The Maiden and The Bull

Magikos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold bars that surrounded her made her body shiver. She never thought that her nightmares would turn into reality. The blindfold that was covering her eyes made her fear the noises that reached her ears.  She then heard footsteps, she pushed herself further to the side of her cellar. It stopped, it was in front of her.

“Come here” a voice of a woman said.

She became familiar with the voice but she never knew her name. She was abducted, separated from her girlfriend and now here she is being asked of things that are not making sense to her.

“What do you really want from me?”

“Tell me where’s the book?”

“I don’t know”

“Who’s the keeper?”

“I don’t know”

“My dear, my patience is running thin”

“How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“WHERE IS THE DAMN PRISM!”

“I don’t know!”

The girl inside the cellar raised her voice too. It sounded so loud that the mirrors surrounding them broke.

“You really ain’t easy but we will get there honey, we will get there”

She heard the footsteps starting to fade. She was then again alone, or at least that what’s she thought. Her tears fell as she thought about her lover that was with her when she got abducted. How she wish she is safe?

-0-

Xuan Yi panted heavily as she wakes up from her bad dream. Exy feeling worried ran to her and hugged her.

“What’s wrong?”

“I need to see Nayoung”

The lovers rushed to the where Nayoung and Roa was. Nayoung then told Roa to call the others as Xuan Yi seems to foretold what had happened and what is about to happen.

“What is it Nayoung?” Seola asked.

They gathered in Seola’s living room and they noticed how Xuan Yi looks so frightened. Her hand was holding Exy’s hand tightly.

“I saw a girl in my dreams, she was inside a cellar, they were looking for the book and the prism”

“Who is this girl? Bona asked.

“I don’t know, she was blindfolded but she can make things break even without looking”

“She’s the 13th deity and it seems like Cefno was able to capture her” Nayoung explained.

“What do we do then?” Seola asked.

“We have to find the others as soon as we can”

-0-

“Thank you for coming!”

Dayoung said bowing to the customer as they leave the small restaurant her parents owned. She fixed the table and cleaned it. She then greeted the customer who just entered their simple restaurant.

The telephone then rangs and she was quick to answer it. As she hang-up the phone she immediately passes down a piece of paper to the kitchen. It did not take long for the order to arrive.

She heads outside and rides her bike, she greeted the people who calls for her name. She hums as she pedals her bike. Dayoung, a hardworking girl who possess all the capabilities to do household chores. Her dream was to be a chef but that crashes when their family was wrapped with debts. The restaurant her family owns were visited by thugs whom her father asked for a loan. Now, they were having a hard-time paying them as they charged them with ridiculous interest.

Despite the troubles, Dayoung never loses her smile. She is popular in her village for being helpful and very hard working. She accepts all the job she could just so she can earn more money and help her parents. Unlike her bestfriend Soobin who is somehow bless with wealth.

Soobin is really not wealthy but it is a lot better than Dayoung’s family situation. Soobin’s father works in Australia and her family’s trading business bless them with more than a typical family could wish for.

Dayoung was sitting on the grass-field, trying to feel the air that was blowing against her. She was running back and forth the town and needed to rest for a bit.

“You really are feeling the wind” Soobin said after finding her best-friend laying down on the grass.

“It’s a nice weather” she replied.

Soobin handed her an ice-cream which the younger girl appreciates. Dayoung is 3 years younger than Soobin but that did not stop them from being friends.

“Dayoung-ah” Soobin called.

“Yes?”

“Are you not tired?”

“I can’t be tired, I have to work hard for my family”

“I really admire your love for your family”

Dayoung just smiled and playfully pushes Soobin to the grass-field. Her eyes then saw group of men heading towards them. She alerted Soobin and asked her to stand on her back. Soobin was clutching on Dayoung’s hand rather tightly.

“Who are you?” Dayoung questioned.

“Are you Im Dayoung and Park Soobin?” one of the men asked.

“Yes and what do you guys wants from us?”

“You are pretty small to be courageous” the man said and laughed.

They drew their swords and flipped it. The two started to move backwards and fear engulfed them. The men were laughing and all when a stone hit that same man. They shifted their sight to the direction where it came from.

“Oi! Why are you bullying kids?” She said, standing up and dusting herself.

“Exy, why did you do that?” Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter