Chapter 65: Rescue Mission

KO One Re-Live

Later that night, the four boys trekked through the forest in the park. They were ready to go through with 'Operation: Save Yu Yan!'. After being struck by Yun Han's truth telling whip, Yu Jing had no choice but to spill the beans on Yu Yan's whereabouts but that was all she said. Yu Yan was locked away in an inter-dimensional airship that could only be accessed through a portal in the park. Yun Han had struck her several times to get details from her but after that, Selina and some dimensional guards arrived to arrest her.

The boys had been ordered not to do anything reckless like going to save Yu Yan on their own but of course they didn't listen. They didn't care. So they decided to sneak out during the night with only one goal in mind - save Yu Yan. They knew it was dangerous and how they wouldn't stand a chance against their enemy, but that was why they only wanted to enter and leave without leaving a single trace. It was going to be challenging, but they were determined. But Yu Yan wasn't the only person they wanted to save; Lei Ke Si had heard that Ella and Hong Guang had been kidnapped by the same people so hopefully they would find the two of them as well. Wang Da Dong was determined to find all three of them and bring them home. He wanted to bring Jiang Yu Yan back home to Xiao Yu; he wanted to bring Ella back home to Selina and he wanted to bring Tian Hong Guang back home to his beloved form tutor, Tian Xin.

"I think this is it," Ya Se said as he looked at a small dial that was stuck on a tree trunk.
"Be careful," Lei Ke Si told him as he turned the dial. As he turned the dial, draughts of smoke shot out of the bark and two doors formed out of the tree and opened. Unlike the galaxy-like sky Hong Guang had seen on the other side, this time there was a dimly lit passage lit by small flames along the wall.
"Let's go," Da Dong urged as he put out his dragon tattooed pan in front of him for protection.

The other three followed behind Da Dong as they quietly walked down the passage. At the end of the passage was a large mirror and a dead end. They looked at each other slowly. "What now?" Xiao Yu asked as he watched Da Dong place his hand against the smooth mirror. The mirror then became liquid-like and his hand passed straight through. "It must be some sort of portal," he muttered, stepping through it. Ya Se followed after his but before he could touch the mirror, the portal turned solid, changing back into a mirror. "Egomaniac!" Ya Se exclaimed, banging on the mirror.
With a panic struck face, Xiao Yu looked at his brothers, "Why did the mirror only let Da Dong in?" he asked.
"Stupid mirror!" Ya Se shouted, banging his fists harder against it, "Let us in!"
"Ya Se, calm down!" Lei Ke Si told him but suddenly the mirror shattered beneath Ya Se's balled up fists and the shards just fell to the floor.
"Well done," Lei Ke Si commented sarcastically with a sigh.

The boys then turned around to look for another way or passage. "Hey, where did Xiao Yu go?" Ya Se asked, looking around.
"This passage is only one way and it's so narrow, where could he have gone?"
Lei Ke Si looked down at the floor to see a loose floorboard that was creaking. He bent down and crouched low to have a closer look. He slipped his fingers in between a small gap, "Do you think he fell through the floor?" he wondered, pulling the board upwards.
"Don't be stupid, we would have heard him scream or something," Ya Se responded, watching Lei Ke Si rip out a few more floorboards to reveal a small trap door. He rose an eye brow in interest.

Lei Ke Si grabbed one of the flame lit torches that were on the walls and held it above the black hole, revealing a metal ladder.
"How did you find that?" Ya Se asked curiously, bending over to have a look.
"I'm not Da Dong's brain for nothing, you know," he replied before slowly positing himself inside the hole, "Come on, this is our only way to find Da Dong and Xiao Yu."
Ya Se sighed as he followed him down the tight hole and down the ladder.

 


~*~*~
 


Da Dong stumbled into a bright room. It was furnished with 70s furniture - it looked like a recently inhabited living room. Although there was no one in sight, he ducked behind a wall and peered around carefully. He observed the room. Long blue sofas with white cushions, a small white coffee table in the centre with a jar of lollipops and a packet of unfinished crisps, a large white plant pot in the corner with a plant sprouting out of it with a large old fashioned armchair beside it. Two large windows in the room but the only view was a galaxy sky. At the other end of the room was an open door that led to a white-tiled kitchen. Then something caught his eye. On the floor, leaning against the wall was a long but familiar long sword. His eyes widened and then trailed down to the scar than ran through his palm: it was the sword Yu Tong had used against Yu Yan on New Year's Day.

Before he could do anything, someone entered the room. He held his breath and watched Yu Tong walk in. His eyes widened at how closely she resembled Jiang Yu Yan. "Stupid Jiang Yu Yan," he heard her grumble quietly, "Even when she's become an empty shell I still have to do for her," she huffed as she picked up her sword. Without warning, Da Dong felt her presence in front of him and her sword was pointed at his neck. "How did you get in here Wang Da Dong?!" she hissed at him.
Da Dong stared at the girl before him, who was she to Jiang Yu Yan? Why did she and Yu Jing look so similar to her? Da Dong then grabbed the end of the sword and threw it to the floor. "Where is Jiang Yu Yan?!" he barked at her, pointing his now glowing pan at her.
Yu Tong scoffed as she bent over to pick up her sword, "So that's why you're here?" he asked him with a smile, "I guess it's time for us to fight then."

She then threw her fist at him but Da Dong was too quick for her and was able to grab her arm and pulled it behind her. She hissed out in pain as Da Dong pulled her arm behind her back aggressively, "Where is she? If you tell me where she is, I'll let you go," he told her, holding his pan to her neck.
A laugh escaped her lips, "Wang Da Dong," she began, "What if I don't want you to let me go?"
Da Dong turned his head to look at her, confused.
"I like you," she continued, "So don't let me go okay?" she leaned her head back onto his chest. Surprised, Da Dong's eyes widened and he back away, letting her go.
"That's a bit mean," she laughed at him with a shy smile, "I can't let you ruin father's plans so I won't let you leave this room," she smirked.

Da Dong got into his battle stance and pointed his pan at her. "Don't make me fight you Wang Da Dong, just surrender willingly and I'll have mercy on you," Yu Tong spoke and she held out her scaly sword.
"What is your father's plans?" Da Dong asked, "And how are you all related to Yu Yan?!" he asked her.
Yu Tong laughed, "You should care more about yourself rather than that girl. Death is just around the corner for you," she replied before taking a swing at him.
Da Dong blocked her sword using his pan and spun around to block her several attacks.
"You're the ones doing the yi neng muggings right?" he asked as breathlessly, jumping over and under her sword attacks to dodge them.
"So what if we are?" she asked him, tearing a line down his vest with her sword. She then planted a firm punch on his face.
"Why? Why are you doing all this? What are you after?!" Da Dong exclaimed, dodging more of her attacks.
"Why would I tell you?" she spat at him in response. She then swung her fist at him but he managed to dodge it and instead grabbed her arm, pulling her towards him. However, he used too much force and pulled on her too hard. As a result, the two fell backwards with Yu Tong falling on top of Wang Da Dong.

Yu Tong's eyes widened as she hovered above him. Their faces were just inches apart and her breath hitched in . She looked at his face and he stared back at her. Her eyes trailed over his eyes and saw water pooling within his eye lids. "W-Why are you crying?" she stuttered in a quiet voice, "A-are you... hurt too badly...?"

 


~*~*~
 

 


"Ah Guang Ge?" Ya Se exclaimed in a hushed voice. He looked at Hong Guang's form sitting against a wall. He was conscious but his eyes were closed. Beside him was Ella's fallen body, sprawled on the floor. Both had dried blood running out of one eye.

"Y-Ya Se...?" he asked, weakly. His untouched eye began twitching and slowly opened, causing the injured eye to open as well. A gasp left Ya Se and Lei Ke Si's mouths after seeing his blood shot eye.
"What happened?!" Ya Se asked, running over to him.
Hong Guang grunted in pain as he put his arm around Ya Se's shoulder to support himself as he stood up. "I'm sorry..." he muttered, "I wanted to help Ella... but I failed... please help her..." he said in a low and faint voice.
Lei Ke Si then carefully picked Ella up and held her in his arms, "We should get you two out of here quickly."
"But how do we get out of here?" Ya Se asked.
"There's a map somewhere in here," Hong Guang muttered, grunting as he tried to handle his body that was crying out in pain.
"Let's look for it," Lei Ke Si suggested, as he gently put Ella down on the floor.

 


~*~*~
 


Da Dong released a sad sigh, "I give up..." he whispered to Yu Tong who hovered above him. A tear slipped down his face.
Yu Tong felt her heart pound wildly in her chest as she stared down at his softened face. She felt tongue tied and didn't know what to do next. "What?" she muttered, "Why are you giving up so easily...?" she asked him.
"I'm in love with Yu Yan..." he whispered, placing a hand on her cheek, "And you look so much like her..."
Her eyes widened as she felt her cheeks begin to warm up and turn pink. "But I'm not her..." she stuttered.
"What's your name...?" Da Dong asked in a quiet voice.
"Yu Tong," Yu Tong answered in a faint whisper, "Jiang Yu Tong," she said in a firmer voice.

Da Dong then gave her a small smirk before he flipped them two over so that he was hovering above her. Her cheeks deepened into a dark red and Yu Tong couldn't tear her eyes away from Da Dong. She gulped when he put his hand on her cheeks again. "You like me right?" he asked her in a gentle voice. She could only nod slowly. "Then do you want to be mine?"
"Wang Da Dong," she whispered, "That's impossible..."
"Shh," he put a finger to her lips before leaning in towards her face, "Let's just have our moment in peace."
He continued to lean into her face and now their noses were touching. Yu Tong closed her eyes, expecting to be kissed but when she closed her eyes, Da Dong seized the chance to use his two fingers to throat stab her. As soon as he hit the sensitive spot, she out.

Breathing a sigh of relief, he got up and looked down at her unconscious body, "I'm sorry I took advantage of you," he mumbled before holding out a green playing card. It was called 'Snap Trap Card' and could trap a person inside it. The boys had brought some along to capture any enemies they ran into to avoid any fights that would harm their mission. He held the card between his index and middle finger and held it above her body. "Snap!" he spoke and the card and Yu Tong glowed green before she was away into the card. He then tucked the card away into his pocket before grabbing a lollipop from the jar on the table.

"I think I deserve a snack," he said as he popped it into his mouth.

 

[A/N: Da Dong lied about being in love with Yu Yan, it was only to take advantage of Yu Tong]
 


~*~*~

 

A man laughed to himself as he looked at the security footage on his computer screen. On the screen he could see what was going on in every room in his airship. He looked at Ya Se and Lei Ke Si through his screen, "You can take those two ma guas, I have no use for them anymore," he told them though they could not hear him. He looked at a small jar containing a liquid containing the cells he had stolen from them. He then looked at Wang Da Dong, "That was an underhanded move, boy, but I like it," he laughed before looking at Ding Xiao Yu. "I think it's time for us to meet again," he said, before glancing over at a large glass chamber at the corner of the room. Inside was the body of Jiang Yu Yan.