The Table's Turn

Rekindled (DISCONTINUED)

- 2 years after the wish. Yunho is now 11 years old going on 12 and nearing middle school entry. -
 

RINGGGG
 

Yunho almost got trampled when the bell rang because everyone was rushing to their next class. He dreaded attending Math class because there was one kid named Heechul who constantly kicked the back of his chair. No matter how many times Yunho told him to stop, Heechul laughed it off as if it were a joke. Yunho slowly got up from his chair and slung his book bag over his shoulder hoping that moving at the speed of molasses would help his seat get filled so he could sit somewhere else, preferably away from Heechul. Unfortunately, as soon as he left his English class, Heechul bumped into him and Yunho dropped his book bag which was partially zipped up.
 

"Ya! What do you think you're doing? You just made me drop my book bag! I didn't do anything to you!" Yunho screamed angrily, for the first time.
 

Yunho was never a child to raise his voice. He was always the quiet, reserved boy who was the center of attention but not in a good way. The students in the hallway stood shocked at the scene in front of them. They never expected him to raise his voice because he never fought back when he was picked on. Even the teachers knew how he was. 
 

Heechul stood there for a moment completely phased by Yunho's protest towards his action. Then he remembered who he was and that sickening smirk that he was famous for crept up onto his face. Yunho, always a victim of fear, regained his composure only to be frightened by the smirk, knowing what was to come. Heechul walked over to Yunho's face and whispered, "What are you talking about? I didn't make you drop anything. You ran into me. You should really watch where you are going."
 

Yunho decided that he was sick of this bull, being picked on in some way by Heechul everyday without fail. Heechul was the main bully and everyone else were his followers. He had a reputation for being badass because his older brother had just entered high school and joined a gang. Everyone knew that Heechul's older brother Kangta taught Heechul how to fight so no one tried to get on his bad side. But Yunho had had enough of it. He decided that he was no longer afraid of Heechul and stepped up closer to Heechul's face. They were so close that from a distance it looked like they were kissing.
 

"You know good and well what you did. Don't play stupid. I thought you were better than that. You should man up to what you have done."
 

Heechul just laughed at Yunho's remark and everyone else laughed along with him. It wasn't so much that they thought it was funny but it was so that Heechul wouldn't single them out and they would become the next victim. 
 

"Wow, look at you. Finally becoming a man! Standing up for yourself I see. You should really sit back down because I will break your nose if you don't!" Heechul scrunched his face up in an aggressive scowl waiting for Yunho to react so he could have an excuse to hit him.
 

Yunho ignores Heechul's threat and bends down to pick up his book bag. Heechul sees this as a perfect opportunity to spark more anger in Yunho and decides to kick his bag. Yunho's books and pens fall out of his bag onto the floor where Heechul steps on them. This is the last straw for Yunho and he stands up and punches Heechul in the face. This was so much violence for elementary aged students but they could care less. It was always fighting about who was the better one and who was more manly.
 

Heechul stood up to punch Yunho in the face when the loud boom of a door opening occurred and he froze. T hey looked up as Mr. Yoon, the head of the English department, stormed out and gave each of them a stern look.
 

"How many times have I told you to stop this rubbish? Everyday you guys fight! It's getting very old! You guys need to grow up! To the deans office. NOW!"
 

Nobody ignored Mr. Yoon when he gave directions because of his serious and intimidating demeanor. Yunho bent down and pick up all his stuff and threw it into his book bag before walking away in a huff. Heechul took a little longer to walk because he didn't want to be too close to Yunho and also because he wanted to strut his stuff - er, whatever stuff he wanted to show off which was most likely this new leather jacket his older brother managed to get from bullying this one student at his high school.
 

When Yunho stepped into the deans office, the secretary alerted him that there was a phone call for him. He gently picked up the phone and soon discovered it was his mother. Yunho was scared to say anything because he knew his mother would yell at him that once again he is in trouble and that she might as well pull him out of school since -
 

"Yunho ah, are you listening to me? You need to come home right now. I have some very important news to tell you and there is someone who would like to see you."
 

Yunho could practically hear the smile on her face and knew it was something VERY big. He hadn't seen or heard any type of genuine glee from his mother for years. She always looked gloom and her smiles were always forced, no sincerity behind them at all. But then again he only saw his mother about 5 hours a day. He knew that something had made her happy and he was so eager to find out that he hung up, picked up his book bag and fled the school without permission.
 

As Yunho ran home, thoughts raced through his head. He wondered if a family with a child had moved into the neighborhood and his mother wanted to introduce them so that he could finally have a friend. But then again, the joy in her voice was much too evident for something as small as a new family on the  block. He wondered Did my father come back? Did he finally get his act together and apologize to my mother? He then thought about that and it seemed much more likely. Ms. Jung was a very strong, small woman. She held her ground for anything and always appeared cold to others. The only man that could make her happy was Mr. Jung. Yunho could recall the times that he had achieved something good in school and all he got from his mother was a meager, "You could do better," or "That's good." Yunho could rarely make her smile so he was even more convinced that the source of her joy was from his father's return. This made him pump his legs even harder, adrenaline cursing through his veins as he practically flew through the streets towards home. But what he saw when he stepped into his home was nothing how he expected. 
 

Sitting next to his mother on the couch was a strange man, face unfamiliar and 4 girls, each dressed in stunning attire. His mother was sitting there holding the strange man's hands. Yunho wondered why is my mother holding this mans hands? Only people who are romantically involved hold hands. He stared at the man in curiosity and was weirded out by the affectionate gaze the strange man was giving him. He almost blurted out what are you looking at but he bit his tongue so he would not be disrespectful. The strange man stood up and embraced him in a tight hug.
 

"It's very nice to see you Yunho. I see you're growing into a fine young man. I hear you're the man of the house." The strange man chuckled.
 

For some odd reason Yunho could sense that something big was going to happen. This man was speaking to him in such respect and even had his hand on Yunho's shoulder... like a father who was proud of his son. Wait... like a father? Would this man become his new father? Yunho had heard of stories of children who had step fathers and mothers remarried but since it was looked down upon in Korea, he couldn't imagine his mother doing it. She was still faithful to his father... right? Yunho shook those kinds of thoughts out of his head because he couldn't imagine his mother being with another man other than his father.
 

Ms. Jung stood up and hugged Yunho in a big hug. He hadn't gotten this type of hug in a long time and the way the strange man was smiling down at him created butterflies in his stomach. He had not been looked at like this in many years. It brought Yunho back to the time when he was 5. He had got lost at Lotte World when separated from his parents after a tea cup ride. Once he was found, his mother embraced him in a hug, much like this one, with warmth and care. The way his father looked at him was similar to the strange man's look. It was full of affection and pride. He couldn't understand why. Ms. Jung led Yunho to the couch and sat down across from him holding the strange man's hands again. They glanced at each other for a moment and Ms. Jung turned to Yunho after a subtle nod from the strange man. Looking down at the rug for a moment before looking up at Yunho, she began talking.
 

"Yunho, meet your new future stepdad, Hwang Dong Min! These are his daughters Hwang Miyoung, Hwang Hana, Hwang Eunmi and Hwang Hyoju! It's been really hard to tell you this but I've been dating Dong Min for a year now and I think we are ready to move onto the next step. I really love him and he loves me as well. He's a lovely man and I hope you grow to love him as well. I called you out of school because I think it was time to tell you that we are engaged and planning on having a wedding soon. I know that this is a lot to throw on you at once but I think we should have a formal setting for once together. So tonight we will have a nice dinner at Orange Vine in Gangnam! You'll join us right?"
 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay this took longer than I expected & it's not as good as what was in my head. I got writers block so I apologize for the long and drawn out, extremely detailed chapter! I will try to make it more dramatic & have less detail & more character interactive. This is my first fic ever so please be patient with me T__T I'm not good at imagining stuff so for the rest of this story I will make it more... relate-able (is that a word? O.o). I will try to base the story on my own personal experiences and maybe it will sound better? Idk.. T__T I hope you enjoyed it nevertheless! :D