003

For The First Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taekwoon continued pursuing me despite my efforts of trying to keep our relationship professional. I came to realize what Jaejoong oppa said was right. I didn’t want to push Taekwoon away, that somewhere along the way, I had also developed feelings for him.

 

It was a chilly night in early April. VIXX had finally wrapped up the music video filming for their first comeback of the year. It had already been about 45 minutes since I got home, and I was ready to dive under my covers when my doorbell rang. There was only one person who would show up at my apartment at 3AM.

 

“Why are you here at this time?”

 

“I wanted to see you.”

 

Maybe it was the exhaustion clouding my rationality, but I had no energy to fight the devil in my head any longer. He didn’t expect me to initiate a kiss and neither did I. That was how our status became official.

 

We tried our best to keep our relationship a secret from everyone else, especially his agency. But apparently, Hakyeon could see right through Taekwoon.

 

“Byul noona, can I talk to you for a second?” Hakyeon called me out of the waiting room one day.

 

I felt Taekwoon’s eyes on me as I followed Hakyeon out into the hallway.

 

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

 

“Noona, be honest with me,” Hakyeon was so serious, I wasn’t used to that side of him, “is there something going on between you and Taekwoon?”

 

I couldn’t conceal the shock, and Hakyeon got his answer from my expression.

 

“I can read Taekwoon like a book, so I noticed something different immediately. I’m confident that no one else knows, but please always be careful no matter where you are, okay? I will talk to Taekwoon about it.”

 

I stared at him, not daring to speak. Hakyeon must have noticed my distress.

 

“Noona, I’m not going to tell you to stop seeing him. I have no right to do that. I promise you I’ll do my best to protect this secret from everyone else. But we’ll have to let the rest of VIXX know. That way we can have the same cover story just in case. Are you okay with that?”

 

I trust VIXX enough, so I nodded.

 

“Hakyeon-ah, thank you…”

 

He smiled, “let’s go back in before your boyfriend comes after me.”

 

The weight of carrying a secret must have taken a toll on me, because right after we told the other 4 members about our relationship, I literally felt like a dead weight had been lifted off my chest. They were all surprised by the sudden revelation, but took it pretty well. Jaehwan even went as far as to call me his hyungsoonim (sister-in-law), which earned him a kick from Taekwoon himself.

 

“How long has it been?”

 

“1 week…”

 

“Only 1 week and you got caught by Hakyeon hyung?!”

 

“Hakyeon hyung could be a detective if he didn’t become a celebrity.”

 

“We really have to be careful,” Hakyeon stressed, “we can’t let anyone find out.”

 

Taekwoon nodded, “sorry guys…and thank you.”

 

----

 

Hakyeon’s words must have made an impact, because Taekwoon went back to his ‘usual’ self whenever we were around other people. When we were alone, however, he was as clingy as a koala.

 

“I won’t be able to come over these few weeks,” Taekwoon sighed, resting his head on my shoulder as he held me in a back hug while I was cleaning up after dinner.

 

It was one day before their concert, to kick start theirsecond comeback of the year. He had to go back to rehearsals that night.

 

I shrugged nonchalantly, “we’ll still see each other almost everyday.”

 

“How are you so calm?” he grumbled.

 

“You’ll get tired of me sooner or later,” I joked.

 

“No I won’t! Don’t you know that you’re the first person I want to see every morning?”

 

His words made my heart skip a few beats, no kidding. I turned around to face him, smiling at his pouty face. He looked so adorable.

 

“I’m at my happiest too whenever I’m with you,” I circled my arms around his neck.

 

I tip-toed to press a light kiss to his lips, and his arms tightened around me as he deepened the kiss. He broke away when I flicked water on his fac

Please log in to read the full chapter