Chapter 23: Revenge

KO One Re-Live

The next morning, Xiao Yu got up early. He crawled out of the tent and stretched as he yawned. It was about 4am and as much as he wanted to sleep, he couldn't. Maybe a walk would help him so that's what he did. He strolled out of the campsite and down one of the paths that led to a stream that wound around a large twisted tree. He leaned against the tree, sitting on the grass and breathing in the fresh air. He closed his eyes, imagining a wide river and a bright blue sky. His day dream was interrupted when he heard rustling and hushed chatter. He opened his eyes and listened quietly.

"Sha Jie, is this enough?" he heard Lin Da's voice.
"No we need more." Sha Jie said.
"But all these creepy crawlies are disgusting!" Tao Zi whined, "Surely a whole jar of them is enough?"
"Please can we go back to bed? We've been up for two hours already searching for all these bugs!" Lin Da pleaded, "This is so disgusting!"
"Hey! Do you not want to get back at that ugly Jiang?" Sha Jie barked, "Hurry up and fill that jar before she wakes up!"
Tao Zi and Lin Da groaned.
"We do... it's just... Isn’t letting thousands of insects loose in a blind person's tent a bit too cruel?" Tao Zi asked, nervously.

Xiao Yu's eyes widened.

"A bit too cruel?" Sha Jie yelled, angrily, "That witch deserves it! She's been insulting me and has been embarrassing me ever since she got here! And she has Da Dong, Ya Se Wang and Xiao Yu wrapped around her finger! We need to get rid of such an evil brat!"

Xiao Yu could hear Sha Jie stomp around angrily as she continued to yell at her friends. Quickly but silently, he stood up and using the tree to cover him, he spied on them. He quietly tip toed after them as they walked away.

"So what's the plan?" Lin Da asked as the three hiked up back to their tent.
"We leave the jar open next to her. You'll make sure to put it really close to her so that when she wakes up she accidentally knocks it over." The ultimate flower explained with an evil smirk.
"Why can't we let them loose now?" Lin Da asked.
"Because this has to happen when everyone wakes up so she can humiliate herself!" Sha Jie hissed as though it was obvious, "And we have to be in our tents pretending to be asleep so when it does happen we won't be suspected. Wait, by we - I mean you two."
"What? But Sha Jie, this is your plan!" Tao Zi replied.
"So what? I've done my part of thinking of this genius plan! Now you do your part of carrying it out!" The female leader yelled, angrily.
''But we collected all these spiders and insects - you didn't do anything at all!" Lin Da added, as she held up the jar.
Sha Jie put a hand on their backs from behind and pushed them, "Be quiet! No buts! Now hurry up!" she whisper shouted as they neared Yu Yan's tent.

Once Tao Zi and Lin Da left Yu Yan's tent and scurried back into their own tent, Xiao Yu rushed out of his hiding spot towards Yu Yan's tent. He was about to enter when he stopped abruptly - she was still a girl and he couldn't enter because he was a guy. His principles told him that he had to respect that but he couldn't allow Sha Jie to get away with humiliating Yu Yan like this.

He shut his eyes tightly and forced his way into the tent, opened his eyes quickly to locate the jar, grabbed it and sped out. Breathing heavily, he looked at the jar that had creepy looking insects spewing out of it. He sat around the now burnt out fire, waiting long enough until Sha Jie and her friends had fallen asleep. He then smiled and unscrewed the lid of the insect filled jar before opening the flap of their tent a little. He was a decent man; he wasn't going to go into their tent just for revenge. But he was going to throw the open jar into the tent and that's what he did. Have a taste of your own medicine he thought, although he knew it was wrong. It was wrong to do what he did but Sha Jie was crossing the line and he wouldn't tolerate it. As soon as he heard the jar land, he quickly returned to his own tent and went back to sleep.

Later that morning, Zhong Ji Yi Ban was awoken by mutliple loud screams. Da Dong and Ya Se immediately sprung up, whilst Xiao Yu took his time to sit up. "Xiao Yu, have some urgency will you?" Ya Se said as he quickly threw on a shirt and buttoned it up.
"This will be interesting," he replied before leaving the tent alone.

Once outside, Zhong Ji Yi Ban - including Yu Yan - surrounded Sha Jie and her followers, laughing. Yu Yan snickered from the back of the crowd as Sha Jie shot up in rage with insects and bugs crawling all over her. She pushed past all the other students in her way and grabbed Yu Yan by her shirt, "YOU!" she shrieked, "It was you, wasn't it?! You put the bugs in my tent!" she yelled angrily, as her body glowed with yi neng, "I've had it with you!" she roared as rage boiled within her.

"Okay okay, calm down!" Tian Xin came in between the two, "Fighting won't solve anything!" Tian Xin turned to the three friends who had plotted against Yu Yan, "Get yourselves cleaned up and we'll talk about this later!" she announced, leading Yu Yan away.
"Ban Dao, you're taking her side!" Tao Zi cried, "That's not fair!"
"I'm not taking anyone's side!" she retorted.
"It's all her fault!" Sha Jie screamed, "It was obviously you, who else could it be?! That jar was supposed to be in your tent so how did it get into ours?!"

Xiao Yu felt evil but he was amused.

"It was supposed to be in mine?" Yu Yan repeated before she burst out into laughter, "Well done for ratting yourself out. Congrats, now we know who the true culprit is - it doesn't matter who turned the tables on you now that we know you started it." She ended coldly and emotionlessly.
"Da Dong!" Sha Jie exclaimed, "Don't blame me for not going easy on her!" She displayed her battle index and summoned her weapon 'Can't-Shake-Me-Can't-Break-Me Tambourine'. [A/N: I don't know what her weapon is, I just made it up.]
"Sha Mei Mei!" Da Dong yelled, "Control yourself! I forbid you to fight!"


"A fight? Heh, sure." Yu Yan smiled, before glowing with her own yi neng.
"You two, please stop this! It's defeating the whole purpose of coming here!" Tian Xin cried, trying to break them apart. But it was of no use, the two girls glared at each other, ready to pounce on the other.

Xiao Yu assessed the situation, had he done the wrong thing? He didn't expect it to go out of hand this much. But even if he hadn't meddled, he knew it would have still happened. The only different thing would be the fact that it would be Yu Yan starting the fight. Or would it? How would have Yu Yan reacted? He didn't think she'd scream out of fear - that was too unlike her and would damage her pride if she did so. So what would she have done? Would she have had no reaction at all? Would she have collected all the bugs quietly and pour the jar over Sha Jie's head? He didn't know and began having mixed feelings about his actions.

"I'm betting my allowance for this week on Sha Jie!" Jin Bao San exclaimed, emptying out his pockets in the centre of the group, "Beat the socks out of that Jiang!"
"I bet my dinner on her too!"
"You guys are crazy! Jiang Yu Yan is much stronger!"

"Shut up!" Da Dong boomed, "This isn't a game! Sha mei, Yu Yan, both of you stop! Fighting will get you nowhere!"

The two girls ignored him and continued to stare each other down, even though Yu Yan obviously couldn't see anything. Sha Jie raised her red tambourine that glowed a dark pinky-purple. "Come," Yu Yan dared, lifting her eyebrows with a confident smirk.

"Yun Han, stop them!" Ya Se urged quickly.

Before Sha Jie could come into contact with Yu Yan and vise versa, Yun Han threw out her whip and it created a line of division between them. It separated them, blocking them from the other's attacks and as soon as the whip made contact with the ground, a wall of dark blue yi neng formed. The wall caused the two girl's attacks to be deflected, causing them to fall backwards.

"King Kong Jie Jie, stay out of this!" Sha Jie growled before a sharp pain shot up her body. Both Sha Jie and Yu Yan doubled over in pain from the effects of Yun Han's truth telling whip.

"What the hell is this?" Yu Yan snapped as she suppressed her cries of pains.
"To relieve the pain of my Pain Killing Truth Whip, you must tell a truth." Yun Han explained, coming forward with her whip in hand.
"What the hell?" Yu Yan replied, "Sounds easy enough."
"You have to reveal a secret or lie," Yun Han continued.
"I'm not listening to you!" Sha Jie cried, trying to get to her feet.

"What secret are you going to reveal Jiang Yu Yan?" Ya Se asked which caused multiple things to fly through her mind.
Yu Yan paused in hesitation, trying to think of a secret that she wouldn't mind sharing. The only secret she had was her true identity and her mission but it was too dangerous to reveal something like that. She wasn't going to let this defeat her despite the increasing pain in her body.

"The clock's ticking, Classmate Jiang." Fu Tou taunted, mischievously.
Yu Yan could feel her heart beat faster as she struggled to think of a secret, what was there for her to reveal?
"How about we ask you a question and you answer?" Da Dong suggested but got no reply from Yu Yan who only looked up at him with a train of thoughts running around in her mind.

Da Dong took a deep breath, knowing that he was about to ask a risky question. But he knew that if Yu Yan answered honestly and denied his question then it would clear her of having an enemy status in Zhong Ji Yi Ban. He had to take the risk of either losing a potential friend now or losing a friend in the future if it ever came to that point. "...Were you involved in the recent attacks on our classmates and Su Jia Li...?" he asked carefully.
Yu Yan's breath hitched into as she quickly processed many different potential answers before phrasing her answer critically. "No..." she began slowly, "No, I played no part." she emphasised confidentally before pain in her body vanished suddenly.

Da Dong breathed a sigh of relief when Yu Yan was able to stand up and move freely. All eyes were then on Sha Jie who kissed her teeth.

"It... was my idea to put bugs in Ugly Jiang's tent..." she spat regretfully with a deep exhale.

Suddenly, something or rather someone rustled in the bushes and trees behind them all.

"Who there?!" Da Dong quickly barked, turning around and peering into the wilderness. He saw a shadow fleeing behind the trees and immediately he gave chase. Yun Han and Yu Yan instantly followed after, using their super speed to chase after the mysterious person. Da Dong slowed down before coming to a stop. He panted as he looked over in the direction in which the two girls had run off in.

Yu Yan slowed down as well, letting Yun Han continue the chase. It was too dangerous for her to continue moving in the forest and she had no reason as to why she gave chase as well. She wasn't aware of anyone being sent by her father and couldn't think of any reason why he would send anyone in the first place. Maybe it was another enemy of Zhong Ji Yi Ban? Someone she would have to deal with along with her class? Well whoever it was had successfully managed to escape, it was too late to try and catch them. They would have to wait until next time if there was a next time that was.