Confusion

What If [Oh Sehun ft. Hwang Minhyun]

I am woken up by the sunlight on my face.

I look around and realize I'm in my bed, well tucked under the cover. 

Some words resonate into me mind 

« I'm sorry »

This seems familiar yet I can't replace who said it and why it makes my heart hurt like this.

I have a very bad feeling about this

I slowly get up and immediately my heart starts to hurt.

Memories of last night come flooding back.

The party, Sehun with Sooyoung, the truth and dare.

Then it all gets blurry from the moment I decided to drink more

"Well that explains why I never drank before" I mutter and I curse against the me from last night who decided to drown her confusion into alcohol.

By the way.... how did I get here?

I can't seem to remember what happened after, yet I am safely in my room, at home.

I'm missing something here.

I sigh and get dressed, thankfully it's the weekend so I won't have to go to class with such a headache.

I go downstairs, somehow self conscious, what will my mom think of me, I can't even remember if she saw me come back home yesterday, no matter how I got back home, it was for sure in not a very glorious state.

"Oh Yoora! You're up finally! It's almost noon! You hadn't slept that much in a long time" my mom comes out of the kitchen with a big smile.

I look at her a bit suspiciously, what does she know?

For sure if she knew I was drunk, it won't go so well, I would hear a whole speech about the danger and uselessness of Alcohol.

" You must have been really tired, when Sehun brought you back last night, you were already sleeping soundly, thank god he's strong enough to carry you"

I widen my eyes, not sure I heard well.

Half of me is shocked that Sehun took me back home.

The other part wants to blush crazily because he carried me in his arms!

"Ah..." I say, a bit unsure how to react

"He told me you watched a movie and that you fell asleep that's why he had to carry you back. You were apparently really tired from all the practice for the performance" She smiles "He's a really good guy Yoora, I know I joke a lot about you dating him, but if I were you; I wouldn't hesitate a second" she continues.

Without adding anything else, nor waiting for my answer, she walks back to the kitchen.

I stay like this, frozen in the stairs.

I don't know what to think anymore. 

So Sehun took care of me, he probably saw me in my worst state, lost in alcohol and he carried me back home and lied to my mother so that I wouldn't get scolded.

I sit on the staircase and cover my face

"So embarrassing" I mutter.

Suddenly a thought hits me, was it him who apologized, who said these words so full of emotion, of regret and of something else?

I stare at my hand; hoping I will finally get an answer.

And I'm even more confused that when I woke up.

 

-Next Monday- 

I haven't talked to Sehun for the whole weekend, I couldn't ask him about what my mother told me. I didn't dare. So I played dead and weirdly, it feels like Sehun did the same.

Minhyun quickly texted me to get some news, but I spent most of my weekend chilling and trying to make my headache go away.

I never have been so nervous before a Monday morning, I don't even know why I am feeling so tensed.

I prepare my stuff and head to school.

When I go out, I wait as usual in front of Sehun's house, it's our ritual to wait for one an other.

But after five minutes he's still not here.

"Oh Yoora!" Sehun's mom exclaim when she sees me as she was going out to get the mail. "What are you doing here? Didn't Sehun warn you? He went out earlier today" She tells me with a sympathetic smile.

I'm a bit startled, we always wait for each other normally 

"Oh, I see, thank you Miss Oh" I bow and I quickly leave to catch the bus, that I almost miss because of waiting like an idiot for nothing.

During the whole ride I wonder why he left before me, I'm starting to worry that maybe I messed up that night, when he took me back.

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to remember.

I finally arrive at school and the first person that I see is Minhyun.

"Hi" I smile happily, relieved to finally see one of my friend.

"What's up? You look terrible." Minhyun replies.

"Thanks" I say sarcastically "I just have a lot on my mind" I sigh.

"I'll take that as a way of telling me that you want to keep it for yourself for now" He raises an eyebrow.

I give him a thankful smile.

"Fine, fine" He says and gently nudges me "I missed you somehow, it feels like this weekend was so long.

"I know" I agree.

"So how was the party?" He asks casually.

I don't reply and stare at my shoes, I still don't know what to say about that party.

"Okay, I guess it's part of the whole mess that is in your mind, fine I won't ask more" He chuckles.

I glance at him and I am so grateful to have such an understanding friend.

We enter the building and head to our lockers.

But as soon as we arrive, we are faced with what could be an illusion.

Sehun is next to Sooyoung's locker and they are casually chatting.

I widen my eyes in surprise, since when are they friends?

"What did I miss?" Minhyun asks, as shocked as me.

"I would like to know to" I say as I walk in disbelief to my two friends.

Sehun seems to notice our arrival, yet he keep his eyes on Sooyoung, finally the girl sees us too.

"Yoora! Minhyun! How are you?" She asks, a huge smile on her face.

"Fine, and you?" I reply though my eyes are fixed on Sehun, this guy confuses me.

"I'm good, I spent a great weekend, and I was surprised when Sehun was waiting for me today too" She smiles even more and to my surprise, Sehun smiles back.

Since when does this kid smile to randomly?!

"You left so quickly Friday, I didn't get to say goodbye" Sooyoung continues "I was worried about you, but I'm glad you're fine" 

I let out a small smile, but my attention is totally taken by my best friend.

Did I do something on Friday night that I don't remember? What did I miss? Since when is he close to her?

I mean it's great!

Right?

I just don't understand, he looks like a whole different person!

"Well class will start soon, let's go" Sehun says something for the first time since we arrived.

But his words seems directed to Sooyoung only and they both walk away to the classroom.

"What the hell just happened?!" Minhyun exclaims next to me.

"I had the same question" I say totally dumbfounded.

"Did he just ignore us?" My other best friend asks again.

"I don't know anymore" I sigh and I walk to the classroom too, not wanting to be late either.

 

- Later - 

The day went by, but it was the weirdest day ever.

All Day Sehun stayed by Sooyoung's side, ignoring us almost, giving his full attention to the new girl.

Somehow I should be happy about it, finally he's showing her some interest, yet I feel uneasy. Something is wrong here.

But I can't voice out my concern to Minhyun or I would sound weird, and not to Sehun either, it's not like I get the occasion as wherever he is, Sooyoung is too, and this time because he seems to want it.

I just don't understand, how can things change this much in the course of one weekend.

And I'm also a bit hurt that Sehun let me wait this morning, I just wish he would talk to me, show me that I still exist.

This is so frustrating!

By the end of the day, I have exchanged less than ten words with Sehun and my questions are left unanswered.

He has a special practice for dance class so I don't walk with him back to our houses, but instead it's Sooyoung who comes up to me as I am taking my stuff in my locker.

"Hi Yoora, I was wondering if we could walk home together, I think I don't live too far away from you" She smiles brightly.

I agree and soon after we're both walking side by side in the streets of Seoul.

"So, um, I actually had something to say to you" She finally breaks the silence.

"Go on" I reply.

"Well, I wanted to thank you"

I give her a surprised look.

"Well you see" She continues "This morning, Sehun asked if I was free on Saturday, to go out. I don't know if it's a date, but I think it is!" She exlaims. "So I wanted to thank you. You know at first I thought you didn't want me to get close to him, but after Friday I think I was wrong, you really helped me! I don't know what you told him, but thank you!" 

She seems so genuine and happy, I don't know what to tell her.

"Ah... Well you're welcome I guess, I really didn't do much though" I say hesitantly.

"Don't say that! I'm really grateful! I finally feel like I have a chance now!" She continues. "You're really the best Yoora!"

I am at loss of words, but the other girl is so happy that she doesn't even notice it.

"I think our path separate from here, but really thank you again!" She says as we arrive at a crossroad. "I'll see you tomorrow then" She grins widely and starts walking away.

I freeze and I just watch her disappear around the corner.

My world is really upside down and I don't know what I should do now.

And for some reason my heart is strangely aching.

Would it be....

 

Jealousy?

 

 

 

---------

Well it's been a while since I updated! I apologize about that! I am a bit struggling with self confidence as a writer so yeah ^^ But the whole story is all ready in my head, I just need to write it XD