I

Won't You Stay Til' The A.M?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Jeonghan was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. 

Jeonghan could recall the excitement that coursed through his body. Last day of school, having went through the terror of each class, but somehow managing to skip a few at the very least, but passing with such a high grade, others envied him. He lives a good life; rich family, high status, spoiled rich kid, what else did he not have. He took pride in the money, the small material things he knew he didn't need, but delved in it. It was a blessing, a privilege, something he took for granted. His parents were famous in the industry business, and having such a busy life, it was usually money being placed in his hands to survive while they were gone. Jeonghan got too used to that and let himself be spoiled until it was suffocating. Never in his life has he lifted a pretty finger of his, he never saw the need to, same with his "friends" that cherished his status him deeply. It was possible that Jeonghan was the starring role, and he loves it. 

It wasn't until he got home that he thought his day was getting better. His parents were home, the house was lively as ever since they were gonna set off on another long trip and leave him home alone until whoever knows how long. Instead, they offered him a deal; a trip away from this lonesome home and off to live with his grandparents until school returns. Immediately, Jeonghan agreed, recalling his lovely grandparents from his father's side. His parents already purchased his ticket off and butted in that it was the grandparents from his mother's side, the ones he couldn't quite recall. 

The doctors said it was something called infantile amnesia. Jeonghan was born and raised at that house and he couldn't recall one bit. But, he moved away a few years later and a couple months of that, while he was showing his parents he could ride a bike, he fell off, hitting his head on the asphalt just as fast. Not only did his infantile amnesia mess up his head, but the impact from the concrete really jumbled up his memory, even tucking them in the back of his mind for safe keeping, though, he couldn't quite trigger them. Sometimes he just had to suffer through the whimsical nostalgia of his memories he couldn't quite get back, only having to be patient. His mind, or brain, was compared to a bouquet of flowers. The cortex was the stem of the bouquet and each flower was a designated spot of the brain; frontal lobe, parietal lobe, occipital lobe, temporal lobe, and cerebellum. The memories inside, the petals that would eventually fall in due time, kept them just as close together. Everything was safely stored, but he couldn't recall anything. 

Too excited about going on a trip and leaving his home, he ignored that fact, even though, he was very well tricked by his own parents. 

The plane ride was boring. It was always boring to him, even though it also scared him. Especially during take-offs. He had no one to hold his hand or calm him down, so, he had to face the cruel reality and let his eyes shut, the PA system being drowned out but the loud shrill of his own music that flitted into his ear through his earbuds. Blunt nails dug into the armrest of the seats, fingers eventually curling around the plush object, frowning but let himself be lulled to sleep. Halfway through the ride, Jeonghan awoke and stared at the window, admiring the sunset, admiring how big he felt being so above the world. A pleased smile managed to dance across his lips, feeling the bubbling excitement sprout in his stomach, humming carelessly along with his song, eyes fluttering shut once more, letting himself fall back to sleep. 

Now tying silky, long hair back up, the strands of blond falling out of his place as he thanked the worker with a smile, grabbing his luggage after the process was down and sighed heavily, his free hand was now holding onto the plush leather of his passport, lips pursed as he scanned the area. It really is crowded. Mom or dad didn't really tell me anything else about the trip. Well, they did, but I don't think I was really listening. Letting his combat boots scuff gently against the tiled flooring, he trudged closer to the waiting area and just vaguely, he missed someone holding up a card with his name on it. Looking around, his gaze was fixated on it, blinking a few times before walking over, even closer to the elder. Once he caught his attention, he bowed his head for a moment, a subtle smile appearing; yet it turned queasy and awkward.

"Yoon Jeonghan?" his gruff voice was indistinct against his ear, causing him to remain silent, deciphering the barely coherent sentence as the airport grew louder with cries of happiness or sadness, echoing along the spacious, yet suffocating building.

"Ah," he paused, "Ah.. Ah, yes, that's me," he stumbled over his words, opening his passport up to confirm with him, watching as he peered at the photo in the corner and then his name, giving the smallest of nods.

"I was told to pick you up and then drop you off." was what he said simply, folding the card, and discarding it in his pocket, "If you could follow me."

With hurried steps, he followed, suitcase trailing behind him.

/

The excitement was beginning to die down, instead an antsy feeling clung onto his very bones, feeling his heart thud against his chest. His fingers warily clasped and unclasped in his lap, his tongue swiping along his bottom lip unconsciously as his gaze drifted back towards the window. We've been driving for a long time. .. It honestly just looks like the middle of nowhere. Am I going the right way? Oh God, what's gonna happen? Scenario after scenario played in his head, scaring himself but also mentally cringing at his vivid imagination. All the houses from rich to average was dispersing into thin air as the man continued to drive, as if they never existed in the first place. Instead, he saw the blue sky and the region becoming rural, slowly, but all at once. "Are we.." he trailed off, keeping his gaze focused on the outside fo the car, "Going the right way?" he asked softly, tone laced with uncertainty as his index finger dipped inbetween the fabric, clinging onto the ripped part of his jeans.

"These are my orders." the elder spoke vaguely, shrugging loosely, "That's all I know."

The time continued to drawl on, it looked the same to him now. The atmosphere was quiet, tense even, with a side of awkwardness. Jeonghan was still growing antsy. Was this the right car? Maybe I'm not the right 'Yoon Jeonghan'. I really should have listened. This place looked bland. Hey, maybe it's just a large house in a secluded, peaceful area. Yeah, maybe. He eased up a bit at the thought of that, nodding silently. Jeonghan wasn't sure how many trees he saw on the ride over, but eventually it was all weeded out and grew "plant"-less in the respectful time. He was just hoping for something good.

"Stop's here." he heard him say, watching as he slowed down.

The latter blinked, confusion evident in his eyes. There was no building in sight, just a large expansion of grass, guarded by a barely suitable fence. Hesitantly, he got out, grabbing his suitcase with it. Staring ahead, he tilted his head, turning around to say there was a misunderstanding and to take him back, but the car's ignition roared back to life and off he drove, leaving a confused boy behind. The dust from the gravel swirled around him causing him to cough, fanning it away, face scrunching up. His long hair swept back as he looked at the vast expanse of land. It's pretty, but there has to be a mistake. This doesn't seem right. Jeonghan co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter