Now: Locked Up

Power Up

"Hey are you sure she's in this place?" Jimin asked.

"This place is weird and so far away. We should just go." Rap Mon suggested. 

Jungkook sighed. "I actually really need her help." They continued. 

 

The tall, double doors squeaked open eerily. It was dark and hollow inside, with only a stream of light exposed from the roof window. It felt more abandoned than ghostly. Right in the middle of the room was someone, laying on an open ended couch, in front of five, large candles.

 

 

I hear them come in. Waited a bit before turning around, excited. I ran up to them.

“Long time no see”, I said, smiling sincerely.

“Yeah, long time no see”, he stuttered, still locking his eyes on me. Before staring around the place confused. I can sense the judgement from the group behind, all being alarmed and slightly looking down on my slightly flirty and admiring attitude towards him.

“Why are you in this place? Is this part of your trip?”

“Um”, I looked away slightly. “That’s not important. You messaged me saying you need my help right?”

“Yes. I don’t even know how to say this. My sister… she’s in trouble.”

“What kind of trouble?” I asked.

He hesitated. “I don’t know why but she accidentally broke something that belong to the underworld. And now she needs to be punished by them. I asked my aunt, she can see certain prophecies, and she said my sister won’t get passed this because it’s really serious. But she told me to come find you and that you can help me. I know I sound ridiculous”, He almost laughed at his own words. I put my hand on his shoulder supportively. “It’s not ridiculous. I’ll help you.” I don’t remember the last time I was this nice to someone.

“Really? You’re wiling to help me?”

I nodded. He finally broke into a relieved smile. I looked back at the candles.

“But before I do help you, I need you to help me do something.”

“What is that?”

“I need you to go and put out all five candles over there”, I said pointing to the back of the room. He looked over at the candles before setting his eyes on me.

“Put out the candles?”

“Yes”

 

“Remember, you cannot touch anything else in that house. You only need to ask her to help you and that’s it. Don’t listen to anything else she says”.

 

“But my aunt… ugh, I can’t.” he looked down.

“Why not? You just have to put them out for me, it won’t kill you.” I tried to be convincing, not demanding. He stared carefully at the candles again.

“Why do I have to put them out? Why don’t you do it?” He uttered.

I sighed. “If I could put them out myself, I wouldn’t have to ask you to do it.”

“What happens if I put out the candles for you?”

“You don’t trust me?” I asked wearily.

“Jungkook, wait don’t do it,” Rap Mon yelled.

“You tell us why you want him to do this for you”, J -Hope said. I swallowed, taking deep breaths.

“I need you to do this so I can get out of here.”

“You’re locked up here?” Jungkook swallowed.

I nodded again.

“So you can’t leave this place?” V’s voice sounded from the group. I shook my head nervously.

“Why?” I kept silent.

“If you don’t tell us he’s not going to put them out,” Jimin added.