Our

Our Dream Wedding

The rain was pouring, and though it wasn't strong, it's still enough to make me shiver in cold. A pair of hands wrap around my waist as I feel someone hugged me from the back.

"Are you cold?" I can hear the soft voice from my back. I smile as I hum a response
"You could have wore warmer clothes then. Or atleast not stand here at the balcony. It's warmer inside"

"I like the smell of the air when it's raining" I can hear her chuckle from behind

"It's just the same oxygen though" I giggle as I turn around to face her. Not even breaking the closeness of our body, nor removing her arms that was wrapped around me.

"Can you just not break the moment?" She smiles at me, and I can't help but to do the same thing as her.
I just don't know how much I love this girl. And yes, we were a couple living under the same roof.

"Dinner is served and it's waiting for us to consume them. I don't usually cook so you better compliment me even if it turns out to taste bad"

"I'll do my best"

"More likely you'll lie just to make me feel good" I laughed at her and playfully pinched both her cheeks.

"Let's go now" she let go of her arms and we went back inside. She slides our balcony door close, then grabs my hand to hold as we head to the table where she already sets our dinner.

She prepared a soup for the both of us. A perfect food for a weather like this.

We're both sitting across each other, and we consume our food with comfortable silence. I truly love this type of moment with her. A moment where I can stare at her beauty as long as I want, without even her minding about it. And often times she would smile at me whenever our eyes meet.
I can help but to remenisce the day we first found each other.


It was a hot evening at the island of jeju 3 years ago where my family chose to spend the whole summer. I was sitting next to my father who was holding his fishing rod as he blankly stare at the sea, waiting for a fish to catch. I was constatntly whining that day as he seem to take like forever on the same position yet hasn't even catch a single fish yet. Also, to take note that it was really hot.

"Go grab my wallet in my bag and just go wherever you want to go" I remembered him saying that. I did took his wallet and left. I was just walking around the area, trying to find a nearest convenience store until I feel a tap on my right shoulder. I turn to look behind me and it was a girl. A beautiful stranger. She was also a tourist on that island and was asking me about some location, but unfortunately, I wasn't familiar with the place.

"We can find that place together, but do you mind?" I remembered offering her that. I just can't help but to do so since I really wanted to know this person. She was really beautiful, though she kinda looked like a snob, I guess?

"What if we get lost?" She asked

"Then maybe that's what we call adventure?" I said, then awkwardly smiled when she only stared at me.
"Or maybe not?" I tried to take back what I just said. She chuckled.

"You're cute" she surprisingly said, making me blush.
"Shall we go now?" I happily nodded then we both walked to leave the area.

In that moment, I get to know some of her. She's only a year younger than me, and she lives in gwangju, which is too far from where I live since I'm from seoul. I was also able to get her number and had a few talks and laughs with her. Aside from being so beautiful, she was totally fun to be with. But ofcourse, the evening didn't last long. My father messaged me, asking where I was for him to pick up since he was pretty familiar with the whole island.

"Goodbye, Yuna. It was really fun with you" she said when we already bid our goodbyes. We were also able to find the place she wants to find which happen to be the apartment her family rented for their whole vacation.



"Yuju?" I snap back to reality when hands clapped in front of me.
"You're spacing out. Don't you like my food?" She ask with a pout. I can't help but to smile.

"I was only thinking about how we first met" she let out a chuckle

"Again?" I nod

"I can't help it" 

 

Ever since that day we first met, I found out something new about me. Something I never thought would ever cross my mind.

'I like her. But will that be possible? She's a girl' it's what I always tell muself back then, though I never get the chance to meet her again for the rest of our vacation.

When we get back to seoul, I can't stop thinking about her 'til I've decided to send her a message. Hoping she could read it and send me a reply. And she did. I never knew how happy I was when she did.

We started out becoming friends. We kept texting each other, often times we'd do video calls. We'd also sent images of each other, some were pretty, most are silly.
I knew back then how much I admired her. Until...

"Let's meet when I get there" that's what she told me the moment she revealed to me that she applied for a job in seoul. I couldn't contain my happiness that I even went to buy a gift for her. And even picked her up on the station when she arrived.

With us getting on a closer distance, we get to hang out more often not only by the phone through messages, but personally.

Until a day came and I couldn't contain my growing feelings for her anymore, I confessed.
At first, she don't wanna accept me.

"We're both girls"

It's the only reason she gave me, which I find unreasonably unfair.

But I never gave up. I persuaded her for as far as I can do. I tried to do everything that I can do for her; offer everything I can offer. And giving her all my heart.

I can see that she's slowly falling for me too, yet she only gets in denial. And it took me awhile to actually convince her. But it was all worth it when she eventually gave in and decided to be my girlfriend.

The once in denial Sinb I fell in love with turns out to be sweet and compassionate. Totally worth the time to pursuade.

But things wasn't easy for us. Considering that we were both girls, we've got to hide our relationship from everyone including our families. We hang out like friends and can only get intimate when we're alone privately. But not all secrets can be kept forever.
Sinb's family found out about us and not long after, my family did as well. Both sides were getting hard on us. Sinb was coerced to quit her job and goes back to gwangju. Our contact was cut. Both families banning us to meet or ever share a word with.

But it didn't take long 'til I decided to run away and travel all the way to gwangju just to find Sinb again. I somehow convinced her to come with me, then we both left to live on our own.


Until now, I'm still thankful that I did chased after her. Because if not, then I won't be here with her under the roof. Lying on the same bed.

Bedtime. It's always been my favorite time of the day. It's the time when we cuddle, exchanging sweet gestures, having each other as the last person to see before the day ends and the first to see the next day ahead.

"Yuju..."

"Hmm?"

"Marry me" I looked deep into her eyes. I was overwhelmed with the sincerety plastered in her eyes.

"Do you have a ring?" I jokingly asked. She smile then place me a kiss on the forehead.

"I got you one, but I'm too tired to get up and get it. But I promise to give it to you tomorrow" I laughed at her silliness.

"Then, how about our family? They still kinda don't want us together" Her expression changed into something I couldn't explain.
"I-I'm sorry" I apologised after the long silence. She sigh

"I know. We can't be married in korea"

"S-sinb, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have said about our familes" she sigh again

"Let's just get some rest"

"Sinb..." she close her eyes and pulled me closer. Maybe tomorrow will be a good day for us. I closed my eyes as well and was drifting to sleep when I heard her voice softly

"I love you Yuju" my heart beat so fast, as well as it hurts me the fact that we're both being limited in our relationship. I just wish we could be more free to love without being viewed as sinners for being both girls.

Our dream is only to be with each other's arms. To be tied as one. To be a couple without our families getting in the way.

"I love you Sinb"