A New Beginning

Rekindled (DISCONTINUED)

"Yunho, meet your new future stepdad, Hwang Dong Min! These are his daughters Hwang Miyoung, Hwang Hana, Hwang Eunmi and Hwang Hyoju! It's been really hard to tell you this but I've been dating Dong Min for a year now and I think we are ready to move onto the next step. I really love him and he loves me as well. He's a lovely man and I hope you grow to love him as well. I called you out of school because I think it was time to tell you that we are engaged and planning on having a wedding soon. I know that this is alot to throw on you at once but I think we should have a formal setting for once together. So tonight we will have a nice dinner at Orange Vine in Gangnam! You'll join us right?"
 

Yunho just stared at his mother and could not believe her words. Did she really just say she was marrying this man? THIS MAN?! Of all men she could have chosen, she could have chosen one that was at least half as good looking as his father. This man couldn't even compare to the charisma and strong manly aura his father emitted. Heads turned when Mr. Jung walked into a room dressed immaculate in those suits with a pocket watch he loved to wear. Yunho felt unexplained emotions rising inside of him. He hated this man so much. How dare he take away his mother? How dare mother betray his father and love someone else? It didn't matter that his father and his mother divorced. If your heart truly belonged to someone you would get married. His mother and father had gotten married and nothing could have changed the fact they truly loved eachother. True love was true love wasn't it?
 
 
Yunho felt his eyes beginning to sting with the near fall of  tears and turned around so that the awful man couldn't see him crying. He needed to be a man. He needed to show this Dong Min dude who was boss around here and that he couldn't just whisk away his mother without his permission. Yunho broke out into a run up the stairs and slammed the door to his room hard behind him. He lay on his bed and let out his first cry in a long time. He cried so hard that he barely noticed when his door opened and closed lightly. A warm and soft hand lay ever so gently on his back and his back lightly. Yunho suddenly became calm due to the touch and his crying subsided. He slowly turned and saw who the person was. It was no other than Hwang Miyoung, the awful man's daughter. He suddenly felt angry and yanked away from her.
 
 
"What do you want Miyoung? Did you come here to lecture me about how my running away was childish? Because if you are then I don't need your lecturing?"
 
Miyoung rolled her eyes and sighed simultaneously. "I am not here to lecture you. I am here to befriend you. I mean afterall you are my dongsaeng."
 
Miyoung said this in a matter of fact way and seemed to care less about Yunho's outburst than he thought. It was weird but suddenly he didn't feel so distant from her and actually felt like they had potential to be closer than he thought. Yunho pursed his lips as if he was thinking of something to say to her. When he couldn't think of anything he sighed. 
 
"Should I be caling you noona now or something? I mean after all you are my noona Miyoung." Yunho gave a little smile and Miyoung ruffled his hair.
 
"Please call me Tiffany. And yeah you can call me noona if you want to. But it's not a requirement or anything. Actually you can call me whatever you'd like."
 
Tiffany gave a big smile and Yunho was taken back at how cute she was. The way her nose scrunched up when she smiles and her eyes... Her eyes smiled on their own. No, no he shouldn't be thinking about his noona like this but he couldn't help it. He wished to find a girl one day who had a smile like hers. So genuine, innocent and full of joy. Tiffany caught him staring at her and laughed at him.
 
"What? What is so funny? Why are you pointing at me and laughing?" Yunho decided to pout so that he could be cute to her and she totally fell for it. She leaned over and pinched Yunho on his cheeks.
 
 
"Aigoo you are so cute! I feel that I will love having you as my dongsaeng. I want to introduce you to some friends of mine so go get clean and please change! You stink!" Tiffany scrunched up her nose at the smell of Yunho, who had p.e. first thing in the morning and accumulated  scent after a few classes. Yunho got so excited he jumped up and squealed in joy, practicaly falling over as he ran to the bathroom to shower. Tiffany laughed at him, and shook her head as she headed back downstairs to tell Ms. Jung that they were going out to meet some of her friends. Ms. Jung automatically agreed because she knew that Tiffany, the youngest daughter of the Hwang sisters, was extremely responsible and entirely capable of handling a pre-teen boy despite the fact that she was 15 going on 16. Having to grow up without a mother, she learned responsibility and independent ways.
 
 
Yunho came running down the stairs and when he got to the bottom tripped. Everyone laughed, including the strange man, and Yunho scowled. He walked out the house acting as though he was okay and the fall didn't hurt but Tiffany knew better. After they got around the corner, Yunho howled in pain holding his knee and tears formed in his eyes. Tiffany reached in her purse and pulled out a bandage and some disinfectant. After cleaning the wound, she offered to give Yunho a piggy back ride and surprisingly, she was able to carry him all the way to her friend's house.
 
************
 
Ding Dong. Tiffany rang the bell and a short girl with side bangs answered the door and urged them inside. She was cute as well with big eyes and clear skin. She was wearing pink pajamas and blue bunny slippers and had her short hair in two pigtails. Yunho was astonished that there were so many cute girls that he's never seen before. God, he was glad that he would get to see more now that Tiffany was his noona. Maybe he'd even find that special friend he was looking for. He was too busy thinking of a scenario that he didn't even notice that Tiffany was kissing the other girl. What?! Tiffany was kissing a girl?! A GIRL?!

 
Tiffany caught Yunho staring at her again and dropped her hands from around the others waist. He stood there kind of awkwardly while the short girl stared at Yunho with those big eyes of hers and smiled big. Tiffany looked back and forth from Yunho to the short girl and cleared .
 
"I'm sorry Yunho. I should have remembered that you were here. Umm... There is no easy way to say this but this is my girlfriend Taeyeon. Taeyeon this is my new brother Yunho." Tiffany's cheeks turned a bright pink and she turned and walked into the kitchen. Yunho stared at Taeyeon & meekly greeted her. He stood there hesistant of what to say to Taeyeon and then accidentally blurted out what he was thinking.
 
 
"You are Tiffany's girlfriend? But you are a girl, right? How can that happen?" Yunho realized his question after he said it and looked scared for a moment at what Taeyeon's reply to his question might be. Fortunately, Taeyeon just smiled but the smile seemed a bit forced.
 
 
"I don't know if I have permission to tell you this... But come here. Tiffany is going to make us lunch so she'll be in the kitchen for awhile." Taeyeon led Yunho to a private room that was next to the living room and told him to sit down on the sofa. Then she began speaking.
 
 
"Now I know it's not my place to say this because you were most likely raised to think differently but you should know that love is love. Love is love regardless of the person's gender or race, body size, status, wealth. When you love someone none of the other things matter. "
 
"But what about you and Tiffany? How did you know you loved her?" Yunho asked cautiously.
 
"Everything about her makes me happy. Seeing her smile everyday makes me happy, every hug from her makes me feel warm and protected, a single word spoken by her makes me swoon, a glance from her makes my knees melt, just a touch from her even if it's small makes my stomach have butterflies. And when we're together I see nothing but her. She makes me realize everything about myself that I didn't know before. She makes me feel so alive and energized. I could never ask for anything more precious because she's precious beyond comparison." Taeyeon concluded the sentence with a shaky voice and it took Yunho a moment to realize that Taeyeon was crying. Unsure of what to do, Yunho stood up and put his hand on Taeyeon's shoulder. 
 
"I know that you might have issues with our relationship. I will understand because it's not easy for one to understand the depth of love and how it can affect you. If you need time then I will give you it. I just ask that you do not be upset at our dear Miyoung-i. Please." With those words Taeyeon stood up and left the room. Yunho stood there for a moment trying to understand what just happened. Did Taeyeon really just pour out her heart at him? Did she really expect him at 11 to understand the whole concept of love? Of course he wouldn't be mad at Tiffany for loving Taeyeon. He thought that it was cute how much Taeyeon loved Tiffany, to the point she cried. He was reminded of the time when his parents were still together and his mother hugged his father saying I love you repeatedly crying. Yunho wondered if people always cried when they were in love. And if so, was it from happiness? Or bitterness? 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Did you know that this took a few days to complete? I was completely stressed on how to write this chapter & how to make it all interesting. Buh yeaa remember this is based on personal experiences and some things that are faux pas but I hope you at least enjoyed it. :D
The next chapter is literally a continuation of this chapter so when you read the next chapter it might be a bit confusing. So to try and help solve some of those issues I will add a tiny bit - I mean a tiny bit  - of the last paragraph at the beginning of the next chapter so you have some guidance! Comments are greatly appreciated! XD