Chapter 2 - Planning

Been Through
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Mentions of past relationship, mental illnesses mentioned. just a small warning.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Chan, I think you should sing as well.” HoSook says after a moment.

 

“If you want, I don’t care what I do. Are we doing an original song or are we covering a song?” Chanyeol asks.

 

HoSook hums, “We could write our our own song.”

 

“That’s a good plan, guys. We wrote our own song as well. But we aren’t letting you guys see until the show.” Chen says with a grin.

 

“That seems fair. Since you three are of your group, maybe you should go? Wouldn’t want the competition to hear our plan making.” HoSook says teasingly, earning a snort from Xiumin and Chanyeol.

 

“You’re right, Sook. We’ll see you later? Meet up about 7 for the movies?” Baekhyun asks her.

 

“I’ll meet you guys there.” HoSook says with a smile before Baekhyun, Chen and Xiumin nod and leave.

 

“Now to business. We’ll have to figure out the composition of the song before the lyrics, then the parts of the song go where.” Kris says.

 

“Of course. But genre. Are we aiming for romance or something?” HoSook asks, looking at Kris when he talks.

 

“Are you comfortable with something already or do it matter?” Kris asks.

 

“We can’t do a song on our friendship since HoSook isn’t really friends with you guys, so to speak.” Chanyeol says softly.

 

“We can still do a friendship song, Chan. Just can’t base it our friendships with our friends.” HoSook responds back.

 

Chanyeol hums softly, “How about we do song with more meaning than just friendship?”

 

“Like what? What do you have in mind?” Kris and Kai both ask.

 

Chanyeol looks to HoSook, “Well, about depression or something?”

 

HoSook is quiet, “Chan... I’ve got you and my friends.. Why doesn’t it have to be something like that?”

 

“Because I am sure there is other people that fight it just as much as you.” Chanyeol responds back. Sehun, Kris, Tao and Kai’s eyes go wide at this.

 

“Your twin suffers from depression? I couldn’t even tell.” Kris comments.

 

“You can’t see the signs.. But Chanyeol and I are usually always together.. Especially when we live together without our parents..” HoSook says softly.

 

“Then how do you know someone suffers from it?” Kai and Tao ask.

 

“There’s signs.. If you know how the person behaves and know their body language well enough. I’ve seen the signs.. They become enclosed on themselves, complains they are extremely tired and want to sleep the days away, start hiding themselves, their eyes become dull.. They even wear fake smiles quite a bit.. Oh, their favorite saying is ‘I’m fine’ or ‘I’m okay’.. when they really aren’t at all. Right, HoSook?” Chanyeol explains, watching his sister closely. Said sister, tugs at her sleeves of the turtleneck sweater she’s wearing, but doesn’t deny it.

 

Kris’s eyes widen at this, “Wow.. Chan.. I never knew, I’m sorry, HoSook. You can’t lean on us as well.”

 

“Thanks.. Don’t be sorry.. You didn’t cause this.. I got medicine and therapy that I do to help me cope with it.” HoSook says softly, Chanyeol is watching her closely, sighing.

 

“Anyways, you guys go head and get going. HoSook has another class soon. I’ll compose a song tonight so we can work on the lyrics.” Chanyeol explains.

 

“Alright, see ya, man.” Kris calls, patting Chanyeol on the shoulder before leaving. Sehun and Kai wave goodbye before following Kris out.

 

“Nice meeting you, HoSook.” Tao says softly before following the other three.

 

Once they are alone, Chanyeol looks to her face. “You did it again, didn’t you? You’re wearing something with long sleeves, I know what that means. What happened?” He asks, seriously.

 

HoSook freezes, looking at the floor, fidgeting. “I... I’ve been trying to tell my ex to leave me alone.. And it got really bad.. He was constantly calling me.. I even left my phone at home.. I’m sorry, Chan.. and you weren’t home and I didn’t want to bother you..” HoSook explains softly. Chanyeol sighs before getting up, bringing her against him in a tight hug.

 

“Just because I was out with my friends, doesn’t mean you are going to bother me by saying you need me. That’s what I am here for, to help and guide you. Please stop thinking otherwise.” Chanyeol says softly, HoSook carefully returns the hug, nodding.

 

“I’ll try.. I’m sorry..” HoSook says softly, gripping at his shirt. Chanyeol rubs her back comfortingly.

 

“It’s okay. Just please come to me, do you want me to talk to him?” Chanyeol asks her softly once she gently pulls away.

 

“Maybe.. You know how he is.. I have to get to class..” HoSook says softly.

 

“Let me walk you to class. I’ll be back after your class if I’m not, I’ll send Kris. He’ll protect you.” Chanyeol says softly, kissing the top of her head. He walks with her to class.

 

“Thanks, Chan..” HoSook says softly.

 

~~~

 

Chanyeol runs a hand through his hair before walking to the library. He scans the library when he walks in quickly finding someone who could him. He walks up to the male.

 

“Junmyeon!” Chanyeol calls to the male, walking to him.

 

“Um.. Chanyeol, right?” The male asks, now being known as Junmyeon.

 

“Where is he?” Chanyeol asks him.

 

“Where is who?” Junmyeon asks confused as another male walks up.

 

“Luhan. I have a few words to share with him. I'm not going to beat his .” Chanyeol explains.

 

“Luhan-ge? He's on his way here. Why?” the second male questions, concerned for his friend.

 

“Thanks. He needs to leave my sister alone.” Chanyeol practically growls out.

 

“Kyungsoo... I think it be best we find Luhan quickly. Remember that girl he dated back in high school? That's her twin brother, Chanyeol. He's rather protective and Luhan clearly hasn't given up on her...” Junmyeon explains. Kyungsoo sighs, nodding before he leaves.

 

Chanyeol runs a hand through his red hair with a sigh. Junmyeon paces. Minutes later, Luhan and Kyungsoo return. Luhan freezes at seeing Chanyeol, Chanyeol narrows his eyes at him.

 

“Why are you still texting my sister?! You have no right to talk to her. You lost it when you cheated on her.” Chanyeol growls out.

 

“I never cheated on her! That’s why I am trying to talk to her.” Luhan growls back.

 

“So what? That stark girl laying in your bed was what? An accident? Your sister? Hard to make that not cheating, Luhan.” Chanyeol growls.

 

“It was an accident! I shouldn’t have gotten drunk that night, alright?!” Luhan growls out.

 

“It was on

Please log in to read the full chapter