepily. He had been woken by the coughing.

“Sorry for waking you Hobi,” Seokjin said softly, “Joonie, back in bed. Try and get back to sleep. We’re going to need it tomorrow.”

“What about you?” Hoseok asked, not lying down, but looking at the eldest of the group in concern.

“I’m fine, just… a little cough,” he answered, “I’ll be going back to bed as soon as you two are settled.”

Namjoon shook his head, “I don’t think it is, just, go to bed, hyung, get some sleep and we’ll talk properly in the morning,” he said, ending with a sneeze.

“Sure,” Seokjin agreed easily, already thinking of ways that he could get out of such a talk.

Namjoon sighed, quickly blowing his nose before settling down in his bed, “Go to bed Jin-hyung.”

Seokjin nodded, “Good night,” he said softly, as he watched Hoseok settle down in his own bed. He walked out of the room, letting the door lock behind him before heading back to his own.

Unlocking his own door, he walked inside, only to freeze when he saw Yoongi’s bed empty. He had been asleep when Seokjin left. It only took a moment to hear a groan coming from the bathroom. Worried, Seokjin quickly headed over there and opened the door calling out, “Yoongi, are you okay?”

Yoongi just groaned for a second before he went back to dry heaving over the toilet. Seokjin rushed over, kneeling down beside him, slowly rubbing his back. Glancing around he saw a glass by the sink. Filling it with water, he waited a little while until Yoongi stopped.

“Here, drink this,” Seokjin said softly, letting Yoongi rest against him as he handed over the glass of water, “sip it slowly.”

Yoongi took the glass and took small sips, “I hate being sick,” he complained, eyes closing as he rested against his hyung.

“I think we all do,” he smiled softly, “Just feeling sick? Or something more?” he then asked, placing a hand on Yoongi’s forehead, trying to gauge if he had a fever or not.

"Stomach hurts a bit, I can't tell if that is fro-" he stopped as he dived towards the toilet bowl once more and began to throw up the small amount of water he had just drank. When he finished, Seokjin pulled him away from the toilet bowl to lean against him once more. Handing him the refilled glass of water, Yoongi murmured, “Thanks.” Sipping it slowly, “That was better than dry heaving,” he said quietly, voice cracking as he then closed his eyes tiredly.

“I’m going to look online for a 24-hour store,” Seokjin murmured to himself.

“You’re not going out at this time. I’ll survive till morning, then we can send one of the others out to get something, or manager-nim,” he whispered, taking another sip.

Seokjin nodded slowly, "Alright," he agreed. Standing up he helped Yoongi to his feet and out of the bathroom.

Yoongi gave a pitiful moan at the movement but didn't dart back towards the bathroom. Seokjin helped him onto the bed and covered him up. Looking around, he quickly gathered the waste bin and moved it over to the bed, "thanks," Yoongi said, glancing at his hyung, "Get into bed yourself."

Seokjin smiled, "Let me just get you some more water and then I will."

Yoongi sighed, "Fine. Just... don't make too much of a fuss. We always pick up some random bugs near the end of a tour," he reminded him.

"Yeah," he agreed grabbing a few bottles of water, putting two on Yoongi's bedside table and taking one for himself. Thinking for a moment and checking the time. "We've got a couple of hours before Manager-nim wants us up," he said, getting back into bed.

Yoongi just gave a hum, eyes already closing. Seokjin smiled softly, covering himself over and letting his own exhaustion pull him towards sleep.

XxXxX

It felt as though only a few minutes had gone by when Seokjin's alarm started blaring in the quiet room. Seokjin opened his eyes. He hadn't slept much, between his own coughing and Yoongi throwing up for the rest of the night. Seokjin couldn't help but get up and sit with him.

"Sleepy," Yoongi groaned, turning over and pulling the covers over his head.

Seokjin hummed in agreement, "I know," he wheezed, throat feeling tight.

Yoongi opened an eye and glanced over to his hyung, "You don't look so good."

Seokjin opened his eyes and glared at the younger, "Neither do you," he pointed out.

Yoongi gave a tired grin, "Suppose we should get up, Manager-nim said that you, Namjoon and Hoseok can miss the fan signing if you really don't feel up to it."

"I have a feeling none of us wants to miss it," Seokjin said, getting up, grimacing at how sweaty he felt. "Do you want to shower first?" he asked, sitting up and flinging the covers off.

"You can, I can sleep more," he replied, pulling the covers over his head to hide from the beam of sunlight that was coming through the small gap in the curtains.

The elder looked over at him, smiling and shaking his head and he gathered his things for a shower, looking at Yoongi one last time. He could already hear a few quiet snores coming from the rapper. With one last glance, Seokjin quickly went into the bathroom and showered. Coughing even more as steam quickly filled the room. Getting dressed he walked back into the room to see Yoongi sitting up, though still looking half asleep.

"Go shower and get ready, I'm going to make sure the others are awake," Seokjin said softly, "Then I'll see about getting you something for your stomach," he added, as he noticed that Yoongi must have been sick again while he had been in the shower, the bin had moved and there was a fresh smell of vomit in the air.

"I'll clean this," Yoongi said before Seokjin could reach for the bin and do so.

"You sure?" he asked, turning his head to cough a few times.

"Yeah, and contact Sejin-hyungnim to get some meds," he suggested, tiredly getting to his feet and heading towards the bathroom with the bin.

Seokjin watching him go, worry in his warm brown eyes, grabbing his phone he quickly sent a message to Sejin telling him what was going on. Getting a message back that Sejin would get them. He nodded to himself and left the room to make sure the others were awake.