caught it

Catch Me, Goalie Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a final act of saving face after losing the championship game, a proposal arose between the two soccer teams.

 

“I bet our goalie can catch every ball you send his way,” Co-captain Byun Baekhyun bet the remaining four members of the away team. Since the night was growing late most of the players had retired, either satisfied with winning or wanting to shower and head home to forget the loss.

 

Eight guys stayed on the field. Yifan, Luhan, Zitao and Yixing of the away team. The foreigners having scored twice as much as the home team. Baekhyun, Junmyeon, Minseok and Chanyeol of the home team. Whom had been undefeated until the unfortunate event. The elder two it was their senior year. Thinking they’d graduate with a perfect season only to have it ripped away stung.

 

“Yeah, if he hadn’t got a foul at the start of the game, he’d have caught your weak aims. You’re lucky Sehun twisted his ankle but his didn’t notice it,” Chanyeol chimed in, it being his second nature to back-up Baekhyun and berate his juniors.

 

Captain of the team Junmyeon kept quiet, not expecting their goalie Minseok to follow through with the stupid challenge, if the away team even agreed to it.

 

“What do we win?” Yifan asked. Despite being the weakest link of his own team, winning the game gave him a massive confidence boost. So he was more than willing to accept and win this petty challenge.

 

Chanyeol looked to Baekhyun, whom shrugged his shoulders. Junmyeon didn’t want part of this mess yet felt obligated to at least oversee the interaction. Minseok didn’t care either way. He felt so pissed at his careless error that caused him to not be able to play. If he could redeem himself now that soothe the ache of losing. But either way, they still lost the big game, and no petty back-and-forth remedy it.

 

Yixing scoffed from his standing position nearer to the bleachers. “Our team won, and you lost. Get over it. Don’t be a bunch of sore losers because you got what was coming to you.” He spoke, walking away from the group and towards the campus so he could meet the rest of his team who were boarding the bus to go home.

 

“Yeah, walk away. You’re just scared,” Baekhyun barked same as a chihuahua at the rival whom flipped him off as he walked away, not even caring to look back.

 

“Whatever, we do a couple rounds against him,” Zitao said, nodding his head towards Minseok. “And when you lose, you’ll know our win is legit.” He finished, maintaining the cocky air of his squad.

 

“No, when we WIN, you will cry, so shook that you won the match because our best player was on the ref’s wrong side today.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Baek, their bus is going to leave soon. We ought to do this another day,” Junmyeon whispered. He searched the parking lot behind them where the full vehicle bore the rest of the winning party and their chaperone whom was conducting a head-count.

 

“It’ll take just one shot and you will realize you’re wrong. Hurry. Luhan, you get it,” Yifan spoke up feeling he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter