Chapter 14

Promise of the Past

Meanwhile, in xxx warehouse, Mina had finally woken up. Her vision hazy as she registered her surroundings. She freaked out when she saw her hands and legs were tied up and was gagged. She turned to the side and saw an unconscious Dahyun. She screamed but it came out muffled because of the gag in . She tried to move and used both her legs to kick Dahyun. Dahyun woke up startled as she finally realised the situation. Just then, a black haired girl appeared with a smirk on her face. 

"Ah, the both of you are awake. Well, that makes it easier" the black haired girl said.

Mina said something but it all came out muffled. Joy pulled the gag out of Dahyun and Mina's mouths. 

"Who are you? Why did you kidnap us?" Mina asked. 

"Me? Well, I am an old acquaintance of your best friend, Hana. You must recognise my name at least. I'm Park Joy" the black haired girl introduced. 

"You? You are the girl who kidnapped Hana when she was a child. I thought you were still at the juvenile centre" Mina said. 

"I broke out of there. It was relatively easy" Joy bragged. 

"Why are we here? I don't remember being....." Mina paused. 

She had remembered seeing Jennie then she out. Joy knelt so she would be on the same level as Mina.

Joy smiled and said "I guess you are starting to recall a bit of last night". 

"Jennie? Jennie is working with you" Mina said in disbelief. 

"Bingo" Joy said laughing like a deranged person. 

"Why? Why go so far just to kidnap us?" Dahyun asked angrily. 

"Why? Simply because I know how much you mean to Hana. I know how much it will kill Hana to think about what I could do to you while she searches for you. I enjoy the thought that she would live in agony" Joy said. 

"You were the one who should have appreaciated Hana as your friend. But you betrayed her. For what?" Mina asked.

"I WAS NEVER HER FRIEND. SHE AND I LIVED IN DIFFERENT WORLDS. ACCORDING TO HER, I WOULD NEVER REACH HER LEVEL. I WAS TRASH COMPARED TO HER" Joy screamed shocking Dahyun and Mina. 

She calmed herself down and continued by saying "That is why I wanted my revenge. I wanted to prove that I could drag her down and she wasn't better than me so I came up with my own plan". 

"You're crazy. Let us go right now" Mina demanded. 

"No can do. You see. The two of you are the perfect bargaining chips because I know Hana won't do anything to endanger her friends" Joy said. 

Just then, Joy's phone rang. It was Hana. 

Joy - red, Hana - blue Mina - purple 

^Miss me already? It's only been a day^

^You wish. I want to speak to Mina and Dahyun. I swear if you touch even a strand of hair on their heads, I will murder you^ 

^Oooo. Harsh words. Don't worry, they are still alive if that's what you're wondering^ 

^Good because I have two of the people you love in my hands. So, if you harmed my friends, I will send yours in body bags^ 

Joy paused momentarily. 

^Cat got your tongue^ 

^What the are you talking about!^ 

Joy received a photo of Jennie and Rose in gags and tied together. 

^How dare you! Let my cousin go. NOW!^ 

^I have just even the playing board, Joy. Now, put them on^ 

^HANA!!^

^Mina unnie. Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? How's Dahyun?^

^We're fine. We're not hurt^ 

^That's a relief. Listen to me, Mina unnie. Remember the book that I read when we first met. It's ending is the ending that we will have^ 

Mina thought about it for a while. It's ending is the ending we will have. Mr Darcy and Elizabeth was reunited again in the ending. That's it. She's giving us a clue. 

^Okay. That's enough. You got what you want. I'll see you at dawn tomorrow. You best be ready^ 

^I will see you tomorrow. Be prepared to stay in jail^

The call ended as Joy threw her phone against the wall smashing it in the process. Oh! I can't wait for tomorrow. Joy thought to herself.