Chapter 11

Promise of the Past

It was a picture of Mina and Dahyun unconscious and tied to a chair. A message was attached below.

*Kang Hana. Does this bring back memories? Your friends get to experience what you did. If you want them to live, in 2 days time, come to this coordinates alone. Until then, love J* 

Hana was pissed as she threw her phone against the wall shattering it. 

"Who's J? How does she know you? Why does she have Mina and Dahyun?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"We need to leave now" Hana said with a strained voice.

They headed to the lobby and got into their respective cars as they headed for Hana's house. They arrived at her place and sat on the couch as they watched Hana with concern looks. 

"Now, can you tell us what the hell is going on?" Momo asked. 

"It's Joy" Hana said. 

Her friends gasped. 

"It's not possible. She's in juvenile detention. She couldn't have gotten out" Jihyo said with horror plastered on her face. 

"It's very possible now" Hana said as she the television. 

Joy escaping was all over the news. Hana had received a text from her chief of bodyguards when she was in the car. Her whole family had also found out about Joy escaping. They were sending more bodyguards to protect her and she wasn't allowed to go anywhere without them. 

"What does she want with Mina and Dahyun?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"She wants to torture Hana. She knows exactly how and where it hurts Hana the most" Nayeon said. 

"I didn't tell you this earlier because it would sound ridiculous but I saw Joy at the ball earlier. I tried to go after her but when I finally caught her, it turned out to be Jennie" Hana said. 

"WHAT? That's impossible" Sana said. 

"She couldn't have gotten in without an invite. Security was tightened" Momo said. 

"Unless...." Nayeon said. 

"She had help" Jihyo said. 

"But who? She has no affliation in our school" Chaeyoung said. 

"It's Jennie" Jeongyeon said seriously.

"Think about it. She transferred at an odd time then she goes after Mina. She just suddenly finds cable ties when there are rope and other materials around. Now, when Hana sees Joy at the ball and captures her, she finds Jennie in the same mask. I'm not wrong. She and Joy are on the same team" Jeongyeon deduced. 

Hana grips her fists in anger. JENNIE KIM. JOY PARK. If the two of you are really in this together, I will kill both of you and feed you to the sharks. 

"Momo unnie, I need you to call your uncle. Tell him I need a favour" Hana said. 

"Hana, don't. My uncle will not accept your favour without a price" Momo said. 

"I have no choice. In order to catch a deer, I need a lion. Your uncle's gang will do. Tell him I have something he wants" Hana said. 

Momo has no choice but to agree. 

"Jihyo unnie, call your father and ask him to get me the best team of lawyers he has. Once I'm done with her, I will make sure she stays in jail forever" Hana says dangerously. 

Hana told everyone to go to bed. She had kept some of their clothes in her drawers from the time they slept over. Hana on the other hand sat in her office. She was too furious to sleep comfortably. Just then, her phone rang. It was Momo's uncle. 

Momo's uncle. Hana. 

^It's been a while, Hirai Kaito^

^Kang Hana. You have a lot of nerves. My niece called me earlier stating you need a favour. What exactly do you have that I want?^ 

^How about your long lost daugther?^

^HOW DARE YOU! You listen to me, you little brat. You better not play around with me^ Kaito growled angrily through the phone. 

^Calm down. I don't play around with this. I found her coincidentally. I can help you meet her but the rest is up to you^ 

^Fine, you win. Tell me what you need^

^I need you to hunt down someone. Jennie Kim. She has to be brought to me alive by tomorrow. I need some of your best yakuzas too^ 

^Considered it done. It is always a pleasure doing business with someone as annoying as you^ 

^I would say the same about you. Geez! For someone as old as you, you try too hard to be young. I will keep my end of the bargain^

The call ended. The sun had already risen without Hana knowing. Jihyo walked in and looked surprised when she saw Hana still awake.