Chapter 15

Promise of the Past

Hana had arrived at the warehouse at 6 am sharp as requested by Joy. She froze at the sight of the warehouse. Her mind flashing back to her torture inside as she held onto her chest. She felt her heart beating erratically and her breathing labored. She took a deep breath before pulling the lever open as she stepped into the dusty warehouse. Just then, she heard a familiar voice. 

"Remember this place? There is a lot of memories that we share here. I brought you here to finish what I started years ago" Joy said as she appeared behind the stack of boxes. 

Hana glared at Joy as she said "You failed before. You will fail again. Oh! I have your pet here". 

There was Jennie a few metres away in Hana's passenger seat. Her hands and legs tied and gagged. 

"Hand Jennie over. I still have two of your friends with me" Joy said angrily. 

"You hand my friends over and I will do the same. Leave them all out of this. It's between you and me" Hana said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, what Joy didn't know was Hana's friends and Hirai Kaito's guards were also at the warehouse. They had parked their car far from the warehouse and walked so Joy wouldn't find out. Hana was the bait to distract Joy while they rescued Mina and Dahyun. They pulled open the back door and walked as slowly and careful so Joy couldn't hear them. They finally saw Mina and Dahyun tied up with their eyes blindfolded. There were 3 bulky men guarding them. They gave the guards signal as the guards hurriedly knocked the bulky men out.

The girls then took off Mina and Dahyun's blindfold. Mina and Dahyun were clearly happy to see them. They told them to stay quiet as they untied Mina and Dahyun. Due to being tied too long, Mina and Dahyun couldn't walk right so the guards carried them as they left the warehouse. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nayeon and Tzuyu stayed behind as they peeked from the back of the boxes. They gave Hana a signal as they saw Hana smile. They then left the warehouse in a hurry joining the others. Hana on the other hand was finally relieved as she smiled. Joy frowned. 

"What are you smiling for?" Joy asked. 

"It's over, Joy" Hana said. 

"No, it's not. Your friends are still in my hands. With one call, they will be 6 feet underground" Joy said. 

"Call then" Hana said. 

Joy pressed the number but she went into voicemail. She went to check herself and was stunned to see only ropes and gags were left on the floor. She then run out and pulled out a gun. 

"You may have gotten your friends out but you are not leaving" Joy said dangerously. 

*PONG* The sound of a gunshot could be heard even from where Hana's friends were as they froze.