006

For The First Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It took him a couple weeks, but Jaejoong oppa soon adjusted back to the hectic schedules. Well, not like he had a choice either as his comeback concerts in Seoul began the 3rd week of January. We had about 3 months’ worth of overseas schedules – an Asia tour to meet his fans from around the region, and on top of that, oppa was confirmed for a new drama. There were also numerous photoshoots and filming. Basically, my schedule was packed all the way till summer.

 

I barely had time to meet Taekwoon, as he was busy with his musical schedules as well. When he had time, I was either on the job or overseas, and vice versa. We could only make do with phone calls (sometimes video calls) almost every night.

 

“Where in the world is my superwoman at this week?” Taekwoon sounded sleepy.

 

I chuckled, “I just boarded. Did you just wake up?”

 

“Yeah,” he yawned, “stay safe.”

 

“Mm, I’ll text you as soon as I arrive in Thailand.”

 

“I gotta go to musical practice,” Taekwoon sighed.

 

“Go on, don’t be late.”

 

“Remember to text me, okay? You’re getting forgetful lately.”

 

I chuckled, “alright, I will. Now go.”

 

“Han Byul, catch,” Youngjun tossed me a bottle of candy and pointed to Jaejoong oppa.

 

“Thanks, oppa.”

 

“You guys are so sweet, it’s sickening to watch,” Jaejoong oppa grumbled.

 

“I’ll be the one saying that to you when you find someone,” I laughed.

 

“So have you decided when to bring him home to meet your parents?”

 

“Meeting the parents already?!” Youngjun was surprised, “yah, are you gonna tell us you’re getting married next? And then quit your job?”

 

I rolled my eyes, “no one’s getting married. And I’m not quitting my job even if I do get married.”

 

“How long have you been together now?” oppa asked.

 

“Uh…about a year I think?”

 

The 2 men stared at me.

 

“What?”

 

“Do you not keep track of dates? You don’t even know how long you’ve been with him?” Youngjun asked exasperatedly.

 

“I can barely remember our schedules, let alone dates. I don’t even remember my own birthday. He was the one who reminded me last year.”

 

“Byul-ah…what do we do with you?” Jaejoong oppa shook his head, “how did you even land a guy like Taekwoon?”

 

“I ask myself that all the time too,” I laughed.

 

----

 

“Good job, everyone!”

 

Jaejoong oppa had just ended his concert in Macau and was going around backstage greeting and thanking everyone. One by one the staff left; oppa only went to freshen up and get changed after everyone else left. While waiting, I fished my phone from my bag and switched it on – I usually turn it off when on the job overseas. Within a few seconds of lighting up, I received notifications for a missed call and a couple texts from Taekwoon.

 

I realized I forgot to reply his text from that morning. He had told me he had a free day the Monday after and asked if I was free for dinner. I was rushing to get out of the hotel so I left it and reminded myself to reply him when I got in the car, but yeah guess who forgot?

 

I checked through my scheduler before dialing his number. He picked up after quite a few rings.

 

“Hey, I’m so sorry, I forgot to reply your text.”

 

I heard loud, muffled music in the background. They must have been in the midst of practice.

 

“I need to start buying you vitamins,” Taekwoon joked, “so can we do dinner on that day? I’ll cook.”

 

“Yes! I come back from Taiwan the day before, and oppa doesn’t have schedules on Monday, so I’ll be at the salon.”

 

“Great, it’s been so long since I saw you. I miss you.”

 

“I know,” I sighed, “and I’m sorry I keep missing your calls lately…”

 

“Silly girl. There’s nothing to apologize for. We’re both busy people, aren’t we?”

 

“I guess we are. Are you practicing?”

 

“Yeah. Hakyeon let us on a 5-minute break when you called. I’ve to go now.”

 

“Okay, be careful during practice. And say hi to the boys for me.”

 

“Mm, will do. See you soon.”

 

----

 

“I’m back!” I announced my arrival at the salon, “no more travelling! At least for the moment…”

 

My colleagues gathered around me after seeing that I had a few bags in my hands.

 

“These are gifts from Jaejoong oppa,” I held out the bags, “labeled with your names so find your own!”

 

“Oh my gosh we have gifts from the Kim Jaejoong?!”

 

“I need to try my luck at lottery!”

 

“He even wrote us messages!”

 

“Awww he wrote my name!”

 

I la

Please log in to read the full chapter