Autumn Finds Winter – Veiled in Black – [Act.03 – stage 03]

[Re:write] - Blue Tomorrow #1 The Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10.48 am, December 30th 2135 M

- Osiris -

Kim Jaeduc and Jang Suwon stayed near the old magic circuit, read an old book with a cup of coffee, while the other one inhaled his half-length cigarette. Even though the war had already begun in the Crystalise, the other one which became The Sleepwalker’s target operation, Osiris, still calmed. There weren’t any movement did by The Sleepwalkers or Seleas’s Military Unit which got sent there.

”Even we have stayed 250 meters from the magic circuit, I still could feel its energy. It’s so amazing, just how strong that Lee Seunghyun guy whom could unsealed that magic circuit.” Kim Jaeduc spoke for the first time that day. He placed his book on his lap then sipped his coffee, while his eyes gazed at the magic circuit which surrounded by the red blood light.

”No wonder Mr. Shun like him so much. He’s special.” Jang Suwon replied, lighted another cigarette as the first one has finished.

”I heard that they sent Misty Blue Scorpion division and Silver Cobra division. Yet, they haven’t made any move.” Jung Jaewon butted in then took one of the cigarettes owned by Jang Suwon from his cigarette pack, and lighted it.

”Hey! I never give you permission to have one of it.”

Lee Jaejin shook his head as he saw his other two old friends bantered each other. He approached the one who still occupied with his book. ”Aren’t you all feeling bored?” He asked out of the blue, gained the other three’s attention, even Kim Jaeduc stopped reading.

”Bored?” Jang Suwon retorted.

”We’re facing that two divisions again, for the nth times.” Lee Jaejin said as he tightened his coat and put up his eyeglasses for better position. The snow rained hard in Osiris. ”We’ve known too much of their ability, so they did to us.” He continued.

”I didn’t really like it, but I agree with you, Four-eyed Man.”

A voice joined in the conversation, a voice which sounded so familiar to the four high ranked members of The Sleepwalkers. Four figures appeared soon after that familiar voice spoke. Two figures dressed in Seleas Military Unit’s ordinary uniform matched with long dark grey colored coat with a silver cobra crest stayed on their left chest. While the other two wore navy-blue colored long-sleeved shirt with a black cape on it. A light blue colored scorpion insignia on both shoulders.

”Finally you got out from your hiding place, four-eyed nobleman.” Lee Jaejin said while his eyes bored at the four high ranked soldiers of Seleas.

”I don’t know that you have a good relationship with them, Colonel Kim Jaebum.” Colonel Song Donghoon, the commander of Misty Blue Scorpion spoke.

”Not really.” Colonel Kim Jaebum replied. He eyed his long-term enemies in silent. Then he shifted his attention to the magic circuit which gained stronger energy than before. The light which looked red blood has changed into dark violet. ”What will you do when that magic circuit got activated?” The commander of Silver Cobra division asked one of The Sleepwalker’s members there, aimed for the one whom called him “four-eyed nobleman”.

”Nothing.”

”Nothing? Are you sure? Isn’t that magic circuit really matter to your main operation of this war? Said it, to unseal something in Quell?” Major Lee Wankyu, the vice-commander of Silver Cobra asked.

A smirk reached up on Jang Suwon’s lips as he heard that question, made he remembered what’ve been said by his leader days ago.

===

[Flashback]

            ”What’s make you so occupied with your own world, Shun-ssi?” Jang Suwon asked the long white haired man which stood by the opened windows in his room.

            ”Oh, Suwon-ah.” Hiruma Shun gave the younger man a brief look before he looked at the endless blue sky again. ”You’ll go to Osiris, right?”

            ”Ne.” Jang Suwon answered as he nodded. He took one cigarette from his cigarette pack then burned its tip, inhaled the poisonous smoke from the other tip.

            ”You must have known what your duty, right?” The older man asked again.

            ”Protect the magic circuit, right?”

            Hiruma Shun chuckled as he heard that answer which voiced out like a question. Jang Suwon who heard his leader chuckled, raised one of his eyebrows. ”What’s wrong, Shun-ssi?”

            ”Aniyo. Geunyang... your answer wasn’t the right answer I expected from you.”

