What’s the lie, what’s the truth, what to believe – NOISE of RAIN - [Act.09 – part.02]

[Re:write] - Blue Tomorrow #1 The Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Choi Seunghyun’s POV]

          I opened my eyes for the first time after... I can’t remember when the last time I closed them. It took several minutes for me to focus my eyesight, as my eyelids felt so heavy. The first thing I saw was grey sky. I closed my eyes for a while, then opened it again. Still the same grey sky above me. Where am I? That words were my first question soon after I got my consciousness back. I tried to move my body which felt like rock. I got up slowly. This place, was so silent. None at this place. Not far from the place where I sat on, countless bone hills with a worn out flag hanging on the wooden pole which stuck on the top of the hill. Dark red pools on the ground. One thing became my conclusion about this place, a battlefield.  But why I’m here? As I remembered last time I opened my eyes, I lied in a hospital room – alike.

            ”Yo, Master.”

            A male voice called me. A familiar one which I always heard in my old days of training.

            ”Sorey.” I called that name in whisper alike voice. I traveled my eyesight all around the place but I didn’t find him. Am I hallucinating?

            ”So you still hear me, Master.”

            I heard his voice again. It’s a bit strange as I heard his voice which this time was so calm.

            ”It was a rough battle, wasn’t it?”

            I didn’t reply to his words. A rough battle. That must be the battle we engaged with The Sleepwalkers. I lost my consciousness when I battled with little Seunghyun back then, and let Sorey moved into Jiyong’s body.

            ”He’s really strong. I never fought against an opponent as strong as him.” He kept talking, reminiscence the battle he had with Seungri. ”And he must be got stronger when we fight against him again, soon after this.”

            ”What do you mean?”

            No reply. It felt like I’ve got left alone, in that silent place. Slowly, the sky got darker. The air got heavier, colder. A steady foot-step got closer to me. A tall, handsome adult with short black hair, a pair of sharp gold eyes which resembled snake eyes, dressed in a butler's outfit, which consists of black trousers, a six-button double-ed tailcoat, and a gray vest. A gold pendant with a maroon coffin on it around his neck and draped over his chest.

            ”It’s me, Sorey, Master.”

            Sorey? I asked myself. Those gold sharp eyes and that gold pendant with a maroon coffin, there’s no way I mistaken it. Those things belong to him, Sorey. But, the one who stood in front of me, looked like someone else.

            ”It’s my adult appearance, Master.” He spoke. ”Someone from Choi family did something which made me turned be like this. My real appearance.” He explained while showed his little smile. His gold eyes hovered over mine. ”And this place is your real inner world, Master. Maybe... it’s too much for you to digest all this sudden changes. But first, you’ve to go back to your world, Master. Your foster father will explain all things to you.”

            ”My... foster father, who?”

===

February, 22nd 2136 M, 08.04 am - Quell – Underground Storage Place

Medical room no. 03

[Normal POV]

 

            ”The operation has been succeed, Choi Raesung-ssi.”

Kim Ryujin, the best healing-type magician owned by Choi noble family retreated from his place, let the head family of Choi noble family to take a look at his son. To be exact, his sole nephew. Slowly, he saw his nephew opened his eyes.

”Good morning, Seunghyun-ah.” Choi Raesung greeted Seunghyun in calm voice as he showed his fatherly smile to the younger man. It took about a month to stabilize Seunghyun’s critical condition. ”How are you feeling?”

Seunghyun tried to get up slowly, he leaned his back on the bed head. ”I... may look better than before, right?”

Choi Raesung smiled a bit at Seunghyun’s reply. He could see that the younger one still looked pale, but that was a big progression since the first day Seunghyun laid on that bed in that room. Seunghyun still looked a bit confuse too, as for the current situation. How he got there and how long he has been asleep? How about his teammates?

”Seunghyun-ah.” Choi Raesung called, which made Seunghyun looked at him.

”Abeoji, there are so many things I want to ask you. But... before I woke up, I have a strange dream. In that dream, Sorey... said something strange to me earlier, Abeoji.” Seunghyun said.

Choi Raesung didn’t reply immediately. He took an apple from the fruit basket which placed on the table beside Seunghyun’s bed, didn’t forget the knife to peel it too. He started peeling and slicing the apple in silent. As he finished it, he offered a plate full of apple cuts to Seunghyun. ”What he has said to you?”

Seunghyun eyed the apple cuts on the plate. ”About... his true appearance and my inner world. I still didn’t get into it. Before we separated, he asked me to go back alive first. He also said that my... my foster father... will explain it all to me.” He still eyed the apple cuts when he spoke. He took one cut of the apple using the small fork, but he never let his tongue to taste the apple. ”What he means by my foster father, abeoji? He’s...”

Choi Raesung cut Seunghyun’s word immediately. ”He’s just a blabbermouth, isn’t he?”

Seunghyun gave Choi Raesung a questioned look at that statement. ”Abeoji...?”

”Did you know, Seunghyun-ah? I always love it when you call me “abeoji”. Since the first day I saw you, I never wish for another thing than to hear you called me by that nickname... even you aren’t mine.”

Seunghyun felt all of his nerves went numb, he didn’t know how to react to the last sentence he heard from the man in front of him. Almost thirty years, he grew in Choi Raesung’s care and upbringing. He couldn’t believe immediately when the older man said that he wasn’t his.

”You aren’t mine, but you still a Choi. Actually, you’re my deceased sister’s son.”

===

At the same time, in Seoulite

Seleas Governance Building – The Parhelion House

Executive Meeting Room

 

            Park Jinsang, the head of Council 165, sipped his morning tea in silent even in front of his unusual guest. Early in the morning, he already ordered his men to fetch the young man who sat across him. While the young man in front of Park Jinsang, seemed didn’t interest with the hot tea which served to him moreover in having a conversation with Park Jinsang.

            ”I thought the snow rain outside looked same even in this place, Lee Seunghyun-ssi.” Park Jinsang said as he put down his tea cup on the table in front of him. His guest still eyed the snow rain outside that room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter