Chapter 12

Promise of the Past

"Have you even slept?" Jihyo asked worriedly. 

Hana got up from her chair as she gave Jihyo a small smile. 

"I couldn't close my eyes knowing my best friends are being held against their will. God knows what they are going through. I will not let them go through what I had to go through. Not ever" Hana said.

Jihyo followed Hana out of the door as they settled in the living room. All their friends were already seated. Their faces were dark and they clearly lacked sleep. 

"What are we going to do? My head is already spinning from thinking about the suffering that Mina and Dahyun are going through because of a psychopath" Nayeon said irritatedly. 

"If Dahyun and Mina's family were to find out, all hell will break loose. They will be prepared to do anything to get their daughters back" Sana said. 

"Even killing" Jeongyeon said darkly. 

Hana sighed and gripped her head feeling an impending headache. 

"Speaking of which, Hana. What did you mean when you said you had something that my uncle wants. My uncle doesn't have any weakness that you can exploit" Momo said. 

"I guess it's time you found out too" Hana said which made Momo even more curious. 

"Your uncle was once married. However his wife left with their infant child when she found out how dangerous his work was. She had disappeared of the grid leaving your uncle devastated" Hana said. 

"How do you even know all of this? If it's true, why didn't my parents tell me?" Momo asked.

"Your uncle made everyone who knew keep it a secret. He didn't want to hear anything about them. You were probably still too young" Hana said. 

"So, what do you have on him then? After telling me all of this, what is your point?" Momo asked. 

"The infant child. Your cousin. I found her coincidentally recently. At first, I wasn't sure so I had someone check it out and it is her. You know her as well. You've even seen her a couple of times too. Miyawaki Sakura" Hana said. 

Momo covered in shock as everyone gasped. 

"Are you telling me that Miyawaki Sakura, our top candidate to take over Jihyo is my cousin. How can this be?" Momo asked dumbfounded at the sudden discovery.

"Well, it's true" Hana said.

"So, what did you ask him for in exchange for his daughter's whereabouts?" Jihyo asked. 

"I asked him to bring me Jennie by today. He should be done by now. And I also asked for him to lend me some of his best men" Hana said. 

"What do we do now?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"We wait" Hana said.