            Jang Suwon eyed the older man with a confused look. ”Shun-ssi.”

            ”Now... maybe they have known that our main target is Quell. Don’t be surprised if your opponent give you strong-murdering attacks continuously because maybe... their goal isn’t only to erase you and your teammates, but erase that magic circuit too.”

            ”What do you mean, Shun-ssi?”

            Hiruma Shun looked at the younger man whom stood beside him. ”Yang Hyunsuk knew that the two magic circuits got activated not at the same time. We use the stronger one first before we use the other one, actually he has known it. So, they will put more strength in Crystalise to prevent us activate the magic circuit and place the ones with great ability of battling and great spiritual force in Osiris to erase the magic circuit so it can’t be activated.”

            ”Great ability of battling and great spiritual force, then it must be...”

            ”It’s just my prediction. Maybe, the 2nd and the 3rd Division will greet you there, in Osiris. Since both that divisions filled with many nobles.” Hiruma Shun said, followed by his small smile.

            ”They... again?”

            ”Give them your best, don’t think about the magical circuit. It doesn’t matter if they erase that magical circuit, because we have made the path toward Quell.”

[Flashback End]

===

            ”Don’t you talk too much, vice-commander of Silver Cobra?” Kim Jaeduc spoke as he closed his book. Being at the same place with Silver Cobra and Misty Blue Scorpion was the last thing he ever wish. Since the first time The Sleepwalkers made a move, he and his three friends whom together with him now was always confronted them, the noble divisions of Seleas.

            None made a move. Just staring contests between eight soldiers, four of The Sleepwalkers and four of Seleas. Second later, a huge mass of spiritual energy got possessed out from the commander of Misty Blue Scorpion.

            ”Then, it doesn’t matter if we smash out that old magic circuit, right? Since, you all won’t doing anything to it.” Colonel Song Donghoon spoke as he brought out his dagger from its place.

            ”We will let you do it.” The oldest of the four soldiers of The Sleepwalkers, Jung Jaewon said as he took a step forward. He removed his left eye-patch and opened his left eye. A circular magic circuit in it. ”Because our duty here wasn’t to protect that stupid magic circuit. Our main priority was... to end our ties which was bound us.” He continued. ”Bind them into nothingness, Crimson Severing Serpent.”

            A young man stood right in front of Jung Jaewon. He has long-white hair that changed to crimson at the tips, got tied up. A maroon colored bandana covered his forehead. He has muscular build, and didn’t wear a shirt, revealed his black tattoos across his arms and torso. He wore black pants decorated with simple stripes similar to his tattoos. He also wore dark-red colored straps on each wrist. In his right hand, he held a long gleaming sword with long crimson chain which connected with a small dagger which held by his left hand.

            ”I’ve waited for so long for you to call me, Master.” That young man said as he gave his master a look from the corner of his eye. Then he eyed four men whom stood a bit far from his place. ”Which one I should fight, Master?”

            Jung Jaewon smirked as he heard the question which got asked by his golden demon. ”The one with long dark grey coat and wears eyeglass, Rei.”

            ”Huh? I think you will fight me rather than him?” Colonel Song asked Jung Jaewon with a surprised look on his face.

            ”I choose him because... we’re in the same class, am I wrong?” Jung Jaewon asked as he eyed the commander of Silver Cobra division.

            ”Don’t put me at the same boat as you, commoner!”

            Soon, a great cobra appeared in front of them, gleamed in silver light, showed its sharp teeth as if it ready to bite whatever come across it.

            ”You’ve chosen the right opponent, Master.”

            Lee Jaejin closed his eyes for a while, then opened it. He could saw his other two friends, Kim Jaeduc and Jang Suwon moved then stood beside him.

            ”That vice-commander of Silver Cobra seemed a bit troublesome. You will face him, Suwon-ah.” Lee Jaejin said without asked for his friend’s opinion before.

            ”Are you sure?” Jang Suwon asked Lee Jaejin back.

            ”Should I say it again?” Lee Jaejin gave another question. He eyed the three remaining opponents, still do nothing. While the four-eyed nobleman and Jung Jaewon has engaged in the fierce battle. ”Since Jaewon has picked the leader of that division, I have no interest of that division. I will fight against the other leader.” Lee Jaejin said as he focused his eyesight on Colonel Song, the leader of Misty Blue Scorpion division.

            ”Then, I will face the only one remaining.” Kim Jaeduc tore off one of the pages inside his book then that paper turned into a long silver sword. ”Let’s move!”

===

12.08 am, December 30th 2135 M

- Crystalise Battle Field –

 

            Lee Hayi put down her white bow as she saw her friend lied down on the ground, lifeless. The second angelic member of 21 team had defeated by the enemy.

            ”Ah, you shouldn’t use that, Jinhwan hyung. Look, that beautiful angel couldn’t move anymore.” Chanwoo spoke as he saved his own dagger into its case. One of their opponents had defeated, but it’s still the other one. The one whom so good at shooting ice arrows.

            ”Use your stone magic to detect her.” Jinhwan commanded to his junior.

            ”It’s impossible!” Chanwoo replied. ”She’s too far from my reach, Hyung.”

            As Chanwoo finished his statement, two ice arrows flied toward their place. Jinhwan who saw it came first, fired the arrows with his fire magic through his rifle. His shoot succeeded, created a huge blast. Chanwoo who saw his senior’s show didn’t utter any single word. The moment later happened was countless ice arrows rained toward both of them.

            ”Stone magic: Marble Fortress.”

            ”Can you use your stone magic better than this?” Jinhwan commented. ”I can’t shoot from here.”

            Chanwoo knitted his eyebrows, annoyed by the oldest member of Stray team’s word whom stood beside him. His senior was always commented at how he use his stone magic, since the very first training day until now. Chanwoo still didn’t believe that he has to team up with Jinhwan. ”You won’t get her from that attack, Hyung.”

            Now, Jinhwan who got annoyed as he heard his junior’s stupid words. Deep down in his heart, he wanted to point his rifle onto the younger one so bad.

            ”You must have known it, Hyung. She shoot that ice arrows not only from one place.”

            ”It’s because of you, Chan.”

            ”Mwo?!”

            Jinhwan closed his eyes as he heard Chanwoo’s stupid protest. From inside the stone fortress made by Chanwoo, he heard the shooting arrows was still going on through the stone wall which surrounded both of them. One thing he thought about it, his opponent tried to freeze the stone fortress so that defensive magic could broke up.

            ”What do you mean by that, Jinhwan hyung?”

            Jinhwan sighed as he heard that stupid question. ”If you didn’t scatter that glass made of her magic, it wouldn’t like this.”

            ”Glass made of her magic?” Chanwoo questioned his senior for the nth time. ”You mean, that yeoja’s glass magic...”

            ”Her glass magic has resemblance with Hanbin’s mirror magic. Each of pieces from her scattered glass could reflected her friend’s magic. So, it is what happened with us now, Chan.”

            Chanwoo got silent after listening to his senior’s explanation. Then he remembered how his senior ended the life of the female soldier of Zero Division whom they faced without mercy. As his senior feared their leader’s mirror magic, maybe his senior feared that girl’s glass magic could harmed both of them. Then, just now... he proved it all so clearly.

            ”Then... how you could caught her? Even most of her attacks were a reflection, how could you find the true one?”

            ”It’s secret. Open up this stone wall, so I can show to you.”

            Slowly, Chanwoo opened up his stone fortress just to see all of their surroundings has turned into iceberg. Frozen wind blew harshly toward both Chanwoo and Jinhwan. Both of them narrowed their eyes as they saw a petite figure stood right beside the lied body not far from their place.

            ”You... bastards! How could you did that to Jisoo eonnie?!” Lee Hayi shouted angrily, got the iced ground beneath the three quaked.

            ”He... hey, Hyung, do something with this mess. Use your fire magic to...”

            ”It’s too late. How big your fire you use to melt this iceberg, you never got to do it.” Lee Hayi cut Chanwoo’s words.

            Then suddenly each four big pillars made of ice surrounded Chanwoo and Jinhwan, jailed them. As each pillar made a contact to each other, it formed into a block of big ice with Chanwoo and Jinhwan stuck inside it, then frozen.

            Lee Hayi crumbled down as she has used all of her spiritual force to activate her ultimate attack. ”I... never imagine I will use that to finish you two.” Lee Hayi mumbled as her eyes gazed at two big ice blocks contained her opponents, frozen inside it. ”Snow Moon: White Moon Coffin.” The wound on her left shoulder which she got earlier suddenly sent her an unbearable pain. Then her eyes gazed at her friend whom already laid lifeless on the iced pavement in front of her. Jisoo’s beautiful face still looked same even when she closed her eyes, even she’s no longer there. It was when she’s about to reach Jisoo’s face with her fingers, she lied down. Her gaze got blurred, only coldness she could felt that time. ”Eonnie, wait for me...”

            Just like that. The petite female soldier of 21 team closed her eyes for eternity.

===

            Both Hanbin and Bobby stopped as they saw Donghyuk who sat silently beside a brick wall near the dense forest, the promised place they should went to after defeat their own opponents. The ice-magician soldier of Stray team seemed drowned into his own world even he didn’t realize that his commander and vice-commander approached him.

            ”Jinhwan hyung and Chan have gone.” Donghyuk said in his lowest tone.

            ”We will mourn for them later. We’re still have something important to do now.”

            Donghyuk lifted up his head to face the leader of Stray team, Hanbin. He could saw the leader’s eyes didn’t waver ever once because of his teammate’s death. A bitter smile appeared on Donghyuk’s lips.

            ”You’re right, Hanbin-ah. They have... put their best.”

            ”So, where we will go now, B.I?” Bobby asked the leader.

            ”We will go there.” Hanbin said as his right index finger pointed at the hill which dense with trees, a bit far from their current place. ”Let’s go!”

===

            Choi Seunghyun let out his saliva which has combined with his blood harshly. His piercing eyes still gazed on the man named Mithra whom looked as bad as him. Bruises decorated his face, swollen lips, blood stained on the shirt and coat too.

            ”It’s enough, TOP!” Bom shouted in frustration. Since the beginning of the battle, only Seunghyun who faced Mithra. He never gave Bom a chance to put a hand on the battle, ever once. For a while, the battle between Seunghyun and Mithra stopped as both males heard Bom’s cry. ”Let me help you, TOP.”

            Seunghyun looked at the female soldier whom older than him in silent. Then, he gave his attention back to his opponent. If he could be honest, he’d rather to be alone facing that man. Actually, he’s surprised too when he knew the reality that the long-red haired woman named Park Bom engaged in the same battle field with him.

            ”Just let her in, TOP-ssi. I’m not the kind of man who loved to hear woman’s cry.” Mithra spoke as if nothing happened between them.

            ”I’m enough just to defeat you, old man.”

            Mithra didn’t reply to Seunghyun’s words. As expected from the vice-commander of VIP team, Choi Seunghyun. His calm yet arrogant demeanor was the most annoyed thing which Mithra despised most from the latter. Mithra’s eyes got narrowed as he saw Seunghyun took his smoking pipe out from his coat inner pocket.

            ”I assumed... you know well this smoking pipe’s ability, right?” Seunghyun asked Mithra, then placed the tip of the smoking pipe between his lips.

            ”Of course. I’ve get enough of that. The heirloom of Choi family, the Mist of a Thousand Miles. A manifestation-type black demon that creates illusion, the illusionary technique will begin when you start blowing smokes from out of the pipe.” Mithra answered with calm voice, while his brain kept calculating his next attack to fight against that illusionary technique of Seunghyun’s. Even the army owned by Seunghyun was only an illusion, but it’s still as strong as real human army.

            ”Fyuh... let’s get serious, old man.” Seunghyun said as he blew out the smoke from his smoking pipe. Countless soldiers appeared between Seunghyun and Mithra, held weapon at each soldier. All pointed at Mithra.

            ”Ouch!”

            Suddenly Seunghyun whimpered in pain as he felt a knock on the back of his head. He looked at the one who has hit him. Park Bom pouted her lips and crossed her hands on her chest as she showed her annoyed face toward the oldest VIP team’s member.

            ”What’s your problem, Noona?” Seunghyun asked angrily, forgotten his opponent.

            ”You’re really not listen to me, TOP? I said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter