IV

Won't You Stay Til' The A.M?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, Hansol, come baaaack!" Jisoo whined, holding one of the towels in his hands, outstretched and ready to capture the boy.

"I'll buy you food after! We'll all have lunch, yes?" Jeonghan continued, a towel also in his hands as he lurches forward, determined to catch the child, but instead, fell onto the floor with a loud thump. 

A loud giggle interrupted Jeonghan's thoughts that processed the pain he was feeling in his stomach, before hearing the retreating footsteps that he knew was Hansol running away, elsewhere. He stayed still, drained from just trying to grab Hansol and put him into the bath. He was muddy, a mess, and Jisoo's parents are gonna kill them both for being terrible babysitters, specifically Jisoo because he was the older brother. Jeonghan felt a significant amount of weight fall on top of him causing him to grumble, which was muffled against the carpeted flooring. The two laid there in silence, hearing Hansol's light footsteps, accompanied with giggles. Two five year olds weren't all that keen about spending their Saturday babysitting Hansol, Jisoo's three year old brother, when it's perfectly sunny outside. They could be doing normal kid things and ride horses and play adventure games. But no, his parents decided to go do errands, and Jeonghan, coming over to pick him up to play, was dragged into the babysitting job.

"Jisoo," he began, squirming briefly, "Get off, you're heavy."

"No, I'm tired," Jisoo then yawned, stretching over him as he puts all his dead weight on him, "I'm gonna nap."

"Noooo," Jeonghan whined, "Let's noooot. We have to finish this before your parents come home, or we'll get in trouble!"

"You're right, but he's never gonna get in the bath, Hannie!" he protested, nose scrunching up.

Jeonghan moved his hands back, jabbing and poking at Jisoo's sides as much as he could, despite his position, careful of not popping his arms out of the socket and crying over it later. The younger giggled and squirmed off of him with a soft thud beside him before Jeonghan looked at him, blowing his hair out of his face with a huff as he rolled his eyes, "C'mon. you big baby, we gotta go!"

"But Ha-" the sound of a car door slamming shut was heard and they both looked at each other, panicked. "You get Hansol and I'll start the bath!" Jisoo yelled, jumping up onto his feet and running to the bathroom, the sound of the gushing water echoing within the household.

Jeonghan quickly got up as well and searched the whole household for Hansol, who was frolicking about, . "Hansol, Hansol!" he called out, desperate, as he kept his senses aware, in case his parents decided to come in suddenly, "I promise we're not gonna take a bath, we're gonna go play outside, I swear!" all of a sudden, he sees a head peek out from Jisoo's room, eyes filled with mischief before his grin was unveiled, cheeky and large.

"Outside? We're going outside?"

"Yes, we're going outside," the elder responded, exasperated as  he walked closer, "We're going --" he quickly wrapped the towel around him and carried him to the bathroom, "Into the bathtub, we're going!"

"No, no!" he screeched loudly, flailing his limbs about as Jeonghan avoided getting hit in the face by his arms. 

Both Jisoo and Jeonghan had their clothes discarded quickly as they settled in the tub with a flailing Hansol who tried to get out but Jeonghan kept him down, lips pursed as Jisoo quickly shampoo'd and condiiton'd his hair and washed him off, protesting weakly against him, sometimes scolding the younger about staying still. The water reached the rim of the tub, some of it falling out, dampening the tiled flooring. 

"Jisoo? Jeonghan? Are you guys just now giving Hansol a bath?" his mother's voice was heard through the thin door, causing them both to squeak.

"Of course not, mom!" Jisoo yelled and glared daggers at Hansol who squirmed away from them, "We're almost done!" he continued before his voice dropped down several levels, "Listen, Hansol, I'll bake you as much cookies as you want as long as you stay still, got it!?"

"And anything you want for lunch," Jeonghan chided, looking at the younger pleadingly.

"... Fine." Hansol grumbled, drawing closer to them, causing them both to sigh in relief and wash him much more thoroughly than earlier.

/

"Did I ever give you baths when you were younger?" Jeonghan asked suddenly, eyes blinking innocently as he watched Hansol drop the hay onto the ground in surprise, cheeks turning into a delicate pink color.

"Excuse me?" he stammered out, stumbling over his words to look at him properly.

Hansol and Jeonghan were in the barn, tending to the animals inside. More like, Jeonghan isn't supposed to be in the barn, he should be waiting for Jisoo but he was curious about something so he followed Hansol inside and decided to pester him some more. He leaned against the fence with a yawn, watching every little movement the younger made as he tended to every animal inside with care, it softened the elder's heart a bit as he watched. But that could only last so long until he asked him the question that's been bugging him for quite some time. 

Jeonghan tilted his head, "Baths, y'know. Bath times.. Did I ever give you baths, with Jisoo, of course?" 

"Er," Hansol paused, scratching his head, "You did, why?"

"I don't know. I had this weird dream earlier about that so I wanted to confirm." he paused, his smile growing cheeky, "So, you still have the birthmark shaped heart on your , right?"

"Jeonghan!" he protested, throwing his gloves at the elder, to which he snickered and caught, "Even when I was younger, even til' now, you're the reason why I'm never going to end up with anyone!" 

"That's a bit exaggerated," he teased, eyes flaring with amusement, watching Hansol pace about with a pout on his lips.

"Whatever, you're literally the epitome of embarrassing experiences and I am not going to stand around for you to embarrass me before I embarrass myself," he huffed, stomping out, leaving Jeonghan to smile, amused. 

Jeonghan slipped on the gloves after, muttering something along how he was denying that he was the reason why Hansol hasn't even had the decency to get with anyone. Once they were slipped on, he sighed loudly, stretching his arms above his head, leaning to the side for a moment, eyes fluttered shut, "Let's finish things up quickly," he cheered, more to himself as he picks up the bales of hay once more, setting it down in the open space of the barn, nodding his head, "Stack them up and then let the cattle out," he murmurs.

His independent work didn't last that long though.

The sound of the barn door opening resonated within the flimsy architecture, startling Jeonghan as the hay dropped down, specifically on his foot. He underestimated the pain as he yelped, tugging his foot away from the confinement between the bail of hay and the barn floor. Seething silently, he turned around quickly, sending daggers to whoever came in only to meet Jisoo's amused gaze as he lifts his hands up surrender, shrugging nonchalantly, despite the teasing smile playing on his lips. "My bad." he mused, "Hansol said you were in the barn, he looked a bit flustered too.." he trailed off, one eyebrow raised, "What'd you do to the kid?" he asked, hands clasped together as he leaned forward endearingly.

"Just brought up something embarrassing," Jeonghan replied through his clenched teeth as he shakes his foot in a poor attempt to get rid of the blossoming pain.  "Hey, next time, can you give me a shout?" he pleaded, looking at him seriously.

"Everyone has gone through that at least once, it was bound to happen to you at one point in the Summer."

"Gee, thanks."

"Anyway, what'd you ask him?" Jisoo asked once more, nudging the hay with his foot to the designated spot, "I'm curious, I hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter