Dream

Our Dream Wedding

I am washing the utensils I used earlier for my dinner while I'm humming a song that has been stucked to my mind for I don't know when. I only stopped when I heard the door opening. I turn to look and it was Sinb who just came from work. As usual, she looked exhausted.

"Worked overtime again?" I softly asked when she went close to me to give me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't join you for dinner" I nod at her and reassured her a smile. She sigh and grab a glass of water first before heading to our bedroom. Probably, changing.

It's been awhile since she started working overtime. I don't know why she's been keeping herself to work that hard when in fact, we both are just earning enough for the two of us. But then, having the thought that might be Sinb was just thinking for our future makes me blush.

After my activity in the sink, I went to our bedroom and found Sinb already in her pj and is lying on bed.

"Have you eaten already?" I softly asked

"I'm too tired" she responded with a sigh

"Want me to feed you?" She chuckled.

"Don't bother. Just come here so we could sleep" she tap the space beside her, signalling me to lay down. I obeyed and cuddled with her. She softly runs her fingers through my hair.

"You seem to work too hard lately. You couldn't even join me for dinner for awhile now" I said, half upset. I didn't even know how I suddenly get some mood swings. I'm pretty sure it was just fine for me earlier.

"I'm sorry. Am I disappointing you?"

"No! I mean... I was just upset. That's all" she pulled me closer, hugging me tightly.

"Just know that I'm doing this for us, Yuju. I have to do this for us to make it work" I frown and stared at her straight in the eyes

"What do you mean?"

"There's an offer at my workplace lately. The higher office will promote 10 employees to bring to the US to work for their newly opened branch there. I wanna be one of those 10 employees, Yuju."

"So you wanna leave?" It was kind of upsetting for me to hear.

"When I get to go there, I'll leave with you. I'll bring you with me Yuju. When I get the job there, then all we need to worry about is just a new job for you and a new place to live together" I can see the spark in her eyes as she said those words to me. I can see that she's very interested on it. That she really likes it.

"B-but aren't we just doing fine in here?" Sinb frown at me

"Yes, we're good. But I'm sick with hiding Yuju. I just don't want people to keep on thinking that I'm single when in fact I'm living with you here. Aren't you tired of us being seen as friends only?" Sinb suddenly gets emotional. Something that she rarely gets into. I knew far too well that Sinb was sensitive when it comes about us, especially with the situation we are into right now.
"In the US we can get to love more freely Yuju. We can walk around the streets hand in hand. In there we can have our wedding. Our dream wedding" I teared up. So that was it.

I leaned in and pressed my lips against Sinb's. I'm so loving this girl, and I can't help but to keep falling for her. Our kiss turns into a passionate one, and we both knew where this night could lead us.


Sinb continues to work hard, even harder if she could. Until a news came and she was indeed choosen to be one of those 10 employees. We were both too happy about it that we started to plan out a new place for us to live too much ahead of time and we'll only worry about the new job for me when we got there.

The day came and we finally got into the U.S. I was excited as I got into the place and Sinb seems to notice it when I saw the smirk on her face.

We took a cab and get into our new home. Though it was just simplier and smaller than our old ones, we can deal with it since there's only the two of us.

"I think it'll take more time before we can get married Yuju. I mean, we still need to save money for that" I smile as I wrap my arms around her neck.

"We're only on the first step Sinb. I'll find a job for myself first. And someday, we'll get there" she smirked 

"Sure thing. But for now, let's unpack our things" I giggle and do as said by my lover.

In this foreign place, it's kinda hard for me to find myself a job. But fortunate enough for me, I could speak english fluently. So talking to people around me was made easier than I thought it would be.
Several days have passed and I only got myself as a crew member of a fast food chain. Recieving only a minimum wage that is a half lower than what Sinb is actually earning. I kept on reassuring Sinb that I'll be only having this job temporarily since it's the only available job I can have for now, that I can have a better job someday for a better earnings. Yet, Sinb always tells me that it's fine. That as long as I have a job, as long as I'm recieving my paycheck every end of the month, then I'm doing fine.

We were both happy with the new environment that we're currently living in. We often times go out to walk around the place. To try new things, to be more free as a couple. Though we still recieve some eyes staring at us, yet it was far way better than what we actually recieves back to our old place.

Later at night, while I was washing the dishes, Sinb came to me wrapping her arms around my waist and resting her chin on my shoulder.

"What took you so long?" She asked me, obviously annoyed

"What do you mean? I just got started" I hear her sigh

"Leave that for awhile"

"And why is that?" I said between my laugh

"Just do as I said, please"

"Fine" I washed my hand with the water to remove the soap on it. Then I turn around to face her, breaking her hug to me.
"What is it?"

"Remember when I asked you to marry me?"

"Yes?" Sinb took a ring out of her pocket and showed it to me

"I never really get an answer from you back then. And I was also unable to give you this" I smiled and almost tear up.
"Will you wear this ring and be my fiance?"

"Of course, Sinb. Of course" I never hesitate to answer. She wore the ring on my finger then pulled me in her arms. I tightly responded to her hug.

It's funny how Sinb was the one to propose to me considering the fact that I was actually the one who persuaded her to date me. I thought back then that the first move should always come to me, but Sinb proved me wrong. And I'm more than loving it.

I'm loving it so much to the point that everything seems to be so perfect just by merely knowing that Sinb is with me. That she was in arms. That she loves me more than I ever expected.

It was indeed a dream do come true to have Sinb.

But then I am somehow reminded that there's no such thing as perfect relationship. It was when I found myself in a state that could hurt Sinb. A state that can make me lose her. A state that will destroy us.

It was one late evening, I went to a club where my co-workers are at to celebrate the birthday of our manager. I stayed there happily chatting with them whom I have considered as new friends, and we shared several shots of drinks. I was enjoying myself too much on the party that I ended up getting too drunk to the point that everything around me was just purely spinning.

I don't know what happens next to me, but the morning after when I woke up, I was already in an unfamiliar bedroom. Only to find myself with a man beside me. Then I realized, he was a co-worker.

I turned silent. I couldn't speak. I didn't even know what to react.

With him still deeply asleep, I hurriedly took all of my clothes poorly scattered on the floor and get myself clothed. I then left the place, and realizing that it was actually daytime, I decided to go straight for work. As much as I want to go home to see Sinb who's I'm sure waiting for me, I just couldn't. I don't even know how to face her now.

It was the day when a change has started to create between me and Sinb. She did asked me why I was gone the whole night, and yet the only answer I can give to her was a lie. I don't know if she could see through me, but I just hope that she don't.