Broken

Rekindled (DISCONTINUED)

- Flashback -  
 

Yunho hid under his covers trying to block out the sound of his parents arguing for the fourth time that day. Yunho wondered when they would ever stop fighting. The sound of his parents yelling was so commonplace that it had eventually lulled him into a deep sleep. He had awoken the next morning by the din of breaking glass, which caused him to rush out into the living room in curiosity. There he saw his mother crouching next to the fireplace with a broken plate surrounding her, shards of glass stuck to her green wool sweater she wore everyday at home. His father was standing in front of her with a glint of rage in his eyes. Without hesitation, Yunho's mother stood up and slapped his father across the face with surprising force for such a little woman she was.
 

Yunho screamed silently when he heard his mother say in a barely audible voice to his father, "You never do anything to help me and Yunho! I work multiple jobs and all you do is go out and have drinks with 'the boys'! Do you know how you're affecting Yunho's life? He needs a father and you aren't there for him! You might as well leave because having you here is the same as not!" 
 

Yunho's father stared his mother down with fury and replied to her comment with a backhand slap across her face. Yunho watched in silence as his mother lay crumpled on the floor tears staining her face.   
 

His father turned around and saw Yunho there. Yunho stared at his father in astonishment because the look in his eyes was one he's never seen before. It was almost like his father was a different person at that moment. His father rushed upstairs and came down moments later with a suitcase stuffed full of clothes and a bag of cash.
 

Yunho's mother stood up and yelled in a deafening scream, "You are not taking that money! That is all we have left!"  
 

His father proceeded to pack his belongings along with the cash. He grabbed his hat and coat and as he opened the door,  Yunho's mother jumped up and grabbed his arm in a silent, regretful plea for him not to leave. She held onto him with all her might and started sobbing when she realized it was no use.  Yunho's father kicked her off of him and left.  
 

She ran after him and screamed as he got in the car, "You no good son of a . Don't come back here! We don't need you anymore!"  
 

- End of Flashback - 
 

Yunho laid in his bed staring at the ceiling. It had been 2 years since his father had left him and he had nightmares of that day repeatedly but each ending in a different way. Yunho hoped that one day he would be able to see his father again but who knew where he was. His father had not even called him for this 9th birthday and when his parents were still together, no matter where his father was he would call him and wish him happy birthday.  
 

See, Yunho's father used to work for a law firm but it shut down due to a national recession which left the company bankrupt. When the economy picked up again, Yunho's father refused to look for work and claimed that his company would be able to restore itself before too long and he would have his job back. But, this never happened. Yunho's mother had to pick up an extra shift working at the dry cleaners to make up for the loss of income and this meant less time to spend with Yunho. Because Yunho's father never got another job, this stressed his mother out and they started to argue a lot. Yunho's father was never home really and spent most of his nights out and only came home about twice a week and during these times he was face drunk.  
 

Yunho's mother had quite a bit of money stored in the house's safe because her mother gave her it before she passed away.  In case an emergency occurred and they needed quick cash, she let Yunho's father know where the money was stored. He ended up sneaking money out of the safe little by little and this angered Yunho's mother. Eventually, the fights became about how Yunho's father chose money over Yunho and Yunho's parents divorced but not without a dramatic ending. With Yunho's father leaving with the rest of the money in the safe, it put Yunho's mother in serious debt because she was not able to pay off the debt that her ex-husband had left behind during those 7 months he was jobless. This led to Yunho's mother having to work 3 shifts in order to pay  rent, the car fee and buy food. She lost her job working at the dry cleaners and Yunho and his mother got kicked out of their home because she couldn't pay the mortgage. They moved into a small 3 roomed flat on the other side of town and his mother got a job at a bakery. Yunho had to enroll into a new school and he despised it.

 

Yunho had to walk home 3 days a week because his mother was working and could not pick him up. Yunho was never a popular child and often got picked on by his schoolmates while walking home. He would come home without his lunch box and his clothes scuffed and torn only to have his mother scream at him that he was a useless child and a coward for not fighting back. Yunho dreaded going to school because he would only get picked on and the teachers did nothing to stop the bullies except have them sit in a corner and hold their arms up. He hated walking home because they would do things to him that they could not do on school grounds.
 

Yunho sat up and rubbed his face furiously hoping to rub away the thoughts of the incident that has changed his life forever. He had been sleeping all day because there was nothing for him to do during summer vacation. He heard children laughing outside so he got out of bed and went to the window. He saw kids happily playing outside in the street and he wished that he could join them.  He wished that he had someone he would always rely on, someone who loved only him and someone who wouldn't leave him. In other words he wanted a true friend but he didn't know when he was going to find one. It seemed that every kid in the neighborhood hated him and he couldn't get away from it. He wanted to run away to a big city where there are tons of neon signs and the smell of food everywhere. Where he could meet that one person he dreamed of. Yunho wasn't the type of person who liked a lot of people around him. He was the type to truly love one person and then care about everyone else around him. He wanted that one friend that he could be happy with. He wished for it more than anything.
 

Yunho decided to lay back down and go to sleep once more. He figured that since his mom wasn't home yet and it was already 5pm that he wouldn't be eating dinner anytime soon. As he fell asleep, he started to dream about what he wanted his true friend to be like. Truthfully speaking, he wanted his true friend to be a girl; someone who he could marry one day and live in a big house with. Yunho wanted her to have shoulder-length black hair with big eyes like a deer, porcelain clear skin and be soft spoken. He wanted her to have a small waist and be a bit rebellious, but not too stubborn. He felt that that was the perfect girl for him and he wished that he would meet her soon! He fell asleep with a smile on his face and pictured them walking down the hall together.
 

"One day", he said to himself, "one day."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Omg I am so sorry this story is so crappy! I wished it would have a better plot buh eh, maybe it will get better as the chapters go by. I am sorry to disappoint everyone who read this story. I tried to cut out as much detail as possible and it's much shorter than what I had originally had. I kept getting interrupted & sidetracked while writing this fic so I'm even surprised I got it done... in 8 hours time T__T

I know I said it would be in POV buh idk when that will happen... Maybe next chapter. I'm not quite sure yet but I have to work with what I have. Sorry once again and I hope you liked it. Please comment if you read it! I need to know what I should put in the next chapter. Any suggestions? See you guys soon! :D