Chapter 2 She's back, But...

Who Am I In Your Life

~ “Taeyeon!”

~ “Hi, Sica”

~ “Sorry I’m late”

~ “No, It’s ok…Let’s go?”



3 years has passed many things happened. After I graduated college I got a job in a café, actually I owned the café and Jessica Jung is my business partner and my girlfriend. Yes, my girlfriend… 


After Tiffany left for LA at first we always call each other, texting everyday it was great but one day she brought me news about her having a boyfriend. I was so down, I can’t stop my heart from braking into peaces. For many days past I was alone so lonely I kept thinking about her but one day I met Tiffany’s friend again Jessica we became friends. She helps me from feeling lonely she brought me joy and she comforts me I got so close to her that we became lovers we both build this café business. I guess I’ll never have the chance to tell her the truth so I decided to buried this feeling in memory.


~ “So what do you want to add for our next menu?”

~ “I’ll leave it to you Sica”

~ “hmmp…ok”



As we walked on the park having business conversation, I was looking on the ground while walking spacing out again. I’m always like this I haven’t changed much. so while we’re walking Jessica suddenly stop and I turn my head to see Jessica, I got bumped to someone.



~ “Ouch, that hurt” 

When I’m about to look to that person I got bumped, Jessica suddenly call the name of…


~ “Tiffany?! Is that you?”

~ “EH?!” shocked, I couldn’t believe it.

~ “Taeyeon? Jessica?, hey long time no see”



I couldn’t believe this after a long time I thought I’ll never see that eye smile again and now she’s here in front of me giving that smile in her face with a boy next to her. I felt so awkward I don’t know what to do I can’t even say a word. 



~ “ When did you got back?”

~ “I just arrived a few hours ago”

~ “so how have you been doing back in states?”

~ “Oh, it’s ok…I’ve been doing fine there...by the way I like you to meet Taecyeon my boyfriend" blushing showing in her face

~ "Nice to meet you I'm Jessica and this is Taeyeon"

~ "Yeah, Nice to meet you I'm Taeyeon"

~ "I'm Taecyeon It's Nice to meet you too"



--------at the café 


I was just silently sitting beside sica sipping coffee, stilling glances on tiffany while talking to Taecyeon and jessica. When I looked at her again our eyes met I suddenly turn my head to hide my face from turning into red. But I can’t hide this feeling that showing in my face looking at them so sweet, there's something in me that wants to explode. So I excused myself to go to the bathroom.



-what am I doing? Why am I feeling this way?... Snap out of it tayeon, you shouldn’t feel this way. especially when you have sica with you.


~ “Calm yourself tayeon”



After I calmed myself I went out of the bathroom and I saw tiffany and taecyeon is about to leave the café sica called me to say goodbye properly to them.


~ “Yah! What took you so long in there? Fany and taecyeon is leaving”

~ “Sorry, I was not feeling well”

~ “are you ok tae?” tiffany worried face

~ “Yeah, I’m ok…sorry I didn’t entertain you well but it’s nice to see you again” still feeling awkward



Bowing to them and making formal greetings, I can see fany’s worried face as I’m trying to say that I’m ok. But in that moment she suddenly grab my wrist and…



~ “Sica, can I borrow Taeyeon for a moment?”

~ “………”



Before sica and I can say anything tiffany pulled me and dragged me away from the café. We keep on running for several minutes. “Why the hell are we running?” is what I’m thinking but feeling tiffany’s hand holding mine and running this way it reminds me the day we first met, It kind of felt good.


For several minutes from running I couldn’t take it any longer I’m losing my breath and I’m so tired so I tried to stop fany from pulling me.



~ “W-Wait, Tiffany S-stop” out of breath

Finally she stop.

~ “Yah! Why did you drag me and making me run this far?”


When she turn around and face me I saw her teary eye and she starts to cry. I was so shocked that I don’t know what to do I mean “Why is she crying? We just run”.


~ “Y-Yah, Why are you crying?” Trying to calm her down

~ “TaeTae do you hate me?”

~ “What? Of course not”

~ “Then why didn’t you talk to me the whole time and you keep on avoiding me?”

~ “Huh? A-ahm”

~ “Do you hate me because I didn’t reply to your messages and call?...I’m sorry TaeTae for not trying to contact you, I lost my phone that time and I got stuck on my studies. I’m really sorry.”


Seeing her crying this way only makes my heart melt. I tried to reach her face with my hand to wipe her tears on her cheek.


~ “It’s ok, I understand…and I don’t hate you for that”

~ “TaeTae,…I really missed you so much” burst into tears again

~ “I missed you too”



I hugged her so tight it felt so great that I can hug her again in so many years I haven’t see her. It felt so good that I forgot to tell her about me and Jessica, I don’t even know how to tell her about this but all I know is my best friend is back.






------to be continued