Chapter 6

The deal leads to love

 It had been 2 months already since Namjoon learned about the news. It was started with just Seokjin being grumpy. But after two days into two months, he had suffered from having to wake up from two or three times at night to get what Seokjin was craving.

  He remembered that one time when he was just went to buy some bibimbap for Seokjin, and came back with Seokjin crying with an angry Hoseok next to him.

  “Joon, he almost ate durian with coke. If it not Taehyung wants some water and asked for me to get some, he would be choked right now.” Hoseok looked stressful. He knew how much his cousin adored Seokjin as much as him was. And it worried everyone that Seokjin would get hurt in any case.

  “I’m sorry, Hobi.” Seokjin hiccuped. Namjoon could only stand at the corner and watched the whole exchange. 

  “It’s okay,Jin.” Hoseok stood up and went to hug Seokjin. “Careful next time, Okay? You should ask if it okay to eat something with something first, next time. It can poison you.” He sighed.

  “Okay,” Seokjin smiled. Hoseok pat his head before grabbed the water bottle for Taehyung. “Namjoon ah, give Seokjin his food. Your baby must be hungry and tires now.”

  Hoseok jerked his chin at Seokjin who was eyeing the plastic on Namjoon hold. Namjoon chuckling nodded. He walked to where Seokjin sat.

  “Are you hungry, sweetheart?” Seokjin nodded. Namjoon looked at Seokjin meaningfully. Seokjin bowed down his head in the manner of acknowledging his action and Namjoon smiled at it.

  “I’m sorry, Joonie. I will be careful from now. Now, can I have my food? Our oo is hungry now.” Namjoon quickly unknotted the plastic bag.

  He brought the plastic plate out and handed it on Seokjin.

  Seokjin dig in immediately. Namjoon smiled as he looked at Seokjin ate. 

  It was amusing how Seokjin could eat for three to four people, yet his body and weight were more than good than most of the models. Ever he pregnant, Seokjin started to glow and gained more healthy weight.

  Namjoon had to put his hand on Seokjin waist every time they went out. Because even Seokjin tummy had slight shown, people still gave eye to Seokjin.

  So nope, Namjoon didn’t like it even one bit.

  “Joonie, ahhh” Seokjin tried to feed him one of the food. Namjoon gladly opened his mouth because he used to experience a terrible crying Seokjin that one time he refused to eat the share food.

  “Eat more, baby. Is it enough? Should I go and get some more?” Seokjin shook his head no. He put the plastic plate and chopsticks back into the bag once he was done.

  “I’m full now. I want to sleep.” Seokjin made grabby hand toward Namjoon.

  Namjoon chuckled, and quickly scooped his baby up. They left the bags on the table, and went into their bedroom.

  Once Seokjin body touch the bed, his eyes completely shut and his nose snored softly. Namjoon leaned down to give a quick peck on Seokjin forehead, before he laid down and spooned Seokjin. 

  He loved this feeling. So much.

 

-

 

  It was the start of Seokjin 4 months. If Namjoon was being protective of Seokjin, you can’t blame him though. It was his first child, with Seokjin. He was so happy about it. And he also had planned the proposal, on asking Seokjin hand, today too. Yoongi and Hoseok had helped him decorated the place, that one empty room that they planned on making it as the baby room, since Namjoon freaked out at all things. 

  Namjoon smiled at the sleeping Seokjin. When the dinner finished, Namjoon will start the proposal immediately. He can’t wait to call Seokjin his, didn’t mind on how long they had met, even it wasn’t long since they got together.

  He can’t wait for it.

 

-

 

And Namjoon also definitely didn’t wait for this as well.

  “You don’t love me anymore,” Seokjin threw tantrum like a kid at Namjoon. He folded his arms tightly on his chest and glared his watery eyes toward Namjoon.

  After the dinner had finished, Seokjin asked his permission to let him go shopping with Jimin and Taehyung. But, being a protective boyfriend and father he was, he couldn’t say yes. Not with this one. 

  A lot of scenarios had ran inside his head. Something bad could have happened. Not to mention his enemies from his line of work.

  And Seokjin being Seokjin himself, started to yell and sob at Namjoon, saying that Namjoon hated him. Didn’t want him anymore because he looked like a pig- his bump wasn’t that big yet.

  “Baby, because of I love you. That’s why I said no. I don’t want anything to happen on you and our baby.” Namjoon tried to reason. But Seokjin couldn’t careless. If he wanted, he will get.

  “You say no because I’m not beautiful anymore, you only care for the baby.” Seokjin cried a bit louder this time, making Namjoon face-palmed since it started to get ridiculous.

  “Baby, yo-“ 

  “That’s it. You don’t want me now. I will go away from you. You can find someone...” Namjoon sighed. If it was only the started, he didn’t know if he could handle the rest.

  Namjoon sighed. There was the only way to stop this, and it was to let Seokjin wish came true.

  “Fine, fine, you can go.” Immediately, Seokjin face lit up like a candle, and crashed Namjoon in a hug. “Baby, careful.”

  Namjoon caressed Seokjin back lovingly. His baby was so adorable at this point.

  “You’re the best boyfriend ever,” the snort was flowing from Seokjin’s nose and it stained on Namjoon shirt. “I love you,” 

  “I know,” Namjoon rolled his eyes at Seokjin antic, and kissed his forehead. “Let me take you down stair, alright?” 

  Seokjin nodded quickly, and let Namjoon carried him, but not before Namjoon handed him his black card. “Buy whatever you want, baby.” 

  Seokjin beamed at him and promised he would come back home before midnight.

  Namjoon scoffed. Of course, as if he would he let his baby stayed out that late.

  “Take care of Seokjin, okay?” Namjoon told Jimin and Taehyung once he put Seokjin inside the car, earning a ‘sure’, before his bodyguard drove three of them out.

  Namjoon sighed and pouted to himself. His plan had been ruined.

  “Don’t sulk, Namjoon. You still can do it tomorrow.” Namjoon nodded at Yoongi, before telling him he will be inside his office.

  Yoongi promised to call him when Seokjin came back.

 

-

 

  But, not this kind of call.

  Seokjin was so happy. After being under Namjoon protective gaze for 2months, he can finally come out and had a nice relax time. 

  After the news had broken out, Namjoon banned him from going to work. Told Jimin and Taehyung to come back home early and took care of Seokjin. Of course, Namjoon took off work early as well. Lately, he had asked Yoongi and Hoseok to look after everything for him. 

  Thinking of that, making Seokjin smiled from ear to ear. He had never been so in love. Even though this was his first love.

  He used to take care of people around her, but having Namjoon taking care of him felt oddly good.

  “I want to use the toilet, Jiminie.” Jimin nodded.

  They had been shopping for a few hours now. Somehow, they mostly ended up in baby stores. Even though the gender weren’t known yet, but Seokjin had bought some plushies in advance. They also shopped for some clothes for themselves as well. Most shops gave them discounts since they had known who they were. It was fun. And Seokjin planned on asking Namjoon to accompany him to the malls more often.

  “Taehyungie, can you bring our bags to the car first?” Seokjin asked.

  “Hyungie, I will ask the bodyguards to do it. I will accompany you to the toilet too.” Seokjin nodded.

  Taehyung told the men to put all of their things in the car, and waited for them a little bit, since Seokjin wanted to use the toilet. 

  They all obeyed, leaving 2 of the men to wait for Seokjin and his brothers at the entrance.

  “Done, it almost 10pm.” Taehyung sighed. He promised Hoseok that they would come back home before 10, and now they were still at the toilet of the mall.

  When they arrived at the toilet, Jimin and Taehyung waited for Seokjin at the sink area. Two breathe had passed, and there were two men walked inside the toilet. Taehyung didn’t think something was wrong. He stood there with Jimin, until the bat made contact with their head that they knew something was definitely wrong.

  Seokjin went out after spending almost two minutes inside, his pants tried to make wearing it hard for him. Silent, outside of the stall was nothing when he unlocked the door. He didn’t see Taehyung or Jimin. He thought maybe they also used the toilet so he waited at the sink.

  He waited and waited for two more minutes, but there were no sights of his brothers, he went to knock on all of the stall. 

  “Jimin, Taehyung, are you two in there?” Silent, no answer.

  He turned around, only to meet with a man, bulky tall man, grinned at him, before put a handkerchief on his mouth.

  Seokjin tried to screamed for help but there was no use.

  Like last time, Seokjin tried to struggle out of the man grip by thrashing around, he did. But, the smell from the handkerchief was too strong that Soekjin had to close his eyes involuntarily.

 

  “What do you mean, Yoongi?” Namjoon yelled at his phone.

  “Stop yelling, I’m trying to open the CCTV here.” Yoongi yelled back. Both of them knew it was not a right to yell, but they can’t. Three of their precious people had been lost or kidnapped. They couldn’t calm down, not at all.

  “Calm down, Namjoon. I already arrived at the mall. I will check the camera.” Yoongi spoke calmly to Namjoon after he inhaled a large sum of air before he ended the call.

  Namjoon threw his phone on the floor, making a smash sound bouncing in the room, before he collapsed on his office chair. What should he do? Did his precious baby get hurt? And Who were they? What did they need from him? 

  If anything happened to Seokjin, he won’t forgive anyone, himself included.

  Namjoon tried to contact Hoseok, but there was no answer. Hoseok must be at the gang place to collect their men for a searching party.

  His eyes felt sting. The tears wanted to escape Namjoon eyes as many possible scenarios of Seokjin getting hurt came crash down inside his brain.

  Then, the sound of the notification caught Namjoon interest from his distress. Someone sent him an email, to his personal account.

  Curious took over him. He clicked to open the mail when it wrote ‘important’.

  A horror thunderstorm went through Namjoon body, making it shivering and shaking. If it wasn't him already sitting, he was sure he will fall to the floor right now.

  There was a pictures of a blindfold Seokjin, being tie on the chair in the middle of unconscious Jimin and Taehyung who were located at both side to his love.

  Namjoon shakily inhaled the air and stared down at the text beneath. 

  The email wrote,

  “ Come alone, or they will die.” Namjoon read it out loud, and looked at the address. There was a note below the letter saying if he dared calling the police, three of them will be dead immediately.

  Namjoon quickly stood up, and went to his gun rack. After chose his gun, he quickly drove to address.

  Namjoon was not naive. He knew what might happen. So instead of the police, he messaged Yoongi.

  It only took Namjoon 15 minutes to arrive there, but it felt like forever to him. 

  He locked his car and went inside the abandoned building.

  He carefully took each step inside the building. It was an abandoned building not so far from his own gang warehouse. If he wasn’t wrong, this was usually where Yoongi came and collected their orders. The Red Gang place.

  Namjoon went pale. Of ing course. He should have known it better. It had to be them. Who ever the dare to touch what was his? He hissed before he took steps up the stair.

  Suddenly, He could hear someone painfully  crying at the floor above, so he ran upstairs in hurry. Hoping nothing will happen to his love, and brothers in law.

  Once he was upstairs, he was surrounded by others men. He looked left and right to find the leader. There he was at the corner to the left.

  “Let’s see who is here,” A voice, from the corner, spoke. “Long time no see, dear RM.”

  There, was David, the drug lord who he canceled the contract with. The leader of Red Gang.

  “What do you want, David?” Namjoon asked as he stepped forward.

  “Well, RM-ssi. You know how to act innocent. Don’t you remember what you did to me?” He smiled devilishly.

  “You told most of the clubs to stop taking the drugs from me and you’ve sold them in a cheap price.” David pointed an accused finger at him.

  That was right. Namjoon remembered it all so well. After Chanyeol, one of David gang, tried to woo Seokjin, and David tried to change the price, he played them back dirty. It was not like it was the first time it happened. They changed the price to the point that Namjoon gang couldn’t handle anymore. Sometimes, they wouldn’t even provide for them even they paid regularly. To the point where Yoongi almost got shoot when he had tried to reason.

  Now it was their turn. If they wanted him dead, he will show them who the real winner was.

  “Also, my sister wants your baby dead,” Davis smirked. 

  Namjoon attention snapped to the shadow of who Namjoon sure was a girl, came out of the corner.

  “Surprise, Love?” The girl spoke which made Namjoon pulled out the ‘I’m so disgusted of you’ face.

  She was that girl. The girl who cheated on him. The girl who broke his hear that Seokjin just healed it. Summi.

  “What the hell do you want, Summi?” Namjoon yelled at her. She looked all the same, only this time her eyes burned with hate and jealousy.

  She looked at him unbothered, just shrugged her shoulders, and quirked her left eyebrow at him. 

  “Ain’t it clear, Oppa? I want you back, and to get you, I have to get right of your first. So,” She smirked and shrugged her shoulders like it was not a big deal.

  Namjoon wanted nothing more than to slap her even it didn’t sound gentleman at all. He glared back at her.

  Whoever touch Seokjin, man or woman, Namjoon will kill them. And if it caused Seokjin miscarriage, he will make sure they will live in hell.

  “What if I say I don’t want you?”

  Out of the corner of Namjoon eye, he could see another shadow, but that the shadow he had known for life. 

  Namjoon smirked. He knew how to deal with his enemies now.

  “Let’s him and his brothers go, and we can talk,” Namjoon offered.

  If playing hot couldn’t deal with them, so maybe playing cold could help.

  “Ah-ah, Sorry RM. But didn’t you know that your Suga man almost beat Chanyeol to dead?” Namjoon knew. It was because Chanyeol tried to mess in his areas, that was why. 

  Don’t blame him or his gang, blame Chanyeol for being stupid enough to try to mess his area.

  They all knew the rule of not messing anywhere near others gang territory. But this Red Gang sure couldn’t take it into their brain.

  “One thing for one thing, if you let them go, I will not sell any products toward those club anymore.” 

  Namjoon tried to delay the time. He could saw Yoongi and some of their men already had their gun prepared. They just need a go signal before the bullet flew out.

  “Oppa, what is fun in this! Maybe, we should let Chanyeol and others enjoy your men first before we let them go.” Summi said to David, who she clung off too. 

  Namjoon made a face. How dared she call Seokjin a while in fact it clearly shown it was her?

  “If they lose one of their hair strain, trust me, you won’t see how tomorrow sun shines.” Namjoon gritted his teeth. 

  Namjoon formed his finger crossed behind his back. Just one more movement from them, Namjoon will snap it.

  “Tsk,” It was Chanyeol, “I’m tired of all of this,Boss. Want him now,”

  Chanyeol walked quickly to stand behind Seokjin.

  Chanyeol was having his palm on Seokjin neck, as Seokjin tried to squirm away, and screamed for help, but it was no use. Seokjin mouth was tapped too.

  Each tears of Seokjin made Namjoon heart pained.

  “Don’t ing touch him Chanyeol,” Namjoon warmed. He snapped his fingers.

  “Try me,” And Chanyeol snatched Seokjin shirt with both of his hand, and action of wanting to take the clothes of, making its buttons came undid.

  “You er,” Namjoon pulled his gun out, and aimed at Chanyeol, who was smirking, thinking Namjoon can’t do anything.

  Yoongi was already came into view on Namjoon right side and aimed the gun at others men.

  David’s men triggered the gun ready to fire Hoseok.

  But before the bullets could come out, there was a loud scream echoed the building.

  Summi figure, who tried to snatch the gun from her waist and point at Seokjin, fell on the floor with bloods oozing from her thigh because Namjoon already had fired her. David eyes went wide. He ran to help Summi.

  The chaotic began.

  Chanyeol, stopped whatever he was doing to Seokjin, to Namjoon thankful, pulled out his short gun, and aimed it at Namjoon. 

  Namjoon was busying shooting at enemies, so he couldn’t see Chanyeol target was his.

  “Namjoon!Chanyeol,” Yoongi shouted. Some of their men ran to protect and helped Hoseok’s men.

  Hoseok, after ran upstairs and knocked David’s men downstairs, untied Seokjin and others, flinched and eye went wide. 

  Because just a blink of unguarded, bullet had gone through Namjoon shoulder, making Namjoon fell down on the floor with a loud yelp of pain.

  “Namjoon,” Seokjin shouted his name. He ran to Namjoon once he was free. 

  Not caring about the blood, Seokjin shifted Namjoon closer to him.

  “Joonie, baby,” Namjoon groaned in pain, and looked at Seokjin. 

  “I’m fine, don’t worry.” He tried to assure Seokjin even though breathing hurt him.

  At his peripheral vision, Namjoon could see Yoongi was successfully free the twin, and Jimin and Taehyung out of the building, his men took them out. They were safe now, only Seokjin was here.

  “Baby, ran first. I will be fine.” 

  It felt like a melodramatic where the lead female actress refused to leave the male lead. Seokjin shook his head frantically.

  “I’m sorry. I won’t leave you.” Seokjin cried.

  Namjoon almost closed his eyes in tiredness, but the image of Seokjin would have got hurt kept him alarmed.

  “Yoongi, Seokjin,” Namjoon used his last power yelling to Yoongi for his notification, but it turned out to be David who noticed them instead.

  A bullet flew from David’s gun, flew straight to aim on Seokjin. Seokjin was stunned when he saw it. He tried to move and covered Namjoon from the bullet, but Namjoon was reflex. 

  Namjoon pulled Seokjin to stay behind him. He faced the bullet, and it went through Namjoon, on his heart spot. 

  He coughed blood when it settled inside him. Seokjin hugged him from behind and whispered him to stay awake.

  The pain in Seokjin voice made Namjoon felt strength. But, the world was spinning too fast for Namjoon liking that he felt like he couldn’t breath, and stay awake. He heard Seokjin crying over his head, shaking his cold and stiff body, begging him to stay awake. But all Namjoon could do was sleepily stare and mouth ‘Don’t cry’ at Seokjin one last time, before he out.

 

-

 

  White.

  Namjoon first opened his eyes saw was white. Everything was white. He tried to tile his head to the left side, wanted to find where was he, when a delicate hand cup his head softly.

  “Don’t move, Joonie.” That shook Namjoon up a bit. 

  Namjoon didn’t reply immediately. He closed his eyes one more time, before,

  “Baby, are you okay?” Namjoon asked, voice dry when he stared at Seokjin. 

  “I’m fine,” Seokjin let his tears out. He hugged Namjoon on his dear life. He threw himself hugging Namjoon tightly, afraid if he let him go, Namjoon will be disappeared.

  “I’m sorry, Joonie. It’s all my fault that you got hurt.” Seokjin cried loudly inside Namjoon shoulder. “ I’m sorry for being a troublesome, I should have listened to you.”

  Namjoon shook his head slightly, chuckled. He was caressing Seokjin hair.

  “Baby, don’t worry. I’m fine now, see? Please, it will be unhealthy for you and our baby if you don’t stop blaming yourself. I would still gladly take hundreds bullets if it meant you are safe.”

  Seokjin pulled himself out of Namjoon shoulder to look at him. Namjoon nodded measuredly at him.

  “I love you, Joonie.” Seokjin said as he stared down at his clapped hands. “If anything had happened, I would never forgive myself. I, I..” 

  Seokjin cutely hiccuped. Namjoon smiled at his cute baby.

  “I’m fine, now. Don’t think about it anymore. Beside, I won’t leave you here alone. We need to raise our children together, remember?” Seokjin nodded. 

  Seokjin helped Namjoon sat him and brought a bottle of water to Namjoon to get him to drink. He fed half of porridge to Namjoon. He also kissed Namjoon as a dessert. It made Namjoon smile appeared wide.

  “So, what’s happened?” Namjoon asked once he was full and already laid back on the bed. 

  Seokjin put down the bowl as he sat beside Namjoon before he looked at him. 

  “I’m not so sure of any of it.” Seokjin shrugged.

  “I only heard that Yoongi cleared everything, My brothers are safe. I heard Hoseok fired Chanyeol head before one of your man came to get you. I don’t know, after that. I’m busy staying here, looked after my boyfriend all the time.” Seokjin said guiltily. 

  If you asked, he still felt guilty. If he wasn’t stubborn, there will be no one hurt or killed, he such a troublesome. Only if he listened to Namjoon.

  Seeing his baby bit his lip, Namjoon took hold of Seokjin hand.

  “Baby,” Namjoon shooed him. “I told you to stop blame yourself,”

  Seokjin frowned. Did he say that out loud?

  “No, bae, but your expression told me what was you thinking about it.” Seokjin pouted at him.

  “Come on, I need kisses, baby.” Namjoon puckered his lips. Seokjin smiled, and gladly leant down to give his man kiss right on the lips.

  “You know, Joonie, you should have told me faster.” Seokjin talked again, once they he had done given kiss.

  Namjoon stopped Seokjin lips and looked at him, puzzled. “Huh?”

  “The box, the ring box saved your life. Yoongi told me you planned on asking my hand that night. You should have told and stopped me, you know. I ruined your plan, also got you hurt.” Seokjin pouted sadly. “I’m so stupid,”

  “Oh,” The box, Namjoon forget he kept it in his chest pocket. “ No, baby. You’re nothing but wonderful. It’s my fault as well for not stopping you. If things bound to happen, it will. So let’s forget about it Yeah?” 

  “Okay,” Seokjin nodded. “You should rest more.”

  Both of them decide to stop talking right now. They should clean the air first, but this might not be the right timing.

  Namjoon pat space on the bed, and Seokjin got the sign. He climbed up the bed, a bit difficult lately, since his belly was growing big from day to day. 

  He lay down with Namjoon as Namjoon pulled Seokjin closed to him.

  “No matter what, I love you, baby.” Namjoon whispered, before the serum made his mind dizzy, wanted to sleep.

  “I love you too, Joonie.” 

  Namjoon fell asleep with his arm around Seokjin belly, caressing their baby.