Just a dream

Our Dream Wedding

"Hey, you okay? You've been spacing out lately? Still thinking about how we first met?" Sinb asked with a smile. It's been days since the incident and yet I still didn't have the courage to tell her about it. Never will I ever get the courage to tell her.

Ever since that incident, there wasn't a night where I don't feel guilt. Especially when my clueless girlfriend hugs me to sleep. There wasn't a single day where I don't feel afraid about the thought of Sinb finding out.

I tried my best to forget that incident. I quit my job, I just couldn't bare to see that man who basically just acted like nothing has ever happened to us. Though Sinb was curious at first, but she eventually just supported my decision and even helped me to find a new job. I'll do whatever I can to forget it. To avoid any thoughts of it for the best of me and Sinb. For the sake of our relationship.

And yet, my wishes were never heard.

One night when I went home from work, I saw Sinb sitting at the couch, watching tv. She turn to look at my direction, probably after hearing the door open then close, then she stood up to walk closer and greet me with a kiss like she usually does.

"You looked pale" She put hand on my my forehead to check my temperature.
"Are you okay?" I took her hand and put it down.

"I'm fine. I only need to rest" I saw her frown, unconvienced. I don't know why but the face makes me so annoyed for some unknown reason

"You've been like this for days already. Did work exhaust you too much?" She asked in concern

"I already said I'm fine Sinb" I walk pass through her and head to our bedroom, but before I could get into our room, she grab my wrist, stopping me.

"Are you sure you're fine? You don't look like you are to me" I annoyingly pulled my arm away from her.

"Are you deaf? I already said I'm fine Sinb! I'm fine! Can you just leave me alone?!" I get inside our room and slam the door close on Sinb's face. I sat at the edge of our bed and deeply sigh. And that moment, I rethink about what I just did earlier.

Sinb was just concern about me, yet I neglected that mere fact and shouted at her. I even slam the door close when she's only a few steps away from it. I can feel the guilt visiting me once again. Why did I even acted like that? What makes me mad about her earlier? I sigh

I felt my phone vibrated from my pockets so I took it out and read the message sent by a friend. She was reminding me not forget to do something I need to do.

Recently I've been constantly feeling headaches, and if I wasn't too tired every end of my shift, then I'd be too down without even a certain reason for it. And it makes me afraid. I went to share this to a married friend of mine and the only advice she gave me was to check for myself.

I nervously gulp as I reach out my bag and took the PT I got earlier from the drug store. I briskly went to the bathroom of our room and didn't forget to lock the door.
I tested myself, praying for only one thing.

My hands are shaking when I watched the result. My knees are weak, and I unconciously covered my mouth with my free hand as I can't stop myself from tearing.

I'm pregnant

"*knock* *knock* Yuju, are you there? Can we talk?" I heard Sinb's voice from the other side.

Nervous. Fear. Guilt. It's eating me inside. I hurriedly wiped my tears and took several deep breaths.

"Yuju? Are you doing fine there?" I know she's waiting for me to go out. Sinb is a bit unpatient when it comes to waiting so I'm sure she's getting annoyed by now. I took a deeper breath, before I opened the door only to see a concerned Sinb.
"What took you so long? I'm starting to think something happened to you in there"

I'm sorry.

"I'm fine" I said as natural as I can and walk pass by her, trying to avoid her eyes.

"You're avoiding me" I heard her said

"No! I'm not! I mean, why would I?" I said, my back facing her

"Do you think you can fool me Yuju?" I turned silent. Right, Sinb knows me too well already. She sigh
"Look, I'm here to say sorry about earlier. I don't mean to annoy you, I was just worried"

"I know" I'm still not facing her

"Can you atleast look at me?" Sinb seem to notice that I couldn't dare to look at her, so she walk to get infront of me instead.
"Now, I'm infront of you. Can you look into my eyes now so we could talk?"

"Sinb... actually, I wasn't really on the mood to talk"

"Then when will you be on mood? When everything is at worst? I've been having this bad feeling about you lately Yuju, I won't wait for more before you speak!" Like I expected, Sinb really hates to wait.

"Not now, Sinb. Not now" I tried to walk away but she grab me by my arm.

"Something's wrong, isn't it?" She was trying to make me look at her, but I just couldn't dare to meet her eyes.

"Let go of me" I said, almost begging

"No Yuju! Not when it concerns you"

"Sinb please!" I pushed her away from me and I gues I made it too hard that she almost lost her balance. The PT fell on the floor and I almost fainted when Sinb picked it up right before me.

She stare at it with an unexplainable expression, and whatever is behind that, I won't like it.

"S-Sinb..."

"Is this yours?" She asked, her voice was shaking. I nod. There's no choice for me but to confess.
"With who?"

"A-a co-worker from my past job" her grip to the PT tighten

"I-is it why you quit your job all of a sudden?" Her voice was cracking and I knew that she was already controlling herself. Stopping herself from exploding.

"I-I'm sorry"

"You cheated on me" anger. pain. sadness. It was what I could see in her eyes.

"Sinb, let me explain"

"You cheated on me!" She shouted as she hardly throw the PT to hit the wall. I froze. My knees are shaking, and the tears are flowing.

"S-sinb..." it happen so fast that I was unable to grasp on her. She ran away. Literally, she ran away and I was too weak to chase after her. I ended up hopelessly crying on the floor.

The first night, she didn't went home. But I was thankful that she came back the next day after that. I tried to reach out for her, but she's ignoring me. Every night when we get on the bed, she no longer hug me nor kiss me when she get home from work. Sinb has turned cold. But what's even more painful was when I saw the engagement ring being placed inside the cabinet of our night stand. Sinb took it off and hasn't been wearing it ever since that night when she found out.

My heart broke. Is our relationship breaking? Will our dream wedding remain just a dream?