Chapter 3 - Healing

Been Through
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3 - Healing

 

Chanyeol is seething in angry but before he can go after Luhan, Baekhyun nudged him. Xiumin carefully gets up, holding HoSook in his arms, her arms wrapped around his neck.

 

“Let’s not do something that will cause problems, Chanyeol. We have to take care of our HoSook.” Xiumin says, looking at Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen.

 

“So Chanyeol, let’s get her home.” Chen says softly, patting Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol sighs softly, nodding. Chanyeol leads the way out of the classroom. Xiumin is carrying HoSook, following Chanyeol. Baekhyun and Chen sigh and follow them after collecting HoSook’s things.

 

Their classmates watch them leave, whispering to each other about what happened. Chanyeol ignores them and leads the way to his car. Once they get to his car, Chanyeol unlocks the back door and opens it. Chen helps Xiumin and HoSook into the car. Xiumin is holding HoSook. HoSook is sleeping in Xiumin’s arms.

 

Baekhyun and Chen get in, Baekhyun in the front seat and Chen in the back with Xiumin and HoSook. Chanyeol sighs as he gets in the driver seat. He buckles up along with Baekhyun. He starts the car and drives them to his shared apartment with his twin.

 

Once they arrive at the apartment building, Chanyeol turns the engine off, getting out. He opens the back door and helps Xiumin get out. Baekhyun and Chen get out as well. Baekhyun walks over to Chanyeol, taking the keys. Xiumin is carrying HoSook as he and Chanyeol head to the front doors. Baekhyun locks the car as Chen opens the front door.

 

Chanyeol and Xiumin walk inside while Xiumin carries HoSook. Baekhyun follows them inside as Chen lets the door shut behind them. They all go to the elevator and Baekhyun hits the button for it. Chanyeol holds the door open as they all get in. The elevator ride to Chanyeol and HoSook’s floor is a quiet one.

 

Chanyeol holds the door of the elevator for all them to get off. Baekhyun leads the way, knowing the way to their apartment from how often he came over. Xiumin follows Baekhyun, carrying HoSook. Baekhyun unlocks the door and opens it for everyone to go inside. Chanyeol and Chen walk over after a moment.

 

Xiumin heads inside, slipping his shoes off as he heads to their living room. Chanyeol takes his shoes off, walking inside next. He goes to Xiumin and moves to take HoSook. HoSook stirs a bit but she’s got a tight hold on Xiumin. Xiumin shakes his head.

 

“It’s okay, I got her. Just point me to her room.” Xiumin says softly.

 

Chanyeol sighs softly, “Down that hall, second door on the right.” He says softly as he watches Xiumin walk down the hall.

 

Chen runs a hand through his hair, “I wasn’t expecting Luhan to do that.. Heck I hadn’t realized she dated him.” He says softly.

 

“She did, but he cheated on her and we caught him in the act.” Chanyeol mutters.

 

“He’s going to regret coming after her like that. Chen, you may have not gone to the same high school us, but Luhan was a real prick. He hasn’t changed from the teenager he was in high school.” Baekhyun says softly as he joins them in the living room.

 

“But that doesn’t give him the right to harass our best friend, either.” Chen says softly.

 

“He’s been doing since Senior year of high school.” Chanyeol grumbles.

 

“He better not mess up what Xiumin and HoSook have going on for them.” Baekhyun says after a moment.

 

Chen nods in agreement, looking at the time, “I gotta get back to the college. You guys stay here, I’ll get a cab. I got class in thirty minutes.” He explains, waving to them before he leaves. Chanyeol walks him to the door, shutting it behind Chen. He walks back to Baekhyun.

 

“I don’t have class for the rest of the day. I’m sure Xiumin and HoSook will be fine. Sorry, if I was acting weird earlier.” Baekhyun says softly to Chanyeol.

 

“No it’s okay. I don’t think anyone realized that we would know each other. I’m partially at fault as well.” Chanyeol chuckles, smiling gently.

 

“I’d rather things not get awkward around everyone.” Baekhyun says softly, returning the smile. Chanyeol nods, hugging Baekhyun.

 

“It’s hard not to want to walk up to you and hug you. You have this crazy affect on me.” Chanyeol mutters with Baekhyun laughing in response.

 

“You know, we will have to tell them soon. They might start putting the pieces together since they know HoSook, you and myself went to high school together.” Baekhyun responds back, laughing.

 

“You are right. But not today, not with what just happened..” Chanyeol responds softly.

 

“I know, I know. Just don’t Luhan’s words get to you either, okay? I know he hit low with what he said, but.. Just don’t give him the attention he wanted.” Baekhyun says softly, reaching up and placing his hand against Chanyeol’s cheek. He rubs his thumb against his cheek gently, Chanyeol leans into the caress.

 

“He had no right to say those things. You were there.. They were so disappointed to know I liked men and not women. And to top it off that their only children wanted to be musicians and singers rather than a doctor or lawyer..” Chanyeol mutters softly.

 

“I know, Yeol. They even liked Luhan as well. I know that they were the main reason why those two even dated in high school. Sometimes parents don’t understand their children when you think they should and would. It’s okay.” Baekhyun says softly, rubbing his cheek gently. Chanyeol just sighs softly, leaning into the rubbing. Baekhyun gently stops.

 

“Let’s leave these two be, yeah?” Chanyeol says softly. Baekhyun chuckles, nodding.

 

“Let’s leave a note at least. Some fresh air will do you well.” Baekhyun says softly. Chanyeol nods and heads to the kitchen, he writes a note before he places it on the fridge. Baekhyun and Chanyeol slip on their shoes and leave the apartment, holding hands.

 

~~~

 

HoSook slowly stirred awake, blinking her eyes, “Minnie..?” She says softly.

 

“Yeah, HoSook?” Xiumin responds against her ear, holding her. HoSook blinks, before a dark blush creeps along her cheeks. She loosens her hold on him.

 

“W-when did we get in my room? Where’s Chan?” HoSook asks softly, pulling back to look at Xiumin, who has a tight hold around her waist.

 

“Well, your brother drove us home. I think Chen left first and then it sounded like Baekhyun left. Not sure if Chanyeol left with him or not.” Xiumin responds softly, noticing the dark pink on her cheeks, giving her his gummy smile.

 

“O-oh. Okay.. I’m sorry for clinging to you suddenly.. I was expecting either my brother or one of his friends to be outside the classroom but instead I was ambushed by Luhan...” HoSook mumbles, looking away as her blush darkens. Xiumin brings a hand up, placing a hand on her cheek.

 

“I know.. It’s okay. I should have come to you instead. I know how Luhan is. I remember all too well. I’m sorry I couldn’t keep you save.” Xiumin says softly, rubbing her cheek. She turns to look at him.

 

“It’s not your fault.. Just because we know him.. Doesn’t mean we will understand him enough to know he would go to me like that.. I’m just glad to be safe... with you..” HoSook says softly, leaning into his hand.

 

“HoSook.. I should have said something sooner.. But I really like you. I’ve liked you for a while.” Xiumin says softly, rubbing her cheek gently.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter