THREE

Two Pieces of a Puzzle

              I made sure to avert my gaze as Tiffany walked back into the bedroom. Sure enough, my decision turned out to be the correct one.

              “And here I was, thinking I could at least get a nosebleed from you if I unexpectedly walked in ,” she whined; it was true that I was expecting something, but I refused to believe that she was actually until I heard her put something on.

              “Wait, you were actually—”

              I was cut off as Tiffany joined me on the bed, pressing her—herself onto my back. “Why? Did that turn you on?” her low, husky voice rippled through my body like a jolt. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t think, I could only feel Tiffany’s matured chest press against my body, her hands snaking around my sides.

              “I-I’m going to go take a shower now,” I said, jumping out of the bed.

              “I’ll have your pajamas ready after you finish,” she said as I sped-walked into the still humid bathroom.

              I used the time showering to clear my mind. There wasn’t anything wrong with how I was reacting, right? I mean, it’s only natural; if someone as y as Tiffany said those words in that manner to any straight woman, surely her reaction would have mirrored mine. Getting flustered from Tiffany’s actions doesn’t mean I’m not straight, it just means I recognize Tiffany’s allure as another woman.

              However, when I stepped back into the bedroom after showering, I felt the color drain from my face.

              Apparently, in the midst of drowning myself in my own thoughts, Tiffany had snuck in and had taken my clothes away, replacing them with ‘pajamas’.

              I didn’t know what Tiffany classified as ‘pajamas’, but the outfits sitting on the counter definitely were not normal pajamas. “Yah Tiffany, what kind of pajamas are these?” I shouted, making note that the only towel in the room wasn’t big enough to cover my body effectively. I quickly grabbed that and started drying myself.

              “I personally prefer the transparent night robe, although if you want to wear the other outfit, I’d be ok with that too,” she commented from the other side of the door.

              The ‘other outfit’ Tiffany was talking about was a thin pair of light blue shorts that could probably only cover half of my and a matching light blue crop top so small, it would do a poor job of covering even my chest. I tried not to think about how poorly it would cover Tiffany.

              “You could also come out , but there’s no guarantee that I won’t jump on you on the spot,” Tiffany’s sing-song voice drifted from beyond the door.

              “I—” I breathed out, briefly imagining that scene.

              I punched myself lightly on the forehead, completing the process of drying myself off. “Give me back my clothes!” I yelled, tying the towel over my chest as best as I could. It was so small that the only way I could tie it effectively around my chest was to restrict my breathing, but it certainly beat the other options.

              “No,” Tiffany replied stubbornly.

              I sighed and turned back around to the counter; I probably had no choice but to wear the light blue shorts so that I could claim my clothes back from Tiffany.

              The shorts were just as uncomfortable as I imagined they would be; I constantly felt the need to push them down, the bottom half of my exposed by the skimpy clothing. “Ah, this thing…” I muttered to myself, tugging at the bottom of the shorts a few more times before hesitantly stepping out of the bathroom, the other pieces of clothing in my hand.

              Instantly, the cold air-conditioned air of the apartment room rushed in, assaulting the exposed skin. I flinched a little, taking a second to accustom myself to the sensation before continuing. “Yah Tiffany, at least give me back my shorts,” I said, carefully making my way to the bedroom.

              As I did so, I felt her gaze burn a hole into my skin. I wanted to walk back out and hide, but I knew that probably wasn’t going to solve my problem, so I just continued forward, face beet-red. When I was close enough, I tossed the night robe and the crop top onto the bed.

              “I knew that towel would be a problem,” Tiffany said in a disappointed voice, although her grinning face and sparkling eyes told a different story.

              I scanned the room carefully for my clothes. “Where did you put my clothes?” I asked, uneasily shifting my weight, tugging at the shorts.

              “You’ll have to do a for me first.”

              “What?!”

              I didn’t know it was possible, but I felt my face burn up even more; at this point, my brain went into overdrive. ? How was I supposed to do that, especially given what I was wearing? Should I just concede and sleep in what she gave me?

              Tiffany’s laughter interrupted my thoughts. “I’m just kidding. You’re so cute, TaeTae,” she said, taking out my clothes from underneath the blanket.

              Despite everything, something caught my attention. TaeTae? That nickname sounded familiar. Where have I heard it before? Wasn’t it something from elementary school?

              “Thank you,” I said, shaking off that thought and taking my clothes from Tiffany’s outstretched hand.

              “Are you sure you’re ok with sleeping in those clothes?” she said, standing up, “I can lend you—”

              “I’ll be fine,” I replied hastily. My distrust in Tiffany must have been evident in my voice or face because Tiffany laughed in response.

              “Well, I don’t have any actual pajamas because I sleep , but you can take whatever you find in my closet,” she offered.

              She sleeps ? Ok, now what was I supposed to do? Forget imagining her , what was I going to do when she was actually , laying in the same bed next to me?

              “Oh, so you were imagining me .”

              I wanted to punch myself. Couldn’t I just shut up? Why does someone as shy as me have a habit of randomly speaking my thoughts out loud?

              “I-I’m going to go change now,” I stammered in response, walking off with my clothes. It was only after I left the bedroom did I remember what I was wearing, causing me to immediately turn around. Just one glance at Tiffany confirmed my suspicions; her eyes were planted firmly onto me, and with her lightly biting her bright-red lower lip the way she was, her hungry eyes trained on me like a predator to its prey, I couldn’t help but again acknowledge Tiffany’s iness. It was all I could do to drown out the immense embarrassment that was assaulting my body.

              After changing and reentering the bedroom, I found Tiffany already laying under the blanket, her towel folded neatly on a window sill. “Can you turn off the light?” she said, her bare arms sitting on the blanket, which was pulled down so as to only reveal the top part of her chest.

              “Um …” I started, Tiffany’s words still fresh in my mind. If she was speaking the truth, then she was completely underneath that blanket. No matter how familiar Tiffany felt to me and no matter how friendly Tiffany was to me, I wasn’t going to just sleep in the same bed with someone I met yesterday, who also slept in the . “Actually, I think—”

              I felt myself involuntarily gasp as Tiffany removed the blanket.

              Remove that image from my head. Remove that imagine from my head. Wow, she looked—no, stop that. Holy , she was actually … but wow, her body was—no no no, stop doing that. I only met her yesterday.

              “You’re so cute when you’re blushing, TaeTae,” Tiffany said. I could clearly hear that she was advancing, but I was frozen. None of my muscles seemed to respond, and I could only stand there, eyes trained on the ground as Tiffany approached me. “I won’t let my guest sleep in such an uncomfortable place,” she told me, grabbing my arm.

              I reluctantly let Tiffany pull me onto the bed and under the covers; the last thing I needed was to give Tiffany more fuel to tease me with.

              I was hoping that if I closed my eyes for long enough, I would eventually drift to sleep. Unfortunately, that wasn’t to be; a few minutes after the light was turned off and I settled into the mattress, Tiffany suddenly grabbed my arm and pressed it against her bare chest.

              “Wha—” I gasped in surprise as Tiffany started to shift towards me, cuddling against my right arm. I felt my breath start to stagnate; the sensation of the soft skin against my arm was overwhelming me. I could barely think straight, much less fall asleep.

              Great. Well this is just perfect. Now what was I supposed to do? Just stay awake for the whole night?

              I first tried pulling my arm away, but Tiffany remained on my arm. I moved to extract my arm with my free hand before realizing what I would have to touch in order to extract it, leading me to ditch that plan. I then tried to pull my arm upwards, but Tiffany ended up shifting herself so that her head was resting on my shoulder.

              That did the opposite of help; now that her face was so close to mine, with her silky hair brushing against my chin, I could feel my heart race even faster. In a desperate attempt, I once again tried to pull my arm away from Tiffany, this time using a bit more strength.

              “Ah, Tiff—” I gasped as Tiffany shifted again, this time following the momentum of my pull and rolling on top of me.

              I completely lost the ability to breathe for two seconds. Her left leg ended up pressed against my right leg with her other landing between my legs, her head landing directly next to mine, her face pressed against my neck, and her … well, let’s just say I got to really understand how well-endowed Tiffany was.

              There was no way that Tiffany just did this in her sleep. Was she just messing with me? Ok, never mind that just breathe. Wow, Tiffany’s—no, stop. Just push her off and—

              “Don’t you care about me?”

              A fragile voice shattered the silence of the dark room. It bore so much weight behind it, I could feel the sadness in Tiffany’s voice. This was a completely different side to her; she was usually full of confidence and smiles, but that all seemed to instantaneously vanish.

              “Tiffany?” I said, turning my head towards her. Her eyes glistening, reflecting the moonlight softly pouring in from the window. The sight broke my heart.

              “Why?” she said again, hugging me even tighter. I tensed up, acclimating myself to the situation before reassuring her.

              “Don’t worry Tiffany, I’m right here. I’m right here and I’m not going anywhere,” I said gently, her hair softly. I felt Tiffany sigh against my neck and snuggle against me more, bringing out a smile on my face. “I do care about you, Tiffany.”

              A short silence ensued, followed by words that drained the color from my face. “Oh, you do?”

              “Wha—Fany, you’re awake?” I asked hastily, immediately removing my hands from her.

              She propped herself up so that she was hovering over me. I could feel her gaze on me, but I refused to meet it. Today must have been some kind of record for how many times I’ve blushed within just a few hours.

              “I’m glad to hear that you care about me,” she said warmly.

              “But, were you actually asleep until just then?” I said accusingly, trying to regulate my heartbeat by taking deep breaths.

              “Yeah; sorry, I forgot to mention that I usually hug something when I’m asleep, but I figured you wouldn’t mind if I hugged you,” she replied. Me attempting to calm myself down failed as I could feel Tiffany’s face approach mine.

              My head spun with a thousand different thoughts. I couldn’t focus properly, which only was made worse when I finally glanced at Tiffany to see her face just centimeters away from mine.

              My heart was pounding desperately against my chest as I firmly closed my eyes, pushing my head against the pillow in an attempt to create a bit more distance between Tiffany and me.

              She’s not actually going to do it, right? No, of course not, who just kisses someone who you only met a day ago? Then again, maybe this was the ‘love at first sight’ that people—no, don’t be ridiculous, why would Tiffany be in love with me?

              My thoughts were again interrupted by Tiffany’s giggle. Curious, I opened my eyes to see Tiffany still hovering above me but having already created distance between our faces.

              “Are you sure you’re straight?” she asked in a sing-song voice.

              “What? No, that was because—well, I mean, you were so close, so I thought—”

              “You thought I was going to kiss you?” Tiffany said, smirking triumphantly, “Did you want me to?”

              “I—”

              “If you want me to kiss you, all you have to do is say so and I will,” she said, tilting her head to the side like a puppy straining to hear something.

              I remained silent, head turned to the side, unwilling to look back up at Tiffany.

              “Aw, that’s too bad,” she said, laying herself back down on the bed next to me, “Good night.”

              “Good night,” I replied, tensing up slightly as Tiffany grabbed my arm once again. It was well before Tiffany fell asleep before I joined her in dreamland.

 

Hehe, I’ll leave you guys with that :D

I know that there isn’t really much to discuss in the story so far, but I just want to remind everyone of the chat function right above the comments section. As things start to pop up, feel free to use it and try and guess the secret(s) that Taeyeon and Tiffany are harboring.

Oh woops, did I reveal something that I shouldn’t have? Hm…

Anyway, thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed!

Edit: SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS LATE D: for some reason, when I uploaded this chapter, the 'Hide Chapter' checkbox was marked. I don't know when I clicked on that or what's up with that, but I promise to keep an eye out for that in the future.