Wedding

Our Dream Wedding

Several days and nights have passed and Sinb remained cold towards me. Is her love fading? Did I broke her heart too much that it doesn't want to remember me anymore? Will she...leave me?

Just when I thought everything was falling apart between us, Hwang Eunbi, once again proved me wrong.

I was lying on my back on bed and was close to falling asleep when I felt a hand wrap around my waist. I froze. Sinb snuggled herself more comfortably, pulling me closer on the process.

"Have you visited the hospital already?" she softly asked

"I...haven't. I mean, not yet"

"That's not good. You should keep yourself and the baby checked" I remained silent. My heart pounding so fast
"Wanna come together?" Her voice was gentle. No trace of anger and despise on it. I can't help myself to cry. I miss this girl so much.
She reach out her hand to wipe away my tears and I felt soft lips pressed against my cheek.
"Please don't cry"

I won't ever forget that night she accepted me again.

Sinb did come with me to visit the hospital for my first check up. Until she started showing up in every check ups, and even the day I'm having an ultra sound, she was there. She took good care of me for the rest of my pregnancy days. All the money we saved for our dream wedding were used for me and the baby, especially the day when I gave birth.

I woke up with the white ceiling greeting my vision. I turn my head to look beside me and there, I saw Sinb with the baby in her arms. I love how she keep the smile on her face as she slowly sway her body. I love how her eyes were lovingly staring at the baby like as if it was really her own.

Yoo Eun. Yu-na, Eun-bi. Choi Yoo Eun. That'll be his name.

I was intently staring at Sinb showing affection towards the baby, until she raises her head and her gaze at me. She smiled when our eyes met.

"He's beautiful" she said

Sinb's generosity was once again proven. Through out the babies growth, Sinb was there to help me provide his necessities.

We were both sleeping peacefully when a cry interrupted us. I groan as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Just go back to sleep" I heard her say before she stood up to tuck our baby back to sleep in his crib. Unlike me who only stayed at home due to my maternal leave, Sinb was obviously tired from work.

"Come back here Sinb, you still have to go to work a few hours by now. Let me do that"

"It's fine. Just sleep, Yuju. Sleep" I can't help but smile.

When my maternal leave has come to its near end, Sinb turned her shift to night time. It is so that by the time I started going back for work, during the day while I'm out, Sinb will took good care of the child. Then when my shift ends at the evening, I have to go home early and we'll do the reverse process.
It was kind of successful, since the child was never left alone by himself at home. Though between me and Sinb, it was her who did most of the job since during the night time, all I do is to tuck the child to sleep then the rest of my night will be smooth.
We did the same process until now that the child has turned into 4 years old. Mine and Sinb's savings were now all named just purposedly for him, that our dream wedding were now almost forgotten. But then, we're happy. And that's all that matters.

One day, as I was having my lunch break at my workplace, I recieved a call from my mom. I don't know how or to what kind of spy did they hire for them to know about my child.

"Tell me Yuju, who's the father? It can't be yours with Sinb. That's just impossible!"

"There's no need to bring that man up, mom."

"Tell me Yuju!" She shouted that it hurts my ear.

"It was a co-worker from my old job. Can you now shut up?"

"A crew member?" I sigh

"Find him Yuju. Find him! Your son needs him"

"No! Sinb is enough! Infact, she's more capable than him"

"Why can't listen to me Yuju?! Did Sinb drugged you to be like that?! I knew it. She was never good for you!" I've had enough of her talking so I hanged up the call.

I thought everything will be fine after that. That my mom will just let me be like how she did when I ran away to be with Sinb. But I was wrong.

For the first time, Sinb and I took our day-off on the same day. I was playing with Yoo eun at the living room when I heard a knock from the door. Before I could digest everything in my mind, my mom was already there, standing in front of me with a man behind her.

She flew all the way here just to chase me. And she even went to find the man who got me pregnant.

"So I have a child but you never told me?" The man said attempting to touch Yoo eun, but the child ran to hide behind me.

"You shouldn't be here. Not now that me and Sinb are doing fine with the child"

"And what right did Sinb ever has to be with that child? This man here have more rights than her because he was the father"

"He wasn't even here when to be with the child until now!"

"You hide him from me! How am I supposed to know?" The man defended.

I tried to defend my side, and thankfully, Sinb came and she was there for me.

No matter what, that man, I will never let him get in our way. I will never let him break me and Sinb, nor take my child away.
It was like a game of push-and-pull. The more I push my mom and the man to get away from our family, the more they get persistent to get close to me and my child. Trying to take us away from Sinb.

In happen for long weeks of us arguing over and over again.

"I want my child Yuju. It might just supposed to be a one night stand with you but that doesn't mean I wont be responsible for my child!" It was what the man always tell me.

He wanna be a responsible father for the child. He wanna be with the child. So what was that supposed to mean? That he should have the child instead of having it stay with me? Or having the two of us for the child to have both mom and dad? Whichever the two option, none of them sounds good to me. Never would I let him get my child, nor break me apart from Sinb.

Until one night, my mom came to our house again. But this time, she was alone.

"Where's Sinb?"

"At work"

"And the child?"

"He's sleeping" he sigh

"Right. We need a time like this to talk, Yuna"

"If it's about the child and the father again, please just leave me alone"

"Your child needs a father, Yuna"

"He's doing fine even without him" I never get my guards off

"Yoo eun will grow up as a man, he needs someone to look up to. Someone who can give him some manly advices, and can show him to live the man out of him. He needs a father, Yuna. And you've heard it right? His father is willing to take him home with you. The three of you should be the real family, Yuna" my mom was trying to convince me as calm as she could. I remained silent the whole time.
"You can't have Yoo eun grow up with you and Sinb, Yuna. Think about how it'll be hard for him to understand why he has two mothers instead of a mother-and-father. Think about how things can get hard for him. You know this too well, Yuna. You and Sinb are in a very complicated relationship. You two have sinned by just falling in love with each other, by trying to live a life of your own as a couple. Think of it, you won't let Yoo eun get exposed with the sin you've committed with Sinb, right? Because if you think you will, I won't let you."

"Can you just leave us alone and let us live the life we want to have by ourselves? Sinb and I love each other and it was never wrong! I know Yoo eun will understand someday!"

"And are you supposed to make him understand? By telling him that his mother lived with the one she loves which was a girl and he was just created when his mom slept with a man having a one night stand! Great Yuna. Just great!"

I don't wanna hear anything from her that night anymore, so I tried walking away by going to our laundry room, washing a few clothes, hoping she'll be gone. But she just on chased after me.
 

"I'm your mother Yuna. I will always correct you. I will guide you to be on the right path again!"

"You were never helping me and Sinb!"

"Because it's not right! You have to do what's right Yuna! Especially now that you have a child! If you can't do what is right for yourself, then do it for your child!"

"What's happening here?" We both heard a voice coming from the doorway of the laundry room. It was Sinb with a serious look on her face. My mom frown at the sight of her. I even saw mom glare at Sinb before she storm to leave the house. Sinb sigh.

"She's at it again?" I nod

"Why are you home so early? Aren't you supposed to be home by dawn?"

"I decided to do undertime. I feel like something's wrong here so I've come up to see it for myself" I put down the cloth in my hand and came close to Sinb, giving her a kiss.

"You couldn't have just bother" Sinb's expression from earlier never left her face. I saw look from afar, like trying to think something deeply.
"What is it?" I asked her

"Yuju... your mom... maybe she was right"

"Y-you heard us?"

"I came just almost the same time as her"

I was shocked. I never thought Sinb could say that.

"So you think it's just right to have us apart? Is that it?" I was half mad when I utter those words. I just couldn't believe Sinb.

"Well, Yuju, you know..." I can see that she was still trying to figure out what she wanted to say
"It's no longer about us, Yuju. It's about Yoo eun"

"We're good for him. The two of us is enough to make him grow as a fine man"

"Maybe we do, but he needs a father too" I pushed Sinb away
"Yuju please, hear me out"

"I don't need to hear anything from you Sinb! You just basically want us apart! After all we've been through, I won't ever let any of your wants to happen! Not when it means leaving you!"

"I never wanted it this way as well. Damn! You don't know how much I wanted you with me! But Yuju, for the sake of the child, let's not be selfish. None of this wouldn't be happening if only---" she stopped

"What? If only what Sinb? If only I didn't end up getting pregnant?" Sinb looked down
"I thought we're fine now!"

"It was never fine, Yuju. I was afraid to lose you because I love you, but it was never fine to me. You don't know how much it hurts. I love you and I love Yoo eun but it still hurts" Sinb start crying. One thing that I really hate is to see her cry like that.
"Look, Yuju, I tried to understand but it just hurts me. Everything that has happen until now keeps hurting me"

"Then why didn't you tell me? Tell me when I'm hurting you Sinb! And if you're mad then tell me! Tell me how you feel! Hit me whenever you want!" I was yelling at her and I know I looked like a mess by now

"If I tell you, will that change anything? Will that change the fact that you got pregnant? Will that change the fact that the child's father is going after the two of you? And that your family is on his side? If I tell I'm hurt will that change a single thing we're into right now?" I turned speechless. So all this time, Sinb was just hiding the pain. Suffering it all by herself.
"Why are you so hard to love?" Her voice cracking. My heart broke into pieces just hearing that.
I cup his face with my hands, making her look at me in the eyes.

"Say you won't give up on us. Please tell me you're not giving up, Sinb" I said, almost begging

"Yuju... maybe it's about time for us to do what's right for the child"
I was convinced to do what I have to do after hearing it from Sinb herself.

And just a few months after that night, I was already wearing a white gown with a veil attached to my hair. My whole family was present at the event, and as I walk through the aisle, I watch the man standing there at the other end, waiting for me. That day, I kept on thinking about how it would feels like if it was Sinb waiting for me. How much it could've been better if the one that I'm marrying right now, is the person I truly love. 

We exchange our vows. The vows I dreamed to share with Sinb. We both wore the ring on each other's fingers, how I wish I was doing it all with Sinb right now.
Right after the kiss after announcing the both of us as husband and wife. We both turn to face the people present to witness our wedding. I wonder why they were all smiling and clapping their hands out of joy. I was just watching them with a fake smile when suddenly, a figure caught my eyes. I can feel my knees shaking at the sight of her. She was there, standing at the end of the church, watching me.

A month before the wedding day, me and my son were moved to live with my now husband. Since that day, I never get to see Sinb ever again. Not until this day.

"Sinb..." when our eyes met, she smiled at me though I know it was force. I can see the sadness and pain in her eyes even though we are standing far away from each other. It was obvious that she was crying. Few seconds passed, she slowly turnher back on me and left the place. I wanna run and chase after her, but I know it's too late. I ended up crying on the spot as I watch her walk out of my sight.

The night after the wedding and the reception. I know I should be sleeping beside my new husband, but I refused to do so. Instead, I went to lay down beside Yoo eun in his room. The child was sleeping peacefully, while I was staring at him, caressing his hair softly.

"You might start to wonder why mommy bi is no longer with us. It actually hurts the two of us, but just know baby that we're doing this all for you" I softly kissed his forehead and hugged his little body tight.

At the end, we chose to be right, sacrificing our happiness on the process. Or is it even right? Well, atleast for most people it is.