II

Won't You Stay Til' The A.M?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight peeked into the curtains. lazily shifting up his blanket, illuminating directly onto his face. As it warmed his pale complexion, one hand shot up as his face scrunched up distastefully, rubbing at his almond eyes with a soft groan. He didn't meet his grandparents directly, something went on that sent everyone inside the household to go into frenzy panic and left Jeonghan alone in the house. He took that opportunity to explore for a bit until another elderly lady walked in, startled by the male's appearance. He was redirected into his actual room, that actually was his beforehand, minus the bed that got changed. Even though he didn't quite know, it felt right; neat and tidy, everything in the same place he left it, aside from anything that he had as a child was probably packed up in a box for safekeeping. As he laid there, reminscing about his thoughts, his gaze shifted over to the clock that read 5 AM, and he whined into the pillows. "Why is it so early?" he mourned softly, looking out the window. The sunrise was barely starting, the colliding colors of yellow and orange hanging amongst the horizon while a dark purple hue decorated the sky above, signalling its turn over. The soft pantones shined vibrantly against his hazelnut eyes, staring at it in awe. The view is at least nice. With his elbow propped up onto the bed, he rested his chin delicately atop his knuckles, letting out a thoughtful hum as he tilted his head. His hair splayed out across his face, the static from the warm comfort of his sheets causing some of the strands to rise. With his free hand, he moved through the long tresses, before pushing himself off the bed, blinking away any tiredness left. "I'm sure the house is still sleeping," he mumbled, stifling a yawn, "I should explore before anything happens." he concluded, nodding to himself before pausing, "But do I trust myself?" he contemplated as he got off the bed and grabbed some clothes, then shuffling into the bathroom with a shrug. 

In his tired-induced state, Jeonghan stumbled a lot, sometimes bumping his foot against the counter, causing him to wince and take a breather. Other than that, he thought his bathroom experience went well. Aside from figuring out the hard way that the temperature on the shower went opposite ways; the hot side was actually cold and the cold side was actually hot. In conclusion, Jeonghan froze for a solid two minutes before mustering up the strength to change it to a steaming hot, thawing out his already cold body. His teeth continued to chatter even after he brushed his teeth and got dressed in a thin sweater, complimented with his jeans. As for shoes, he just slid on whatever he found in his suitcase and set out of his room.

The male tiptoed out, the soles of shoes making soft sounds against the floor but he was quick enough to reach the door and exit the house. The rural region was large that Jeonghan wasn't quite sure where to start. Looking around a few times, his mouth unconsciously parted in thought. Chicken coop, barn, that long trail that leads to the main road, and the other trail that leads to the forest. ... Chicken coop. He nodded, confirming his choice, though he wasn't quite sure if he was going to regret going over there. Sliding his hair tie off his wrist, he tied his hair up in a ponytail, stifling another yawn as he tugged down the sleeves of his hoodie. The smell wafted into his senses immediately, causing him to gag. His eyes watered, blinking a few times as he covered his hand with his sleeve, glancing around the area. As he walked around, he found the trail that lead to the coop. Just faintly from the inside, he could hear the coo from the chickens, along with a rooster call, signalling it was time for others to get up, but no one usually follows it, having been used to the call the rooster sings every morning. But that startled Jeonghan, the noise reverberating against his ear, letting it ring after in them. With his free hand, he grabbed at the lobe of his ear, shaking it to let the sound drown out. After, he grabbed the door, swinging it open unconsciously.

Bad move.

A soft, surprised cry elicited from his mouth as the chickens flocked out from within the coops, startled by the door slamming. One of them, the rooster decided to fling itself onto Jeonghan, causing him to fall over onto the grass, as it stood on his chest, its head cocked to the side. Jeonghan laid there, his elbows propped up for support. His eyes were widened in shock, inching his head back as the rooster's face came close to his, closing its close proximity between them and he was terrified. He held his breath, before screwing his eye shut, expecting the inevitable but the weight on him increased, causing him to open his eyes again, watching as the rooster sat on his chest instead, clucking at him before he felt another chicken fly atop his head, resting there. He blinked, confused, his fingers digging into the plush grass beneath them. 

"Clucks, Honey, get off him!' Immediately, they jumped off of him, running away from Jeonghan as fast as they could, especially because of the approaching member who extended his hand out, "You okay, Han?"

Jeonghan looked up, even as the sunlight blocked his face, he knew it was Hansol, "Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." he grabbed his hand that was gloved, pulling himself up, watching as Hansol's free hand patted at his slightly dirty sweater.

"You shouldn't wear your pretty clothin' out here, Han." he mused, "First rule of thumb, unless you know your way around and how to avoid large accidents like this." his hand moved up, getting rid of the small specks of grass in his hair. 

"Well, I mean, I didn't quite know what to bring since my parents.. were a bit vague. Said I was gonna be with my grandparents but I thought of father's only and well.. I don't really remember mother's side so I didn't think I was gonna be here." he admitted, Hansol nodding, a soft noise escaping his mouth. 

"Gotcha, gotcha." he hummed, waving his hand off in dismissal, "Just a heads up though." he chuckled, patting the other's back with his gloved hand, "Probably should head back in soon and clean up before you see grandma and grandpa. Well, I mean, they aren't gonna be up for another hour but, at least you'll be presentable for them if you want to be..?" Hansol trailed off unsurely, "I don't know, whatever tickles your fancy, I guess."

"I was gonna look around more, but I'll probably be back by then."

"Where to next?"

"The barn?"

"Ah," Hansol nodded, "I'll accompany you then, sometimes they get a little rowdy, especially at new faces. Then again, majority of them grew up along with you, so they're still pretty old but they've gotta remember a familiar face." he concluded, "Come, then."

Jeonghan followed his footsteps immediately, stumbling a bit over the mound of uneven grass but caught up to his side in no time. "Is Jisoo here too?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, he is. I dunno where he went. We have a tendency of separating as soon as we come here to help. So, he's out and about somewhere here. You'll probably see him somewhere here."

The elder nodded, as Hansol opened the barn doors, gesturing for him to go in first. The smell was just as overwhelming as the chicken coop, but it was seemingly much more tolerable. The sound of hooves patted against the flooring, creating small wisps of dust to go everywhere. In each stalls were occupied

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter