Chapter 69: Aftermath

KO One Re-Live

Da Dong backed away slowly as all the clones rushed at him. He was in a state of panic because without hurting Yu Yan, he couldn't protect either of them. "Damn it," he cursed, running towards the door.

"Don't let him escape!" One of the clones exclaimed, shooting a beam of yi neng at him. Da Dong moved out of the way just in time and the beam just skimmed past his cheek, grazing his skin. Da Dong bit his lip before pulling out the last Snap Trap Card. He then held it behind his back, over Yu Yan's body. “Snap!” he called and Yu Yan's body was then into the card and he quickly shoved it into a separate pocket from the other two cards. "He's captured her!" Another clone exclaimed. Da Dong then made a dash for the door, crashing through it.

He ran down the narrow corridors using his super speed, turning through random turns to try and lose his pursuers. He knew there was no way of trying to sneak around quietly anymore because he knew the enemy knew they were lurking around anyway. Suddenly, Da Dong crashed into a girl that stood in front of him. He hit the floor face first and groaned whilst getting up. He looked at the girl he knocked over and recognised her to be Jiang Yu Ting. She had a sleepy face and was wearing spotty pyjamas decorated in cakes and sweets. He assumed that she was woken up from her sleep.

"Yu Ting?" He said.
She looked at him and her eyes widened, "Wang Da Dong?!" she whisper shouted before grabbing her hearing aid from her pocket and hooking it around her ear. "What are you doing here?!"
Da Dong eyed her, not knowing if he could trust her. After all, she was on the enemy side. "Can I trust you?" he asked her.
She looked at him suspiciously, "What do you mean?"
"That army of clones is after me," he explained, standing up.
"Why?" she asked him, "What did you do."
He looked at her sternly with a hard gaze, "I'm taking Yu Yan home," he explained, ready to fight Yu Ting if it came to it.

Before Yu Ting could react, all the clones caught up to them and were getting ready to attack Wang Da Dong. "Down the corridor, first left then turn right into a white room. There'll be a circular mirror - just go through it!" she hissed at him in a low voice before standing in front of him, blocking all the attacks with her weapon. The collision of all the attacks created a huge cloud of smoke which hid Da Dong and Yu Ting from the view of the clone army. This gave Da Dong time to run away. "Can I trust you?!" he exclaimed.
Yu Ting pushed him away, "Just go!" she yelled.

Da Dong hurried down the passages, following her directions. "Can I trust you?" he asked to no one in particular, referring to Yu Ting. "What about Xiao Yu, Narcissist and Lei Ke Si? They found Ella and Ah Guang Ge too, I can't leave them," he muttered as he jogged over to circular mirror. He placed his hand against the mirror and its surface rippled, allowing his hand to pass straight through.

"Narcissist, Xiao Yu! Are you guys alright?!" he asked through telepathy, staring at his reflection in the mirror. "I have Yu Yan, where are you guys?"

But before he could even wait for a reply, the mirror him in and threw him out on the other side. Da Dong tumbled to the ground, finding himself in the forest. The only difference was that it was daylight and the sun had just finished rising. He looked around, panting.

 


~*~*~


"You guys are here again?" Calvin asked Ya Se, "It's been nine days already!"
Ya Se sighed, frustrated. He'd had enough of this place and desperately wanted to go home. Days passed by so quickly in that place and Ya Se felt as though his hair was already starting to go grey. "Yeah... nine days..." he muttered.
"Thing is... we are lost." Lei Ke Si finally spoke up and confessed.

"Then why didn't you say so?" Calvin asked with a smile, "Where do you want to go?"
"Home!" Ya Se exclaimed, "Where's the stupid exit?!"
Calvin pointed to a door at the other end of the classroom, "If you go through that door, you'll have to go straight. Follow the classrooms until you reach the school gates," he explained.
"Are you sure we won't end up in some parallel world?" Ya Se asked, "I'm tired of seeing all you weird people!"
Calvin chuckled, "Parallel world? You must be tired Da Ye, go home and get some sleep."
"I plan to do just that," Ya Se huffed.
"Let's go then," Lei Ke Si urged, "We should give it a shot."

"You're leaving?" Jiro asked when he saw them leave, "Aw but it's fun having you guys around!"
"I hope to see you guys again in the future," Aaron smiled at them.
"Yeaahh no," Lei Ke Si replied in an annoyed tone as he too was annoyed as well.
"It was nice meeting you guys. Take care of yourselves okay?" Chun added but the group were running out of the door before Fahrenheit could even formally bid them farewell.

The group reached the Guava gates and panted. "Is this going to work?" Lei Ke Si asked, pushing open the school gates.
"There's no harm in trying," Hong Guang replied, walking through the gates. As he walked through them, the air rippled and his body disappeared. Ya Se's eyes widened, "Is this an invisible portal?" he asked before rushing through it. Lei Ke Si followed after. The group then arrived back in the forest in which they had entered.

Ya Se then heard Da Dong's telepathic message.

"Narcissist, Xiao Yu! Are you guys alright?! I have Yu Yan, where are you guys?"

As soon as he heard it, he was about to reply but then Da Dong fell out of the air not too far away from them.

"Egomaniac?!" he exclaimed, surprised.
Da Dong looked around and saw his friends standing there, "Narcissist how did you get out?" he asked, walking over to them.
Ya Se sighed, "It's a long story. Where's Yu Yan?"
Da Dong grinned as he showed them his Snap Trap Card, "In here!" He then looked at Hong Guang and Ella, "Ah Guang Ge, what happened to you?" he asked, worried.
"It's a long story," Hong Guang replied before bowing his head, "I owe you guys an apology. I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you guys where I was going and I left you at the concert."
"It's okay! We understand right Narcissist? No hard feelings," Da Dong smiled as Ya Se nodded, "And Lei Ke Si came back just in time so that was convenient."

"Hey, where's Xiao Yu?" Lei Ke Si spoke up, looking around.
Their eyes widened in growing fear.
"Is he still in there?" Ya Se asked, looking around frantically.

"Xiao Yu? Xiao Yu where are you?" Da Dong asked through telepathy, "Xiao Yu answer me!"
Silence.

Da Dong turned to his brothers, "I'll go back to look for him."
"Egomaniac wait, don't be so impulsive!" Ya Se snapped, "What if you get lost as well?"
"Ya Se is right, let's just looked around in the forest for him, he might have escaped as well," Lei Ke Si stated.
Da Dong remembered the security tapes he had seen, Xiao Yu came into contact with Yu Yan's father and was alone with him. Who knew if he was safe? "I'm not so sure..." Da Dong muttered, trailing off.

Suddenly a voice came through into his mind.

"I'm outside," came Xiao Yu's voice.

The boys sighed in relief after they heard his telepathic message. "Xiao Yu, send a signal into the sky and we'll come to you!" Da Dong said and then a gold beam of yi neng shot up into the sky in the distance. The boys quickly followed the energy beam and found Xiao Yu sitting against a tree with tear stained cheeks. He was quiet the whole journey back home and trailed behind them slowly. His friends decided not to ask any questions and decided to leave him alone after seeing how devastated he looked, Da Dong and Ya Se made a mental note to ask him what happened later though.



~*~*~
 


Xiao Yu walked into his bedroom where Yu Yan was resting. It had been a few hours since they returned home and in that time, Ella had woken up and Da Dong had handed Yu Tong and Yu Tang over to Meng Zhu who had yelled and scolded all of them for being so reckless.

“You’re lucky to even be alive right now!” he had barked angrily at them, and then told them that they had no right to do such a thing when they didn’t have his permission to do so. He also frowned upon Hong Guang for being an ex-meng zhu and doing such a stupid thing. However, during the whole scolding and lecture, Da Dong zoned out because he was so tired.

Now the group of them were resting in Xiao Yu's living room, sharing their stories. The boys first interrogated Lei Ke Si as they had many questions for him but Xiao Yu wasn't interested in hearing his answers. Jiang Yu Ya was back and he wanted to see her.

He sat at her bedside and watched her peaceful sleeping face. Da Yu then jumped into his lap and he smiled, "We're a complete family now," he murmured quietly, the cat. "I missed you," he whispered, looking at her face, "I have lots of questions but I'll push them to the back of my head if you don't leave me again."
"I don't belong to you," he heard her quiet voice.
Xiao Yu smiled, "You're awake?"
Yu Yan sat up in bed, "No, I'm still sleeping," she snapped sarcastically before her face softened into a smile, "I'm home Little Fish," she whispered.
"Welcome home," Xiao Yu beamed.

She was happy that she was back by his side again but she couldn't be fully happy because she knew her father would take her back forcefully. He had worked so hard on her and she knew that he wouldn't let a bunch of ignorant high school kids just take her away from him. She knew she could never be fully happy with Ding Xiao Yu.

 


~*~*~
 


"Lei Ke Si, how did you get your yi neng back?" Da Dong asked as they all sat around in Xiao Yu's living room.
"It's all thanks to my master," Lei Ke Si replied.
"Master?" Hong Guang repeated.
"My teacher, Master Fu. He taught me martial arts," he explained, "He's an expert at refining yi neng and was able to transfer yi neng to me to help me regain my battle points."
"Refine yi neng?" Ya Se repeated.
"I've heard of it," Ella popped up, "It's an extremely long process."
"What is it?" Da Dong inquired.
"It's when you clean out yi neng and remove any specific characteristics. You see, yi neng is specific to its user. You can't just transfer your battle points to a ma gua because their body will reject it. Refining yi neng makes it simple and easy to take in, it's the simplest form of yi neng," Hong Guang explained, "I assume this Master Fu was able to do it and transfer yi neng to Lei Ke Si which enabled him to rebuild up his battle points. Only a few people can do it so I'm surprised that it actually worked."
"My master also has some information about the Demon Tattooed Pan, we should go to him later and ask him for help," Lei Ke Si suggested.
"Do you think... he could help me regain my battle points too?" Hong Guang asked.
Lei Ke Si smiled, "Definitely."

Da Dong stretched his arms yawning, "Lei Ke Si, I'm so glad you're back!" he exclaimed, "It's great to have my brain back."
Lei Ke Si's smiled flattened and he avoided his gaze, "I'm sorry, I caused everyone alot of trouble before," he muttered.
"That's all in the past," Da Dong slapped his shoulder playfully.
Lei Ke Si sighed and looked at Ya Se, "Ya Se, I don't think I've actually given you a formal apology for framing you all those times."
Ya Se interrupted him, "If Egomaniac has already forgiven you then of course I have too. You don't have to worry about anything Lei Ke Si; we are brothers too aren't we?"
Lei Ke Si nodded, "Thank you."

"Hey Da Dong you-" Hong Guang paused when he saw Da Dong on the floor snoring loudly with his mouth wide open.
"Wow he must have been tired," Ya Se chuckled.
"I have the sudden urge to draw on him," Ella muttered.
"I have a pen!" Ya Se spoke, pulling out a black marker.
Evil smirks spread across their faces and then the drawing commenced!

 


~*~*~


It was later on in the day and Ella and Hong Guang had just returned from the hospital for an eye check up. They had their eyes treated with medicine and now they both wore an eye patch over the injured eye. As they walked back to Xiao Yu's flat, Da Dong stepped out from behind a wall and stopped them.

Upon seeing Da Dong, they burst out laughing. It seemed that Da Dong was not aware off the panda eyes drawn on him with 'Farty Time' scribbled on his forehead. He had whiskers drawn on his cheeks and his hair was tied up into pig tails.

"What's so funny?" he asked them, seriously.
Ella covered and suppressed her giggles, "Nothing Da Dong. Is there anything wrong?"
Hong Guang turned around and bent over laughing and after a few minutes, he turned back around and cleared his throat. Da Dong gave him a weird look. "What?" he snapped.
"Nothing," Hong Guang smiled, "Why did you come find us? Anything wrong?"
"We need to talk," Da Dong replied in a serious tone.

The three of them went to an outdoor cafe to talk. But every now and then people walking by would whisper and laugh at Da Dong as they went past. Da Dong, obviously oblivious to reason why they did that, just glared at them and brushed them off.
"What did you want to talk about?" Hong Guang asked.
"It's about Yu Yan," he said.
Ella's face fell, "What about her?"
"What do you guys know about her?" Da Dong asked.
"Alot," Ella muttered.
"Everything you know about her and this whole thing, please, can you keep quiet about it?" Da Dong pleaded. Instantly, Ella banged her fist on the table and stood up.


"You can't be serious Wang Da Dong!" she exclaimed, "That girl is a criminal!! Why did you save a criminal?! She deserves to be locked up!"
Hong Guang gently tapped her arm and she sat back down again. "Da Dong, I know we are good friends but why do you want to hide a criminal? If we report her then this whole thing could end," he said.
"It won't be easy, our enemy has a whole load of clones and he is really powerful. Defeating him isn't going to be easy," Da Dong answered, "Yu Yan must be an important piece in his plan so I think we should get her on our side first. We still don't know much about our enemies."
"That's a huge thing to risk," Ella snapped, "That man is a monster! The longer he is out there the more innocent people die!"
"But we've captured three of the main killers and he knows there are eyes watching him, he won't be able to be as bold as before!" Da Dong explained.
"I don't trust that Jiang Yu Yan," Ella huffed, "She could turn against you at any moment! I don't want anyone else to get hurt, just please consider my feelings! You don't know what it's like to have a needle scraping your eye!"
"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that but I trust her! She loves Xiao Yu and Xiao Yu loves her too! I don't think she will willingly turn on us because of her feelings," Da Dong explained.
"How strong is love?" Ella questioned, "For all we know, that love might just be an act! Da Dong you're too trusting of her just because she's your friend."
"I kind of agree," Hong Guang sighed, "I haven't known her long and I could feel the feelings between Xiao Yu and Yu Yan, but she doesn't have to turn on us willingly, she could be forced to. Just because we've brought her back doesn't mean she won't go back herself."
"Does that girl even have a mind of her own?" Ella asked, "I'm sorry but I just can't help but have my guard around her. I've been following her and her sisters for so long and I've seen what they've done. Wang Da Dong, if she wasn't turning on you then why did she kill that bird? Doesn't its murder show you where her loyalty lies?"
"Please," Da Dong pleaded, "Just stay silent about her, especially around Xiao Yu. Don't tell him anything please." He stood up and bowed his head, "As the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban I will take responsibility for whatever happens. Just give me time, please," he begged.

"What is going through your mind?" Ella asked in a less aggressive tone, "Just what are you planning?"
Hong Guang sighed, "Okay I agree, because I trust you Da Dong."
"What?" Ella asked, "You, a Meng Zhu, are agreeing to this? Ah Guang, have you gone crazy?"
"Ella, I believe in love too," Hong Guang muttered, "I think it's a worth a shot. All we can do now is wait."
Ella reluctantly sighed, "Then if you agree... I'll agree too..."
Da Dong sat back down and grinned, "Thank you so much!"
"But Da Dong," Ella spoke up with worry shining in her eyes, "You have to protect Xiao Yu at all costs. He's the one who's in the most danger."
Da Dong's face fell, "What do you mean?"
Ella sighed and leaned over the table. She leaned in to his ear and whispered. Da Dong's eyes became as large as saucers and his breath hitched in his throat as a chill ran down his spine.
"You can't let him be alone with that man, understand?" Ella instructed and Da Dong nodded before turning around to leave.

"Wait," Ella stopped him again.
He his heel to look at her.
"You should take a look in the mirror," she then smiled at him.
Da Dong shrugged her off but when he saw his reflection in a shop window, he screamed with a horror stricken face, "AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!"

 


~*~*~
 



"Why did you call me out, Golden Monkey?" Yu Yan asked, standing in front of Da Dong about 2 metres from him.

"Who really are you?"