End

Our Dream Wedding

Society will always have its own standards. And most of the time, those standards are the ones to dictate us between what's right or wrong. Yet, we people all live differently. We have our own ways. We have our own perspective. And sometimes, what's right for us is wrong for someone else and the same thing goes all the way around. Still, we all have to agree that differences makes us all unique. But why can't people accept that? Me, myself, have doubted my choices for so many times. Especially one that involves Sinb. But now, now that I've lived for so long. Experiencing the good and the bad things in life. I finally got the answer to my own doubt. It was a no. It was never wrong to love someone like Sinb, the person who got the same as me.

To love is never wrong.

To be with someone you love is never wrong. For it is better to live with someone you love on the same , than to live with the opposite one but no feelings at all. Trust me, I've been there.

It is only right to choose to be happy. And it was sad for Sinb and I to figure that out just now.

I also realized that my deceased husband can still be a father to my child without us marrying and living together. He can still be a responsible father even if I'm with Sinb.

But that's all in the past now. Anyways I'm with Sinb again. And that's all that matters now.

I put the tray with a bowl of liquid food on it at the night stand. After that, I sat at the side of the bed and fixed my gaze to Sinb who's lying on her back.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I gently caress her hair.

After getting married, Sinb and I flew back to korea to continue living our lives as now married couple. We don't care about the stares and criticisms anymore. We're already married and we're old. And when I say old, it means getting nearer to being weak.

Only a year after we moved back, Sinb got sick. Cancer. Out from all diseases she can get, she got cancer.
At first I let her stay at the hospital, but eventually she begged me to let her stay at our home instead. She missed our home, and says her, she hoped to have her last breath there. I couldn't say no to my precious Sinb.

I got her transferred to our home. Most of the time, she's just in our bedroom, and regularly a doctor would come by to check on her. Slowly, slowly, she's getting weaker. Up until to this point wherein she couldn't walk anymore. Sometimes when I felt like she's getting bored inside, I would take her outside by letting her ride a wheelchair with me pushing for her.
Though it hurts me to see Sinb in such state, everytime she smiles at me, I can feel my heart at ease. All she need is to smile then I'll be fine.

With all her little strength, she reached out her hand to hold mine and she smiled at me.

"Is my Sinb feeling all great?" she nod

"Lay down on bed now" she softly said.

"You don't want to eat? You wanna sleep now?"

"I can't taste the food anyways" she weakly chuckled. Right, Sinb's food were now in liquid and we need to use a tube for it to get into her stomach since she couldn't swallow anymore.
I sigh, then slowly occupied the space beside her.
I wrap an arm on her waist to cuddle with her.

"I like this" she said

"Me too"

"At last, I'll sleep in your embrace" I frown

"What do you mean?" She weakly smiled at me, and her gaze is sending me a signal making me nervous.

"S-sinb..."

"I'm grateful to find you Yuju. You mean the world to me"

"H-hey...what are you talking about?"

"P-promise me you won't c-cry"

"Stop it, Sinb! Stop it!" Sinb only stare at me. As if begging me to let her go.
"W-we'll meet again, right?" My voice cracked, and I'm now shaking. She slowly nod at me

"And we'll keep loving" I began crying out loud. Sinb falls into a complete silence while I kept on crying, mumbling to her ears how much I love her over and over again. It keeps going for a few minutes until I saw Sinb slowly closing her eyes to rest...forever.

I do wished for us to have more time but there's nothing we can do to fight the call of death, especially now that we're both old. But I never expected Sinb to be gone earlier than me.

I kissed her lips, the tip of her nose, then her forehead for the last time on that bed.

Sinb. Just know that I'm not getting younger as well, and it won't be long and I'll be gone in this world as well. When that time comes, let's meet again. No matter how much you hated it, promise me you will patiently wait for me like how you did back then. We'll continue to love each other with no boundaries even at the after life. I love you.