VI

Won't You Stay Til' The A.M?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan could only stare at his phone that kept ringing and vibrating. Bitter thoughts swarmed into his head as he chose to ignore the call, letting his phone plop down onto his stomach. It grew silent once more and Jeonghan was at peace. But that was quickly ruined again once his phone kept buzzing and ringing once more. His gaze shifted downwards hoping it would be someone different but it was still the same. His mother's name was the only thing seen on his lockscreen accompanied with two buttons; decline the call or to answer the call. He didn't want to answer it at all, he was angry that they never chose to answer his so why should he answer their attempt to come in contact with the son they forgot they had? It was a petty reason but Jeonghan felt entitled to be petty in this given moment. Again, he let it end by itself. He had other things to think of and he didn't want to add his parents in the pile of ever growing thoughts he'd never find the answer to.

But his biggest fear is that if he were to answer that call, he would crave Seoul. 

His parents weren't even at Seoul, but he'd still crave it as he heard his mother's Seoul dialect roll off her tongue carelessly.

He didn't want to leave, but a part of him craved the city life, his outings, and everything else. But then he thought about here. The simple life. The journey of him finding out who he is and what he can do without having to be babied or having things done for him. He wanted to see life through his own eyes rather than seeing it in perspectives he was envious of. Jeonghan could agree that he was absolutely narrow-minded and could only have his perspective shone in one area, but never the whole domain. His screen went black once more as he stared at his poor reflection on the black screen. He blinked once, twice, and then shut his eyes as a long sigh left his mouth. 

And again, it rang.

Lips pursed, his thumb hovered over the green button before pressing down on it, slowly bringing it up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Why did you choose to answer this call but not the other ones?" his mother replied snarkily, annoyance evident in her tone.

"Didn't know you were calling until now. The service here is terrible." Jeonghan paused, picking at his blanket, "Why did you decide to finally call now? Did you remember you had a son?" he retorted, stifling a snort that wanted to brush past his lips and fuel his mother's annoyance.

"The service here is terrible." she responded sarcastically and then sighed, "Jeonghan-"

"Why?" he cut her off quickly, sitting up. "Why?"

"Why what? I need you to speak more clearly to me."

"Why did you bring me here? Why did you lie to me and bring me here?" he asked, sitting up straighter, "Why did you bring me some place that I don't even remember? Everyone here remembers me but I don't remember anything. What did you want to gain from this? My surrender? My suffering that I have to go through because I don't remember people that obviously love me and care for me but all I could do is give them comforting words that I'll remember soon, but I end up not remembering? I'm stuck here looking like a fool as each day passes!"

"Jeonghan, I need you to listen to m-"

"No, I need you to listen to me!" Jeonghan snapped, feeling his own hand tremble as his frustrations were spouted out one by one, "I know that I'm still under your wing and I'm basically going to be under your wing until the day I die because I can't tarnish the whole Yoon legacy, but that doesn't mean you guys can toss me around and forget I exist and when you do, you send me off somewhere the whole Summer with no way back! I wouldn't have been this mad if you guys were here because apparently you guys remember them if you were able to send me here," he paused, inhaling deeply before continuing, "My first day here.. Why didn't any of you guys bother picking up? Too busy living your lavish life? Too busy traveling everywhere and making yourselves known while your son stays hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter