Soulmates?

Rekindled (DISCONTINUED)

Do people always cry when they are in love? And if so, was it from happiness? Or bitterness?
 

The smell of  Kimchi fried rice interrupted Yunho's thoughts and he walked quickly to the kitchen to get his plate but stopped at the entrance when he saw Taeyeon hugging Tiffany from behind. As he walked away from the kitchen, their conversation caught his attention so he decided to stop and listen. He knew it was bad to eavesdrop but it was his sister after all and he was curious. Eavesdropping just a bit couldn't harm him right?
 

"I don't know what to do with Yunho. He seems to hate my father so much. I understand that he doesn't like the fact there is another man coming into this mother's life but he really hurt my father's feelings. He really loves Yunho's mother but Yunho cannot see that I guess. I think I remember Yunho's mother saying something about Yunho has been bitter towards men ever since his father left. How will he ever make friends if he's like this?"
 
"Well it wouldn't be a bad thing if he was a ladies man. I mean he is very cute if you ask me. He will grow into a very attractive and wealthy man. He will get a lot of girls then. And boys as well if we're not careful." Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon's joke and Yunho heard a smack and knew they probably kissed after that comment. Yunho was confused as to what they meant by and boys as well if we're not careful.  He figured it was some weird girl talk that he would never get the meaning of no matter how hard he tried.
 
"I feel bad for Yunho. I heard from his mother that he doesn't have any friends. That he often gets picked on by his classmates and comes home with his clothes torn and items missing. She told me that he never fights back and that he's a coward. I don't understand why he doesn't fight back when it will stop him from getting picked on." 
 
"Trust me, Yunho is not a fighter. You can see it in his eyes. He's a very wise and warm-hearted person. I don't see why he doesn't make friends easily. Whether those students know it or not, Yunho is more manly than they are. Maybe that's why they pick on him because he is something that they want to be."
Tiffany thinks about what Taeyeon had just said and silently agreed. Though she didn't reply to Taeyeon, she was thinking what if Yunho actually had a friend who was a guy? Would it cure his hatred for guys? She wasn't really sure if he really hated guys or if it was just a phase that he was going through. But his parents had split 4 years ago so he couldn't still be holding a grudge. She decided that it was time to make Yunho some guy friends.
 
 
"Hey, Taeyeon don't you have an younger brother? I think his name is Jaejoong, right?" Tiffany asked hoping that Jaejoong was around today. Kim Jaejoong was Taeyeon's half brother. Same mother, different father. When Taeyeon's mom moved overseas for work, Taeyeon was stuck with Jaejoong and her step father. Only what Taeyeon didn't know was that her mother had left her stepdad and moved overseas and got remarried. Taeyeon was stuck living with her stepdad and brother. Jaejoong was a quiet child but was adored by almost everyone in their neighborhood. He always got along with everyone and girls chased after him all the time. Though Jaejoong was "popular" he wasn't one to let it go to his head. He knew of his status in the neighborhood, among students, parents, and teachers but he didn't really care. He became shy at the slightest compliment and treated everyone with respect and refused to call anyone his friend. Tiffany figured they would be a perfect match because of their trust issues.
 
"Yeah! He's here. He's napping because he wasn't feeling well today. Should I wake him up? I was kind of thinking that I should introduce Yunho to him. I think they would make a perfect match." Taeyeon said the last few words in an unsure way almost as if she was expecting their friendship to fail from the get go.
 
 
Yunho heard this and suddenly ran away from the kitchen and up the stairs to find this "Jaejoong". He started opening all the doors on the 2nd floor until he got to the bathroom. He hesitated opening the door to the bathroom since it was closed but he did anyway. Standing in the shower, with the curtain open, was a young boy maybe about Yunho's age who was covered in soap suds. Yunho should have closed the door immediately but he was suddenly hypnotized by the way the soap ran down his back. The boy had skin the color of milk, as perfect as porcelain, blending with the color of the soap suds. He had jet black hair that was long and wet and stuck to his face and neck. Yunho had to swallow at the beauty and look away because he realized that he was staring at a boy. As he turned to close the door and small voice asked, "Have you showered yet?" Yunho turned to look at the boy who was now fully facing front. He was bothered by the fact the boy wasn't hiding himself from him because boys are not supposed to look at boys. Yunho stared at the wall and replied with a simple yes and turned to leave the bathroom but once again was interrupted by the boy.
 
 
"I'm Jaejoong. What's your name?" Yunho stopped and remembered that this was the boy he was looking for and turned around quickly.
 
"You're Jaejoong? I was looking for you. I was wondering if you wanted to be friends. I'm Yunho." Jaejoong stared at him with huge black eyes that sparkled. His eyes were almost like the mother's eyes in Bambi; radiant with warmth and sincerity. Something about the way Jaejoong stared at Yunho made Yunho nervous and fidgety.
 
"Sure. I'd like that. Umm... Can I continue my shower?" Yunho realized that he had been just staring at Jaejoong the whole time and quickly left, slamming the door behind him. Leaning against the door, Yunho could feel his heart pumping a mile a minute. He felt like he had ran nonstop somewhere. He slowly walked down the stairs in a daze because of what he had just seen. The scenes of Jaejoong's body covered in soap kept replaying in his mind. As he tried to shake the thoughts he reminded himself that he had a new friend. He didn't know what had just happened but he was feeling all tingly and because his mind as lost in the clouds, he wasn't watching where he was going and bumped into Taeyeon who was coming around the bend from the kitchen to the hall. Taeyeon looked alarmed at Yunho and asked if he was okay.
 
"Tell Jaejoong I hoped he had a nice shower. I'm going to be at the park down the street." Yunho said nonchalantly and left. Yunho didn't know why Taeyeon's only response to him was running up the stairs. As Yunho walked down the streets he couldn't stop thinking about Jaejoong. He figured something was wrong with him so he went to the basketball court to see if there were any balls left behind so he could shoot some hoops and get his mind off of his new friend. Just as he had shot about 20 hoops he heard gravel being crunched behind him and he turned around to see Jaejoong standing there watching him play hoops. Yunho was so startled that he dropped the ball and nearly tripped in the process. Jaejoong just smiled at him and all Yunho could do was stare. He had never seen such a shiny pearly white smile from a guy before. It was like he walked out a toothpaste commercial or something. Jaejoong stopped smiling and looked away.
 
"You're staring again Yunho," Jaejoong said softly. Yunho caught himself and stared at the ground in shame. He couldn't explain the tightness in his chest every time he met Jaejoong's eyes or the sudden butterflies in his stomach. Jaejoong slowly walked over to Yunho and touched his arm. Yunho felt his whole body tense and he jumped away from Jaejoong who looked hurt at the action.
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that," Yunho said apologetically. Jaejoong just stared at him with the same big eyed look he gave Yunho during the shower scene.  
 
"Oh, it's okay," Jaejoong told Yunho but it was obvious even in his voice that he was hurt. Yunho felt horrible about what he did but he couldn't help it. He stood there staring at Jaejoong who started to look uncomfortable and began shifting his stance from left foot to right foot. There was awkward silence following Jaejoong's comment and Yunho frantically tried to think of something to say fast before time ran out and Jaejoong walked away. But before he could say anything Jaejoong spoke again.  
 
"I hope we become good friends. From what I heard from my sister you're a good kid. Douchey at times, but overall good. I need a friend like that."
 
Yunho didn't know what to make of Jaejoong's statement since he was focusing on Jaejoong's lips as he spoke. He was amazed at how pink and pouty they were. He wondered how it would feel to have Jaejoong's lips against his and kiss like they do in dramas. Yunho suddenly caught himself and let out a gasp which left Jaejoong with a confused look on his face. Before he asked Yunho what was wrong, Yunho picked up and ran away at the speed of lightening. Jaejoong stood there wondering what it was that he had said wrong to make Yunho hate him like this. He sat down on the bench and felt like crying. It was the first time he had ever agreed to a friendship with someone and they blew him off. He began thinking of ways he could regain Yunho's friendship and thought about what Taeyeon had told him.
 
Yunho is a shy boy and he's never had any friends. Some of the kids pick on him because instead of playing video games like everyone else he likes to write in a journal, instead of killing ants during recess he likes to play with ladybugs, and during P.E. instead of using the bench weight he likes to use the dumb bells. While the other boys are loud and rude to girls, he is quiet and friendly with them. Although he doesn't show any interest in girls at his age, he frequents fashion magazines and talks about how pretty they look in this and that. I guess the other boys see him as feminine because while they are playing Yu-Gi-Oh cards he is looking in a mirror or listening to music staring out a window. He's quite manly aside from those things but he's sensitive. When you try to befriend him, be careful with what you say. He might take it the wrong way; that you are making fun of him instead.
 
 
Suddenly, Jaejoong thought of the perfect gift for Yunho~ A journal that's decorated with fashion and music notes. He ran home to ask Taeyeon to help him with it but when he arrived there was no one home. There was a note on the fridge that read, "Yunho wasn't feeling well so we went over to his house to drop him off. You are welcome to come over as well or you can just wait until I get back. Tiffany will be cooking dinner tonight. ^-^" Oh great, Tiffany coming to cook dinner usually meant she stayed all night and made weird noises with Taeyeon which prevented him from sleeping properly. But this was a perfect opportunity for him to give Tiffany his gift for Yunho. He would give it to her tonight and she would bring it back with her in the morning and give it to Yunho. There could not have been a better plan Jaejoong thought.
 
He thought for a moment briefly about what he should put on the journal since he didn't know who his favorite model was or his favorite color, flower or song. So Jaejoong made a quick guess and started looking through the magazines Taeyeon had on a stand for a fashion one. When he finally found one, he paused and wondered what type of fashion Yunho liked. Sophisticated? Boyish? Vibrant? Goth? He assumed Yunho liked sophisticated and vibrant so he went for that. While flipping through the magazine he wondered would Yunho like this model?  But he stopped thinking about this when he looked at the clock. Almost 3pm. Wow, time really flew. Jaejoong sighed heavily in frustration and rubbed his head.
 
Jaejoong stood there for a moment looking at the clock and calculated how long it would take for him to make the journal. He figured he would be done by the time Tiffany came over to cook dinner so he could give it to her to give to Yunho. Jaejoong ran up to his room excited, all ready to start on this journal. This gift would be from his heart to show him that he was a good friend and willing to be his good friend. He couldn't explain why he was so eager to do this journal but he knew in the end it would all be worth it. As he spread the materials he needed out on the table in front of him, he felt this giddiness that he hadn't felt before. It was like the feeling you get on Christmas morning before you open your gifts, only it was like five times more.
 
He knew he had to make this journal perfect, much like the receiver. He hadn't been this enthusiastic about ANYTHING before and he knew this was a good sign. Maybe they actually had a chance at being good friends. He started thinking about what his classmate Park Yoochun had told him. Nothing is ever a coincidence. If you meet someone and you click right away you are meant to be. If you click in every possible way you are soul mates. Jaejoong wasn't sure they were soul mates yet but there was something. Soul mates. He liked the sound of that word. Keeping the word stored in his heart, he set to work diligently on the journal hoping one day they would become soul mates.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I am so sorry this took like a week to update. I've been very busy with college stuff and my Entrepreneurship PPT, etc. I will try to update at least once or twice a week because I don't want to leave you subscribers hanging even though I should because you NEVER comment~ with the exception of one~ hehe Anyways back to the fic. I made this chapter a little longer than the previous chapters because of my delayed updating. The next chapter will be the start of the POV - ikr? finally - and it'll be Yunho's. I'm not really good at making POV's but I hope I can portray the emotions better in first person than third person. Also I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was a bit rushed so it's sort of choppy. T__T Please comment! It's greatly appreciated ^-^