The Leader

Magikos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was thrown outside for making a ruckus inside the bar. She tried to go inside again but her body is too small compared to the two bouncers who were stopping her from entering. She hissed and smirked on the bouncers.

“ you all” she shouted.

She then walked away from the bar and tried to find a place to go to. She leaned on the wall that was near her and thinks of a place. She fished her pocket and checked how much money she had left, she only have few bills and coin. She sighed as to how broke she was.

Exy, a bum, soon to be homeless if she doesn’t pay her rent , is a young adult who lost everything she had. She is a reckless badas* woman who seemed to have no future. That’s how she is right now.

She lost faith in everything and honestly just want to have fun until she died – as to when, she does not care. Ever since she lost her love she never dare to dream, she never wanted to live, she never care, not even herself.

She went to the nearby convenience store and tried to find something that would make her forget of this night. She went to the cold drinks section and bingo, the beers were on sale. She grabbed 4 cans of it and paid.

The cold beer drowned her aching heart from the damage of yesterday. Her worn out shoes dragged her to a place where she thought she could find peace. It was one of their favorite place, Exy and her lover.

It was a tunnel open to the public, it became her favorite as this where she met her. The tunnel was also the witness of their love, their first kiss, their quarrel. It gave them shelter and shield, away from the public’s judgmental eyes. Yes, Exy’s lover was a public figure and loving a poor woman like her is like an ultimate sin for people like her ex-lover.

She sat on the sidewalk and chugged down her second can. She then took out a disheveled box of cigarette and put a stick on , her hand was busy looking for a lighter but she couldn’t find one.

“Damn it!” she said.

Exy was about to put the cigarette back to the box when a stranger offered to light it. She was surprised but the stranger’s smile makes her accept the offer.

“You want one?” Exy offered in return.

“Nah, thank you, my girlfriend will kill me if I smoke” the stranger said.

“Then what was the lighter for?”

“Nothing, I just always have it. You don’t know when it will come handy”

“Are you new here? This is the first time I see you”

“Well, yes”

“What brought you in this shabby place”

“You”

Exy was flustered with the response but laugh at the stranger. She stood up and looked at the stranger. The stranger followed her tracks and Exy was starting to be pissed off with the woman. She puffed her cigarette and blew the smoke in front of the woman.

“Are you trying to be funny miss?” irritation can be heard from Exy’s tone.

“My name is Roa and I’m here to tell you something”

“You ain’t gonna sign me up to a cult or something right?”

“Nope, do I look like some religious girl recruiting members to you?”

“I wouldn’t know”

“Exy, we need your help and it seems like you also need our help”

Roa is towering Exy but that did not stop the latter to throw a punch to her. Roa was able to dodge it and pushed Exy slightly. The taller girl said that she is not her to fight but Exy won’t back down.

She was about to throw another punch when 4 more girls appeared before her. Exy curse at them and attacked again but Roa was too fast. She stumbled with her attempt and fell on the ground.

“Stop right there woman or I’ll fight you” Bona said not enjoying the boring fight between Roa and her.

“Oh yeah, come here shortie” Exy challenged.

Bona did not think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter