Desire ruled over, the strength to take control, but the sacrifice came with a heavy price – [Act.02]

[Re:write] - Blue Tomorrow #1 The Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the enemy awoke inside, it ends tonight

When I close my eyes and I will realize that the enemy lives inside

The fight inside of me will end tonight

The nemesis inside will die tonight

===

[Seungri POV]

Grey cloudless sky, tall buildings which some of them has crumbled. I stayed in my current laid position for a while. Looked at the moon which was no longer colored in grey, it looked silver. A crescent silver moon. Distant melodies, a sweet lullaby, rolled with the waves beautifully.

”You’re here, Ri.” A pair of magenta orbs gazed down at me, followed by a sweet smile on her beautiful face.

”Where’s Aimer?” I asked her as I got up, but then felt something near at my feet, a firearm and a sword lied on the ground near my place where I stood at.

Kyuaran didn’t answer my question, her back faced me. It’s unusual for her to stay silent when she’s around me. ”So… you come here to meet her?” She asked without turned back just to face me. I didn’t answer her, precisely… I didn’t know what kind of answer that suited that question well. ”The last time you met Aimer, she asked you to come here again if you’ve found the answer. Have you found it, Ri?” Kyuaran asked carefully, after some of intermission.

”Not yet.”

This time, she turned around. Her usual cheerful expressive face has replaced with melancholic one. Her magenta eyes clouded. She’s like someone that I haven’t met before.

”Then… why are you coming here if you haven’t found it yet?”

”…”

”You wish to know the answer from me?” She asked without looked at me. Her right hand’s already held a firearm, the materialized firearm which was I used to use.

”Kyuaran…”

”You want me… to teach you the final release of my power, aren’t you?” She asked again, this time with a cold voice. She pointed her gun towards me. ”Or should… I say, the final release of our powers?”

”Wait, you know it?”

It’s came so suddenly, even I’m unable to blink my eye. Her bullet almost cut my right cheek skin if I’m not avoided it in the right time.

”Hey, Kyuaran! What’re you doing?!”

”That is something we must not teach you, Ri.”

A sound of crashed building created by her bullet’s attack interrupted our conversation. Followed by a shudder on the ground where we stood on it. Her gaze still as sharp as her bullet’s aim.

”Is that so?” I paused, her melancholic face that has turned into the cold one hasn’t change a bit. ”But, it’s something I must learn, Kyu.”

”You won’t be dead in the upcoming war with your current power. Why… you want to use final release of black demon?”

”To protect them.” I said shortly, in a single breath.

”Them? Who?” This time, it wasn’t the long braided-indigo haired black demon who asked me, but the long white-silver haired one. Her question came like a whisper, right on my ears. It’s true that I have got used by her cold demeanor, but heard her cold yet murderous voice still sent a shiver down my spine. ”Them… that Zero Division people?” Aimer asked again, with a question that never crossed my mind.

”How…”

”How we know it?” Kyuaran’s voice echoed. ”Haven’t you forgotten that both of us lived in your inner world for years? There’s none that know you better than us, Ri.”

”Even you have declared that you’re their enemy, you still want to protect them, Hyun?” Aimer’s mocking voice stabbed right in my heart. ”How pathetic you are!” She shouted, as her right hand pointed her long gleaming sword at me. ”Why should we care what becomes of the things you want to protect?”

I widened my eyes, shocked, I didn’t believe Aimer will said that kind of sentence. And the next thing I knew was Kyuaran pointed her firearm against me, shoot another her lethal bullet. Again, I should retreated from my previous place just to avoid her attack. It’s when I’m about to stand up, Aimer sent her murderous attack towards me. A cutting wind power formed in crescent moon shape. It’s tremendous, so powerful even my defensive magic spell got scattered so easily by it. Soon, our surroundings has changed. No longer grey sky, crescent silver moon, tall buildings surrounded us. It got replaced with awful lonely and silent gray world, enveloped in the darkness. Crumbled buildings scattered around us. Wilted leaves got flied away by the dry yet cold wind.

”Make no mistake, Hyun.” Aimer’s murderous voice came as the wind slowed down. A pair of piercing charcoal orbs of hers held my gaze. ”You… and both I and Kyuaran, aren’t trying to protect the same things.”

”What are you talking about, Aimer?!”

She didn’t answer, just gave me a sinister look. ”Which part?” She asked me back.

”You said earlier that you didn’t care about what became of the things I want to protect. I want to know what you meant by it.” I stopped for a while, as I saw Aimer narrowed her gaze towards me while Kyuaran looked away, didn’t look at me. ”I thought, both of you were lending me your powers to help me. Was I wrong? What have you two been doing it for all this time?!” I continued with a louder tone. I could saw Aimer’s cold expression still the same, while Kyuaran closed her eyes, held her own complicated emotion. ”Answer me, Aimer! Kyuaran!” I cried out my voice to them.

It took several seconds of silence until Kyuaran opened her eyes and faced me, showed her magenta eyes at me. ”It is exactly as it sounds, Ri.” Even her voice was soft and calm, but it’s still heard like a thunderbolt in the midnight, so dreadful.

”What?”

”Look at this world!” Aimer took two steps forward and blew away the fog that enveloped our surroundings, showed the dead-melancholic state of my inner world.

”Your world, where both, me and Kyuaran lived in, once a vast legion of skyscrapers piercing a sky filled with promise… has crumbled into the landscape of the dead town that surrounds you!” She said with an anger in her voice. Her sharp gaze still unwilling to leave mine.

”The hazy which perpetually troubled this world finally stopped and instead everything fled around into the tornado!” Her gaze got sharper, like it already stabbed my soul. ”All of this because of you, Hyun. Gave in to despair, self-blaming, and stopped moving forward for this five years.”

My body trembled, I tried to open my mouth but nothing came out. Slowly but surely, I heard a light steps approached me. Kyuaran’s soft hands reached out my face, brought me to look at her. Her magenta orbs has got soften. She caressed my face. Then she took my hands, gave me the firearm which she’s using during the previous attack that has turned into a handgun. I gave her a questioned look, asked for her explanation.

”Fight us!” Aimer commanded, as Kyuaran’s already stood beside her. She tossed her gleaming sword at me which was successfully got caught by me.

”Fight and beat you as you two are now?”

”Aniyo.” Kyuaran answered shortly. ”Your opponent this time is…”

”The two of us…”

”As one.”

The pink light that emerged from Kyuaran’s got fused with the silver light of Aimer’s, then created someone that I haven’t met before. A slender girl, has long indigo hair with silver color at the tip of it, sharp pierced pair of eyes with magenta envelope in charcoal crescent moon shape orbs in it. Her slim figure wrapped in black shirt with dark grey pants, enveloped in long silver coat. A pair of black colored hand gloves wrapped her long fingers perfectly. She held a long gleaming sword in her right hand, and a handgun in her left hand. The sword sheath hung at her left side waist, while the handgun’s case at her right side waist. She took two steps forward as her polished leather heels ticked the ground.

”What? What is that?” I mumbled as I looked at the very different person in front of me.

”We have always been together as one. Both of us are your own power.” She said, with the mix the calm voice of Kyuaran’s and Aimer’s cold voice. ”It’s so much easy for me to attack you with two kinds of weapon, but it’s not in your current state. So…” She paused as her piercing eyes looked at me. ”Which one you choose first?”

”I…” Neither, the handgun or the sword wasn’t the best choice. Never, in my previous trainings with both of them that I won against them, ever once.

”You’re took too long, Hyun. I think, I should use the sword first.” She placed the handgun inside its case, then held the sword hilt with a tighter hold. ”Don’t even think you can stand against me the way you are now, Hyun!”

In a blink of eye, she appeared right in front of my face, swung her sword towards my left shoulder. I could dodged it with my own sword, gave a gap between us even it’s small. She came back, with the attack stronger than before, aiming my right side. Her sword clashed mine just in the right time before it could tore my right shoulder skin. She stopped for a while, while her face made a frown.

”Go into this half-hearted… and you will die.”

This time she attacked me with her sharp bullet. It’s so fast, nearly cut my cheek skin if didn’t resist it by my sword. Her movement was so fast, too fast for my eyes to follow her. She’s not bluffing, either. Her attacks was stronger than I’ve experienced before. Is she trying to kill me? My eyes widened as a bullet danced so fiercely, approached me in the uncountable speed. It would be a lethal offense that couldn’t be avoided. As my hands got numb because of the panic, the fastest way to dodge that attack was to have a defensive magic spell to protect me.

”Way of binding number 81: Splitting Void!”

Then soon, a rectangular wall made of magic energy stood in front of me, just in time when the bullet made its arrival. As the bullet made a contact with the artificial wall, it made a loud blast, scattered the energy wall as well as the bullet itself.

”Ah… I forgot that you’re good at Demon Spell Arts.” She put back the handgun inside its case. Her face was emotionless, her piercing magenta-charcoal eyes still unwilling to give me a mercy. She held nothing in both her hands, stood silently at one of the tall building among the crumbled buildings.

”Hei, can I know your name?”

Her emotionless face still unchanged. ”I have no name.” She answered shortly. ”Shall we continue?” She asked as she unsheathed her sword, but this time she didn’t point it towards me. She pointed it to the ground, then slowly her hand dropped the sword. Just like a magic, the sword passed through the ground.

”What a…”

Soon two rows of giant blades rose up from the ground, while she stood at the middle between those gigantic blades.

”Final release: Vibrant Scape of Death Wind.”

After she said that words, the gigantic blades scattered into a millions of tiny blades, cherry blossom shaped blades. It flied beautifully, surrounded its wielder in harmonic movement. But then, those beautiful cherry blossom shaped blades turned into countless wind blades.

”Let’s see, how good you handle it.” She said as she moved her right hand, pointed me. Then the wind blades came over to my place. I held its attack with my sword. It’s so powerful, even I could heard my own sword started to cry out, unable to hold its power any longer. It moved so fast, but it also sharp enough to tear any kind of its opponent. Just like the combination of Kyuaran’s sharp cutting bullet and Aimer’s sword’s powerful and strong force.

”Is that all?” The wind blades has turned into its previous shape, cherry blossoms shaped blades which was danced in its own rhythm, inside the control of its wielder. It’s when she’s about to leave out the battle ground, I stopped her.

”Wait!” She didn’t move. ”Like hell that attack would finish me. You can knock me down as many times as you want, I’ll get back up every time. As many times as it takes to get that Final release as mine.”

”How amusing! You expect me to teach you anything with that feeble resolve of yours?!”

This time, the millions cherry blossom shaped blades surrounded us, and has transformed into complete swords rows around both of us. The air around us became thicker as I could sense the spiritual energy of hers has increased.

”You truly refuse to teach me yourself, then… I’ll just have to beat it out of you!” I tightened my grip on the sword hilt.

 ”It seems that you’ve taken this fight into serious, Hyun.” She still has her unperturbed face upon me. A sword each from the front, back, left, and right have pointed towards me, ready to attack me anytime soon. ”But… you still can’t lay a finger on me. Take this.”

As she finished her words, the swords attacked at the same time, attacked from each way, with the same power, same speed. It’s so fast, just like Kyu’s fast bullet. In this kind of moment, only one way that could be the rescue.

===

 

[Normal POV]        

It happened so fast, the sword’s attack also his movement of evading. The cold-self black demon widened her eyes a bit at the realization of the man whom she fought with has dodged her attack in the milliseconds time, left the sword hit his worn out coat of his on the ground. But, it isn’t hard enough for her to locate where her opponent stood. Soon, she sent another three swords with lethal speed right in front of her.

            ”Your Flash step is amazing as always, even you used Empty Cicada technique to fool me. But… you must have known me well, Hyun. I’m, the fastest black demon. As fast as you move, I’m still able to find you.”

            His right hand which held the sword covered in blood, as well as his left arm. Seungri stabbed his own sword to the ground to support his already crushed body.

            So strong, and her attack was so damn fast! Her sense of spiritual energy also sharp enough even I’ve used temporal stasis spell. I couldn’t even block it with my sword and gun attack.

            ”Haven’t you figured out the power gap yet?” The black demon asked him with her chilly voice. She took a better look on the man in front of her. ”Trying to force the answer out of me? Don’t make me laugh!” She sent another lethal swords toward him, but it got avoided by him. ”Are you just going to keep running away?”

More of fast-speed blades hovered in the area, and flied fiercely towards his direction. Blasts here and there created nonstop as the young man blocked the attack with his sword, his handgun fire, also his demon spell arts. He panted heavily as the attack already finished, at least it was what he’s thinking for now. It’s so dramatic, he’s already worn out, got beat here and there even he’s coughing blood several minutes ago. While the female black demon stood a bit far in front of him still looked same, like the very first time he saw her.

”You want to end this fight? I can do it, if you say so.” She questioned Seungri, while took several steps closer to him.

”Have I made myself clear before? The attack of yours wouldn’t finish me. You can knock me down as many times as you want, I’ll get back up every time, until I get that Final release.” Seungri straighten his body up, faced the beautiful cold-hearted black demon. ”Let’s play a little longer.”

”A little longer, you say?”

”Yeah. I really can’t take any more time over this! And I can’t spent my time in unnecessary fight. Let’s settle this here and now.” Seungri sheathed his sword. He took several steps backwards, then took the handgun from its case and pointed at the black demon in front of him.

”Why have you changed?”

The female black demon spread her hands, and soon the sword rows around us have blended, changed into an enormous wind then materialized to a gleaming sword on her right hand and a handgun on her left hand.

”Beats me. But you must remembered that you have told me before. If I want to master the final release of black demon, then master it. But why… you make it difficult to me?”

The black demon didn’t answer immediately. Her steel like gazing eye still unchanged. ”Is that so?” She put the handgun back in its case. ”You said that you want to protect them, Zero Division members, people that have abandoned by you. Then, why I should care about that?”

”Maybe you don’t.” Seungri paused for a while. ”I remember what you said.”

”Make no mistake, Hyun.”  

”You… and both I and Kyuaran, aren’t trying to protect the same things.”

”But here’s the things. You might not like it, but that doesn’t change what I want to protect. Whether it’s same as yours or not, doesn’t matter to me. I’m going to protect the things I want to protect!”

”Is that what you want final release for?” The beautiful black demon placed her handgun into its case, then gave her sword a tighten grip, ready to attack anytime soon.

”Yeah, it is!” Seungri’s grip on the handgun tighten. His index finger has already on the trigger.

For a nanosecond, Seungri got lost of her presence. But then, the gleaming sword tip has already in front of his eyes. He blocked it with the handgun in his hand.

What? Her sword… trembling…

 It’s like the black demon has known that her opponent had felt it, she put a strong force on her sword, strong enough to bring her opponent flied for several meters away from his place.

”Let me ask you this, Hyun. Did you say earlier that no matter how many times I knocked you down, you’d still get back up?” She asked him, without gave him a look.

”Yeah, I told you I wouldn’t go down. Not until I make you teach me the final release.” Seungri straighten a bit, lowering his hand. He put the handgun back in its case, then unsheathed his sword.

”And I told you that I have no intention of doing so!”

The female black demon flied toward Seungri, sent him a murderous magic force from the tip of her sword. With the same method, Seungri blocked the attack and gave his opponent the same attack of his. But, being the black demon, the original soul of the weapon he used, the female black demon who fight against him was faster than him. It was an attack which came so fast, even his own eyes couldn’t caught it just in time, create a huge blast. Seungri made a hug distance between him and her. He panted hard, as he felt the sting in his left ankle.

Why she’s doing this? If she really wanted to take me out, she could have done it way earlier in the fight. The power gap was certainly big enough. If she really didn’t want to teach me, all she had to do was stop the fight and disappear. It wouldn’t have been hard for her.

Seungri stood in silent. His hand still grabbed the sword, but he did nothing. He looked the black demon came toward him, her sword on her hand pointed at him.

So why? Why do I feel infinite loneliness streaming from her sword?

She approached him, got closer as time went by. Slowly, Seungri let go of his sword. His action happened so fast to his opponent to realize, as the long gleaming sword brought by the beautiful black demon stabbed her master’s body. No blood, no pain. Only tears.

”Well done, Hyun. You realized that the only way to attain the final release of my power is to allow yourself to be pierced by my blade.” She said, bowed her head, avoid eye contact with him.

”It doesn’t hurt.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter