Chapter Twenty One

Silent Fever

Chapter Twenty-One

It was a day after Seokjin’s fever had broken that things took a little turn. They were settled in the living room, the pile of blankets and pillows still there, since none of them wanted to go back to their rooms. They enjoyed being close to each other as they slowly recovered. They jolted from where they were all curled up as they heard a crash coming from the kitchen. Seokjin and Yoongi were the first ones to jump up and run to the kitchen. The only one that didn’t move was Namjoon, who was still fast asleep, even through the commotion and the noise around him.

Hoseok was on the floor, hands clutching his head as he leaned against the counter cupboards, a mug on the floor beside him, broken into four pieces.

“Hobi-yah?” Seokjin said as he knelt down, Yoongi quickly grabbing something to get up the broken mug, thankful that it was empty when it hit the floor.

“Hy… hyung?” Hoseok blinked, having trouble seeing straight.

“Aish,” Seokjin muttered as he felt the heat coming from the young dancer. “Come, you need to sleep in a proper bed,” he said softly as between himself and Yoongi they got him up and helped him to his shared bedroom. It didn’t take them long to settle him into his bed. 

“Temperature?” Yoongi questioned, though he already believed he knew the answer.

Seokjin nodded, “Go and get the thermometer, I want to see how high this fever is.” 

“Okay,” Yoongi nodded and started to leave the room, having to manoeuvre around Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook.

Seokjin looked at them, ”Where is Namjoonie?” he asked.

“I think he’s still asleep,” Jungkook said as he glanced towards the living room.

“Okay, let him sleep then,” Seokjin said softly, turning his head and coughing into the crook of his arm.

Yoongi returned and handed over the thermometer. He had also noticed that Namjoon wasn’t there, “I’m going to see if Namjoon is okay,” he said, a little worried about their young leader.

“Okay,” Seokjin nodded, “Boys, go and settled back down.”

Yoongi left the room again and headed towards the living room. He went over to the pile of blankets and pillows and saw that Namjoon was curled up blanket covering him fully, except a small tuft of dark hair that was sticking out. Looking closer he could see a shiver run through Namjoon as he neared him. “Damn,” he said as he reached down and felt the heat radiating from him, even through the blanket, “Same bloody time,” he cursed softly with a little snort.

“Everything okay hyung?” Jungkook asked as the other two stood on either side of him.

“Namjoon’s not well either, I think he might have a fever as well,” he sighed.

“Wow,” Taehyung said, “The same time?”

Yoongi nodded, “Yeah I know, though I wonder when this started.”

“He’s been asleep for most of the day,” Jimin said, “Should we get him to bed as well?” he asked, concerned.

Taehyung nodded, “I can do it, I can help,” he said as he went over.

“Okay, let's get him to his bed and settle him down,” Yoongi said, “Jimin can you go and tell Jin-hyung that Namjoon isn’t well either.”

Jimin nodded and headed back towards his and Hoseok’s room, walking in he went over to the bed, “Jin-hyung,” he said softly, not wishing to wake Hoseok, as he was now asleep in his bed, curled up.

“Not a high fever,” he said with a smile, “A really bad headache and feeling really dizzy and lightheaded. So we should let him rest for a while.”

Jimin nodded, “Erm, Namjoon-Hyung,” he said as he heard the movement outside of the room.

“What about him? Is he all right?” Seokjin asked, sounding worried.

“Looks like he might have a fever too,” he said softly.

Seokjin nodded as Jungkook walked into the room and over to the bed, “Kookie?” he asked.

“I’m wanna stay with Hobi-hyung,” he said softly, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“All right,” he said, “I’m going to check on Namjoon,” he stood up, “He doesn’t have much of a fever, it's a little high, but not too bad. I’ve already given him something for it. He has a headache as well, and is feeling lightheaded and dizzy, so let him rest as much as possible,” he told Jungkook as he watched the younger climb into the bed and move closer to the dancer.

“I’ll stay in here as well,” Jimin said going over to his own bed and sitting on it.

“Okay,” Seokjin smiled, though it wasn’t as bright as it normally was. He went down the corridor and headed into Namjoon’s room. The rapper was on his bed, already curled up, under the covers. “How is he?” he asked, going over to the bed and sitting on the edge, Yoongi on the other side.

“High temperature,” he said softly in answer, “I think it might just be a fever, but it looks like he might have been like it for a while,” he winced, wondering why they hadn’t checked on him at all.

“I thought he just wanted to sleep longer,” Taehyung murmured softly, looking down.

“It’s okay TaeTae,” Seokjin said, reassuring the young singer, running a hand over the youngers head in reassurance, “Everything’s fine. Joonie will be okay soon enough,” he smiled gently, taking his hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

“But I was next to him,” he protested, eyes wide and filled with guilt for not noticing.

“Taehyung,” Seokjin said softly, giving a small cough, “It doesn’t matter if you were or not, he seemed to just be sleeping, I should have checked on him,” he said, standing up and holding him for a moment, “Why don’t you go and see Jimin and Jungkook,” he said, turning him around, knowing that Jimin would be able to cheer the young singer up more, and to reassure him that everything was okay.

“Okay,” he said slowly, leaving the room.

“How is Hoseok?” Yoongi asked as Seokjin sat back down.

“Dizzy, lightheaded, fever and a headache. He fell because the room started spinning on him and he couldn’t stand up straight because of it,” he explained as he went over to the bed and sat on the edge of it.

“I’ll go there,” Yoongi said, worried for their sunshine dancer.

“Go on, I’ll look after Joon-ah,” he said with a soft smile.

Yoongi nodded and got up, heading to Hoseok’s room. He stopped when he saw Taehyung and Jimin coming out, “Where are you two going?” he asked, “You should stay and rest up.”

“Well,” Taehyung said with a small pause, “I feel a lot better. My stomach doesn’t hurt anymore and I haven’t thrown up since yesterday. So I thought I would get a few things done. We’ve really been leaving a lot of things to pile up.”

“It’s true we have, the laundry needs doing, we need to clean out the fridge of all the food that we’ve left in there too long while we’ve all been ill,” Jimin pointed out.

“You, Jin-hyung and Kookie should be fine to take care of Namjoon-hyung and Hobi-hyung while we do all that,” Taehyung continued.

Yoongi looked at them, a proud smile on his face, “You’re right we have been letting things go, and it will let us rest a bit more without having to rush around doing that and looking after each other.”

“I know,” Taehyung grinned.

Yoongi walked into the room and the two headed towards the kitchen first. “We should start here,” Jimin said.

“Yeah,” Taehyung nodded to himself.

The two set to work, cleaning the kitchen, as well as Seokjin, would normally do, with them helping. Slowly they worked through the dorm, cleaning and tidying. Starting a few loads of laundry and drying them.

XxXxX

Seokjin wet the cloth and wrung it out, wiping the sweat that was beading on Namjoon’s forehead, he gently cleaned him up. The door to the room opened and Jimin walked in. “Hyung,” he greeted with a soft smile on his face.

“Jimin-ah,” he said as he noticed the two bowls on the tray, “What’s this?” he asked softly.

“I tried to follow the recipe that my eomma sent me for Seaweed Soup,” he answered setting it down, “I also made tea for you both,” he said, nodding to the mugs.

“Thank you Jiminie,” he smiled proudly at the young dancer.

“Where’s Taehyung?” he asked, wondering where the energetic young man was.

“We’ve run out of a few things, so he went to the shop to get them and anything else that he can think that we might need,” he answered, glancing over at Namjoon, trying to see how the elder was.

“Oh,” Seokjin murmured, sounding worried, “I don’t know if he should have gone out alone,” he said softly.

“He won't be gone for long, he already texted me that he was on the way back,” he said reassuring his hyung that Taehyung was fine going shopping alone.

“All right, tell me as soon as he gets back,” Seokjin said as he began to wake Namjoon up to get him to eat something.

Jimin nodded, “I will,” he left the room and headed back to the kitchen, grabbing the second slightly larger tray that he had done up. Three bowls and three mugs set on it. He walked into his room and looked to Hoseok’s bed. Hoseok was lying, his head on Yoongi’s lap as the elder ran a hand through the dark hair. Jungkook was lying down, in front of Hoseok, an arm over Hoseok’s waist, clasping Yoongi’s hand with his. His head balance just before Yoongi’s knees.

“Hey,” Yoongi said as he looked up, “Everything okay?” he asked.

Jimin nodded, “Everything’s fine,” he smiled, “I made some seaweed soup for everyone,” he said softly, putting the tray down.

“Thank you,” Yoongi smiled, “Hobi,” he called to the younger, “Come on I need you awake, you should eat something.”

“Dizzy,” came the reply, eyes clamped shut tightly.

“I know, how about we feed you,” Jungkook said softly from behind him.

“Hmm,” Hoseok said, not really commenting, he just wanted to keep his eyes closed and to stop the room from spinning any more than it already was on him. His body felt as though he was on something that was moving and it was making him feel a little nauseous.

Yoongi slowly helped him to sit up a little. Letting him rest his head on his chest. Jungkook got off the bed, to the whine of Hoseok who missed the comforting warmth that Jungkook was sharing with him. Jimin smiled at the three of them and left the room. He walked back into the kitchen as the front door of the dorm opened.

“Hey TaeTae,” Jimin smiled, waiting for the other to come into the kitchen.

Taehyung took off his shoes, putting on his slippers as he made his way to the kitchen, “I was able to get everything,” he said as he put the three bags on the side.

“Oh, that's good, I’ve given the others some food and tea,” Jimin said as he helped Taehyung to put everything away.

“Good,” he grinned.

It didn’t take them long to have the kitchen cleaned and set to rights. Jimin poured out two more bowls of soup for the two of them as Taehyung made them some tea. Sitting down they talked quietly. Two hours later Seokjin came out for something to drink, smiling softly as he told him that Namjoon’s temperature was finally going down. Happy with the knew they went to the bedroom to check on their leader, seeing him sleeping peacefully once more. Seokjin joining him on the bed. Yoongi and Jungkook were still curled around Hoseok when they went to bed later that night. The four of them were hoping that Hoseok would sleep off the dizziness. Going to bed, they soon feel asleep, wrapped around each other. Both Taehyung and Jimin feeling a lot better than they had done in the last few days.