Chapter Twenty Three

Silent Fever

Chapter Twenty-Three

Seokjin eyes were closed, the day had been hectic looking after the three rappers. Namjoon’s fever had broken almost an hour ago and he was finally sleeping properly now. Hoseok himself didn’t feel as dizzy, though Jungkook still hovered around him as he helped him to and from the bathroom when needed. Yoongi was still throwing up, anytime he had something to eat or drink it would come back up minutes later. Seokjin was trying to think of something that he could cook that might be able to help. He had given him some ginger tea or peppermint tea to help with the stomach. He knew if it continued any longer then he would insist on the eldest rapper to get seen by a doctor at the very least.

Jungkook looked at his hyung, he was pale and his breaths were coming in with short gasps almost. It worried him, and he knew that it was worrying Taehyung and Jimin as well. The two had been doing their best to try and stop Seokjin from running around. But most of the time it hadn’t worked. He got up quietly from where he was lying once more on a pile of pillows and blankets and went to get some tea for the older singer.

Walking into the kitchen he stopped when he saw Jimin, “Hey,” he greeted him softly, not wishing to alert anyone else that he was in there.

“Kookie?” Jimin frowned, turning from the stove.

“What are you doing?” he asked, walking closer, “It’s really late? Thought you would have been asleep while we have the chance.”

“Tae and I are hungry for more than soup,” he said with a soft smile, “We’re having something to eat, want to join us?” he asked.

“I was going to do a tea for hyung, he’s been coughing a lot,” he said softly as he started up the kettle to make some tea.

“You’re still welcome to join us. Tae and I are really hungry, feels like we haven’t eaten in forever,” he said with a soft smile.

“I know the feeling,” Jungkook agreed.

“Then join us, I’ve made enough for you as well, I was going to come in the bedroom and tell you about it, but since you’re here,” he gave a shrug as he stirred the meat into the vegetables and noodles.

The smell of it was making Jungkook's mouth water, “All right let me do this tea for hyung and give it to him and then I’ll be all right to join you and have some. Maybe we should offer Jin-hyung some as well,” he said, looking to at the floor and then glancing at Jimin.

“Well, there is enough for him to have some as well, I made a lot, I didn’t know if I wanted to cook again tomorrow,” he grinned as Taehyung walked into the room.

“Kookie,” Taehyung sang softly as he latched on to the younger.

“Yah!” he yelled, “Careful, making tea,” he said, glad that he hadn’t picked the kettle up just yet to pour.

“Sorry,” Taehyung said, a bashful smile on his face, “Didn’t see what you were doing.”

“It’s okay,” Jungkook said, taking the kettle and pouring the water, “I’m just going to take this to hyung,” he finished, adding in the honey and mixing it in as best as he could.

“All right, should be finished when you come back. If hyung wants some I’ll make him up a plate and take it to him,” Jimin said as he Jungkook gave a nod.

Picking up the mug he walked back to the bedroom, “Hyung,” he said softly, going the others attention.

Seokjin opened his tired eyes, “Kookie? I thought you were going to sleep.”

Jungkook shook his head, “Jimin has cooked some food for us if you want something more than soup,” he said. “Jimin also said that if you want some and don't want to leave the hyungs, he’ll bring in a plate for you.”

“That's nice of him, I wouldn’t mind a little bit to eat, not much though,” he said softly.

“You sure?” he asked.

“I am, not much of an appetite at the moment,” he said, rubbing his stomach.

“You feeling sick?” he asked.

“No, not really, just don’t think I've had enough to eat for the last few days and it’s playing on my stomach,” he answered him. He had been sick on the plane home and twice more since then. But nothing like the others.

“Okay, I’ll ask him to do up a small plate for you,” Jungkook said, “Well, I made you some honeyed tea as well,” he said as he handed over the mug.

“Thank you Kookie,” he smiled as he took the mug and had a sip, enjoying the way the hot liquid helped soothe the soreness in his throat.

Jungkook smiled back as he left the room. Going back into the kitchen he saw that it was empty. Going to the dining area he smiled as Jimin and Taehyung were putting things out. “Hyung would like a small plate, I can take it to him if you want?” he volunteered.

“It’s all right, I’ll do it, I’d like to check on them as well,” Jimin answered, doing up a small plate and heading out of the room.

“So you’re feeling better as well?” Taehyung asked him.

Jungkook nodded, “Yeah, have been for most of the day. Not a twinge or a roll at all.” He smiled.

“That’s good, at least some of us are. Just wish the others were as well. I don’t like it when they aren’t well,” Taehyung said as he dished out some of the food for Jungkook and handed it over.

“Thanks,” he said, taking the plate and picking up a pair of chopsticks and dug in. Taking a large bite and almost groaning at the taste or real food for the first time in a week.

“Good?” Taehyung grinned as Jimin walked back into the room.

“Yeah,” he grinned back, Jimin chuckling lightly as he sat down.

“Glad you are enjoying it,” the dancer said, picking up his own chopsticks and starting to eat.

“It’s nice to have real food again,” Taehyung agreed, taking another large bite, “How was hyungs?” he asked

“Seokjin is tired, you can see it, but the others are sleeping. I think I’ll be heading to bed after this as well,” he said gesturing to the food.

“Yeah,” Taehyung said, “Get sleep while we can, we need to make sure we’re in tiptop shape to help our hyungs,” he finished a soft smile on his face.

“Agreed,” Jungkook said, he hated to see them ill. They were supposed to be infallible, and while he knew that wasn’t really possible, it had felt like it when he was growing up with them.

The meal went by quickly. Seokjin coming out to bring out his plate and mug saying goodnight to the three of them. The others cleaned up together and then going to bed themselves. Jungkook going to Namjoon’s room and to his pile of blankets once more. While Taehyung and Jimin went to Jimin’s room to sleep.

XxXxX

The morning hadn’t been so bad. Hoseok had finally been able to get up without the threat of falling down thanks to his dizziness. Namjoon was sitting up in bed and going to the bathroom without help as the morning went on. Yoongi was still throwing up, but the weak tea and soup he was given was finally starting to stay down. It looked like they were finally starting to recover from whatever it was that had hit the three of them.

Seokjin grabbed the empty bowls and plates and piled them up on the tray, “Right, settle down and see if you can all get a little more sleep,” he advised the three of them.

“Okay hyung,” Yoongi was the one to answer, already lying down on the bed and curling against Hoseok.

Hoseok smiled down at him and cuddle back. Namjoon looked a little pout at the two of them and sent Seokjin a look. The elder gave a laugh and shook his head, “I’ll be back in a moment Joonie,” he said softly.

“Okay hyung,” he grinned back. Resting against the headboard, he wasn’t really tired, but he wouldn’t mind sitting with Seokjin and reading together again. It was relaxing last time. 

The three of them were quiet until they heard a shout from outside the room. “HYUNG!”

The three got up and rushed out. Jimin was sitting on the floor, Seokjin laying weakly in his arms, gasping for breath between deep and heavy coughs. Namjoon rushed over and knelt down, “Hyung,” he said softly, rubbing his back, all of them now gathering in the hallway, not know what they could do to help their eldest hyung as he hung limply in Jimin’s arms, coughing and gasping for each little breath he could take.

To those gathered it felt like an eternity had passed when Seokjin finally stopped coughing, breathing harsh and heavy in the hallway. “Come on,” Jimin said as he looked to the others, “We should get him in bed, let him rest properly,” he finished as at once they all moved.

Namjoon helped Jimin with getting Seokjin off the carpeted floor and towards the bedroom. Hoseok went over to the bed in the room and made sure the blanket was turned down while Yoongi added a few extra pillows. He remembered that Seokjin said it was easier for him to breath if he was more sitting up that lying down. Jungkook and Taehyung walked behind them all, feeling helpless and unsure of what they should be doing to help their hyung.

Settling Seokjin down no his bed, Namjoon frowned at him. It was easy to forget that Seokjin was ill. He seemed like he was doing okay between the bouts of severe coughing and the moments when he looked drained of all energy. Seokjin opened his eyes and looked around him, seeing Namjoon about to move away he made a small noise of protest as he reached out with a shaky hand to grab him.

“Okay, I’ll stay here,” Namjoon said, “You need to take it easy hyung,” he said softly as he sat on the bed.

Seokjin gave a small nod, “I’ll sleep for a bit if you don't mind.”

“Of course we don't, we should all remember that you’re ill as well,” Jimin said softly from the other side of the bed.

“We’ll take care of things,” Jungkook said confidently, standing up straight when Seokjin gave him a proud smile.

“Get some sleep,” Taehyung added as he looked at Hoseok and Yoongi, “We’ll make sure these two rest more,” he grinned at his hyung and then he, along with Jungkook guided the two out of the room. Jimin laughed a little as he grabbed the sick bowl and followed them to his and Hoseok rooms.

“They’re good boys,” Seokjin said softly.

“They are,” Namjoon agreed, “Now why don’t we both get some sleep,” he said scooting down the bed a little more and wrapping his arms around Seokjin to pull him closer. It felt a little odd to be lying elevated how he was. But he could tell that it was helping Seokjin breath easier as he moved closer to him. Eyes dropping more and more as sleep overtook him. Namjoon smile and soon joined him, hoping that the others were resting and that Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin didn’t overdo things with the two.