The beginning of my life

Life REALLY is Beautiful

KYUHYUN POV:

It's been about a year since I fully came to terms with myself. My life before I met him was full of sadness and seclusion, I was always scared because I was different. Even as a young child I knew I wasn't the same as the others, I would much rather be with boys than girls, but I payed no attention finding nothing wrong. It's normal for a ten year old to prefer to play with boys than girls, right? 

As I continued to grow into my teens my "difference" became more apparent to me. Boys my age would chase after any pretty girls that caught their attention, yet none caught mine. Sure I can acknowledge a pretty girl when I see one but...besides that... nothing. I felt no ual feeling towards them at all. With this in mind I started to close my self from others, I was different from them so why should I even try to get along with them. Instead of going out I stayed in studying and playing video games, doing anything to help me forget just how different I really was. This continued throughout high school and college, until I met him.

I was on a plane ride to Seoul on my way to a medical conference when he sat next to me. I was taken with his handsomeness the moment I saw him. He was just perfect in my eyes; tall, good looking, wearing fine clothing and had a smile that made the air steward blush (and me as well). I kept trying to avoid his eyes, pretending to read or nap so I wouldn't see him. He was so perfect and I wished to talk to him, get close to him but I knew I couldn't. A person like him would be disgusted with me and would never be attracted to a male, specially one like me. I was caught in my thinking that I didn't notice I had raised my head to him and was now staring at him, that was until I heard him speak "Annyeong haseyo Choi Siwon imnida" and my world started to change.   

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 

Wanting to be a good son I knew that me being gay wouldn't be something my parents would find out soon. So I started to date, woman. The most I would ever do with them was to hold their hand and the occasional peck on the cheek. Soon my girlfriends would get tired and one after one would break up with me, that was fine with me. Most of the girls were annoying anyway so I had no problem when they would dump me. That was until I met Sunny.

True to her name Sunny was a ball of sunshine and i couldn't help but adore her as a friend, only as a friend. I would love spending time with her, being a shy girl she was always satisfied with any small touches I gave her and never asked for more. So it pained me deeply when she too broke up with me. I really loved her just not as a woman but as a wonderful sister.

When my so called "relationship" with Sunny ended my parents started to push the subject of marriage onto me even more. My mother Hyoyeon was worried that I would never marry, like my uncle Henry. I was already in my mid 30's far too old to be without someone.

"You are never going to get married if your girlfriends keep breaking up with you" my mom would say.

I truly understood where my mom was coming from, she wanted me settled down and happy with a nice wife and kids. I just couldn't grant her that wish. I had given it thought a couple of times, getting married. I would do it for my parents, in an attempt to appear normal and be a good son. With that in mind I had almost proposed to Sunny, thankfully Siwon stopped me.

 

SIWON POV:      

My family appeared to be perfect, we were rich, educated, good looking and for a time I wanted to believe that too. I have always known I was attracted to men yet I hid this from my family and even got married to a wonderful woman, Victoria. We spent eight years together and had the most precious daughter but I wasn't completely happy. I felt horrible with myself, I was deceiving Victoria. I would make any excuse I needed to be away from home, and I found refuge in the gym. I would work out everyday just to be away and in time I even came to enjoy exercising. 

This perfect family didn't last long and I was found out. My wife and family were crushed and hurt and I did the only think I could, I left. Me and Victoria got a divorce and I got to see my little girl ever once in a while, all thanks to Victoria. She gave me visitation rights even when her parents tried to convince her not to. She definitely was a good woman and I was so sorry I used her.

After I left my life was dull and colorless, I started to travel and take pictures to try and keep myself entertained and soon found myself getting a job as a professor in a university. On one of my flights to Seoul I met the person who would give my life color again. 

I could tell he was attracted to me he moment he saw me, his blush when I smiled at the steward was a big give away. I knew this guy was like me, attracted to men instead of woman, I'm not sure how but I just knew. The more I observed him the cuter I found him and I just had to make a move. When he unintentionally turned to stare at me I took the initative and introduced myself:

"Annyeong haseyo Choi Siwon imnida." He looked startled at first but replied in a velvet smooth voice,

"Annyeong haseyo Cho Kyuhyun imnida." 

With these sentences the connection between us was formed and I knew he would change my life.