Chapter 1 - Talent Show

Been Through
Please log in to read the full chapter

HoSook sighed as she looked at how much eyeliner she had left. She had just used the last of her eyeliner. She ran a hand through her hair, before making sure her hair is silky flow and her makeup alright. She leaves her bathroom to check up on her brother. She knocked on his door before opening the door.

 

“Chan? You awake?” HoSook calls softly into the dark room, only to get a groan from the bed. A lanky arm slipping past the blankets. She shakes her head and walks over to him. She gently wakes him up.

 

“Hey, we’ll be late to first period. You know the professor likes us being on time!” She explains to him as the male rolls over.

 

“Ok, ok, ok. I’m up, I’ll be down in a few.” Her brother tells her. HoSook, satisfied by him getting up, leaves his room to go get breakfast finished. Her brother and her share an apartment together and split the rent. Their parents kicking her brother out for coming out to them, but they hadn’t expected their only daughter, the twin to her brother, to leave as well. The twins were extremely close to each other.

 

Her brother took good care of her and knew how to help her when she was having an episode. She suffered from mild depression but she was getting better. She had just finished plating their breakfast when she heard the loud thumps of her brother coming downstairs. She sighed when she noticed his blood red hair still messy.

 

“Here eat, I’ll brush your hair.” She says to him, he just nods. As she went to get his brush, he sat down and began to eat.

 

“Wow, Sook, this is amazing as ever.” Her brother calls. She giggles as she comes back. She hums in response as she brushes his hair out for him. He fed her pieces of meat as she brushed his hair. Once she was done, she sat down and began eating as well.

 

“Hey, Chanyeol?” HoSook calls as she eats. He hums in response for her to continue as he eats. “Have you thought about what you are going to do for the upcoming talent show?” She asks him. The talent show their university holds every year for the seniors is part of their grade and to see how well their students are doing. They are allowed to form groups and compete, through the talent show has a requirement to pass their senior year.

 

“Honestly, I haven’t thought about it yet. I haven’t decided on if I am going to sing, rap or play the guitar or piano. Why?” Chanyeol responds back as he finishes eating.

 

“I don’t know. I guess I haven’t decided between singing or guitar.. Or maybe both? Haha. I do want to form a group.” HoSook responds as she finishes eating as well. She collects some of the dishes while Chanyeol collects the rest. They clean the dishes as Chanyeol thinks about it.

 

“If we do form a group, besides us two, who else would be part of it?” Chanyeol asks. HoSook had to think about this because her three best friends, Jongdae, Minseok and Baekhyun were performing together and called their group CBX. She looks to Chanyeol.

 

“I don’t know.. My best friends are performing together as CBX. What about your friends?” She asks her brother as they dry and put the cleaned dishes away.

 

“Well, Kris and Tao haven’t decided what they are doing, so I could as them. Sehun and Kai are both dancers so they might join us as well.” Chanyeol says softly.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter