Past: Crowded and alone

Power Up

After what seemed like an hour, I plopped my head on the textbook.

“I’m dead,” I said loudly.

“You’re always dead,” my aunt replied from the kitchen as the sound of her washing dishes continued.

“This time it’s real.” I went to cover myself with blankets before falling onto the couch. Loaded with homework and not understanding any of it can be disappointing, considering I saw myself as a quite smart person sometimes. I could ask Jisoo but I don’t want to be that annoying friend and she’ll be studying hard, not checking her phone at all. It’s a Friday so I guess I can chill a bit, knowing I definitely will. I whipped out my phone and began scrolling through Facebook. It was all fun and games watching cat videos when my phone started ringing on full volume. My heart almost jumped out. I swore, before answering Lisa.

“Hello?!” I said loudly.

“Hey, are you doing anything tonight?” She asked.

“Um not really. Why?”

“Do you want to go to Big Bang concert with me tonight?”

“Oh um, yeah sure. I should be able to go.” I stuttered, knowing now I may not have any relax time.

“It’s because my aunt is sick and can’t go to the concert with me and now I have a spare ticket.”

No wonder it’s last minute. I’m just a fill in.

“Yeah sure I’ll come,” I said calmly.

“Okay cool! I’ll send you the details later.”

I always loved Lisa. Sometimes I just overthink, or people are just like that. After telling my aunt, I rushed into the bathroom to get ready.

 

I walked around the park, trying to look for the concert, while having maps out on my phone, after ringing Lisa a few times. Struggling to walk up and down small slopes, I finally found the line, from following random people. Everyone was hyped, with Big Bang featured accessories. I called her again, to be told to walk up the front of the line. Whilst I made my way there, my name was called out from somewhere behind.

“Hey.”

I turned around. V came up to me, with the rest of them following behind.

“Hi,” I said smiling. It’s always exciting to see people at these events, even though I’m not sure whether they actually like me or not.

“You’re here too.”

“Yeah, I’m here with Lisa.” V was one of the nicer people, mainly because he was in my house and I talked to him a lot when he was a new student.

“Oh she’s here too?” He was a bit more interested, unless I’m overthinking again. A few more words before we left, and I kept walking towards the entrance. The others never said a word.

After more searching, I saw her. Running up, we hugged and did the whole ‘how are you’ talk. The line went quickly, and soon we were inside. There were food stalls and bars around. We went for a toilet trip first, and also Jennie was here. We were by ourselves, so decided to go find her. The place was crowded, mostly on the hill slopes, where it perfectly faced the stage. After some calling, texting, and running around, we found her. And the obvious ‘hug’ thing going on again before we went to get drinks, which wasn’t about me, since I’m not even the slightest drinker. The night started to set, and stage lights getting brighter. We followed Jennie back to her friends, and along the way, we ran into V and the group again. They immediately up conversations, with all of them talking and chatting. I wasn’t event being looked at or that they didn’t notice me there, I just stood there awkwardly watching them talk. Soon, we left and went back to Jennie’s friends. I have seen them before, at events when we just tagged along with her. They were friendly and everything, naturally depicting a popular vibe.

 

The background music stopped, and sparks started along the front of the stage. Lisa and I both said our goodbyes, leaving Jennie and her friends on the grass as we had VIP tickets in seats. We ran to the opening gate to get tickets checked. We found our seats, brushing past people. After a while, there were still no signs of Big Bang on stage, only their music playing from the stage.

“I want to go sit with Jennie,” Lisa admitted.

“Yeah. We’re just by ourselves.” Maybe I’m a mood changer, which is probably why people don’t prefer to be with me.

 

The crowd was loud, chattering everywhere. Soon, the music stopped, and a voice from the speaker announced the stars of tonight. Fans screamed and cheered, the lights lit up and we watched as Big Bang appear from a rising platform onto the stage. Lisa was excited with her hands up. They blasted off with their first song, which the base uncomfortably vibrated in my ears. I soon got used to it. I knew some of their songs, and all the members so it wasn’t too forced, apart from that it was last minute notice.

 

After the show finished, everyone trailed out of the gates. The night was cold and late, with the area filled with people. It was lucky I had a jacket with me. We went to look for Jennie, dodging past people as we went the opposite direction. It wasn’t long until they saw us. I always get the feeling that I’m never part of their conversation but nevertheless, we all left, walking our ways. Lisa went to get picked up by her aunt as I took the train home.

 

*

 

 

I didn't proof read this so it's bad and it sounds like a diary... I really felt like I rushed through it... sorry

I'm more excited about the of this story.