Confession or not?

What If [Oh Sehun ft. Hwang Minhyun]

I stare in disbelief at Sehun walking next to Sooyoung, enthusiastically talking with her about god knows what.

This has been going on for two weeks.

Two weeks were Sehun has been basically glued to the new girl. They are always talking, laughing. It's almost impossible to join their conversation and I tried.

Sehun isn't like himself. Something changed yet I can't understand what.

A few weeks ago he was telling me how he preferred for Minhyun, him and I to stay like this and now he's basically abandoning us. 

His behavior is so strange, I can't figure him out.

"Do you know what happened to him?" I ask Minhyun who's walking beside me.

"I don't know. I must admit it's strange. But wasn't it what you wanted?" He questions.

I don't answer.

It should have been.

"I didn't mean it like this. Not for him to act as if we don't matter anymore. It doesn't make sense" I say.

"I might have an idea, but I'll keep it to myself" He mumbles.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think he has a purpose, he's looking for something" He says mysteriously.

Before I can ask something else, we arrive to our class and Minhyun escapes before I can ask more.

I sigh and get to my seat.

It's math and we have assigned seat, it's the only class where I am guaranteed I'll be next to Sehun.

To be honest I'm feeling tired of chasing him. He always leaves to find Sooyoung, to talk to her.

Yes I am definitely jealous.

"Hi" I say and I just sit, for once I am ignoring him, not wanting to face once more the fact that no matter what I'll say, he'll make it about Sooyoung.

"How are you?" Sehun asks.

I look at him in surprise.

"Good, how about you stranger?" I say sarcastically.

"What do you mean?" He asks, totally oblivious, or that's what it looks like.

"Well it's not like I have seen my best friend a lot recently, you're always somewhere else, with other people." I try not to sound too bitter.

"I'm sorry Yoora" He suddenly apologize. "How about we grab lunch together later, just us two, I'll pay!" He adds when he sees I'm about to refuse.

I bite my lip "Fine" I accept "But only because you're paying" I threaten him "You really have been a terrible best friend recently."

I don't know why I am so worked up about this, I just really want to spend some time with my best friend.

The end of the morning finally arrives, after way too many glances to my watch.

"Let's go" I say as I get up, determined to get my moment.

"Sure" he chuckles at my eagerness.

We start walking out and at this moment Sooyoung calls us.

"Sehun, I thought we would be eating together." She says

"Sorry, I realized I have been neglecting Yoora, I need to repay that to my best friend, sorry  but next time" He says without hesitation and without waiting for her answer he walks away.

I'm a bit startled but I follow him anyway, relived in a way.

We decide to eat out of the school and we find a small restaurant where we order kibimbap.

"Gosh it's almost weird to hang out again. You're basically a stranger now" I say lightly.

"Didn't you want me to get close to Sooyoung?" Sehun raises an eyebrow.

Again this question, why do I want to say that it was all a mistake?

"I guess, but I never wanted you to completely leave. I feel like I barely saw you recently. You don't even wait for me every morning anymore." I protest.

He seems to hesitate on what to reply but i cut him off before he has the chance to say something.

"I miss you Sehun. I miss hanging around with you. I don't want you to move away because of someone else.... You're too important to me." I continue, my voice dying at the end.

I don't know why I said that, but it came from my heart. I am being completely honest. 

I did miss him a lot.

I had never realized how important Sehun was for me. How much I needed him in my life. In fact I always remember having in my life. And these two weeks where he almost ignored me felt horrible. It feels empty when he's gone. Our friendship is too strong,

A little voice in my head is telling me it's not only friendship, but I ignore it.

Sehun waits a bit and then smiles a little.

It seems as if he was waiting for me to add something but he still smiles gently.

"I'm glad to hear that. To be honest I missed you too" He says and he puts an arm around my shoulder. "I was wondering if my presence mattered to you. I'm glad it does. How about we hang out together to compensate these two weeks" He says.

I grin, my best friend is back, the way i know him, cheerful but also shy with other people. With his looking forteresse around him, when in reality he's as sensitive as me.

"That sounds great!" I exclaim "Actually the school is holding a Halloween event where they turn the building into a haunted house. You know how scared I get in these places, we should go together!" I offer.

His smile falters a little "I actually told Sooyoung I would go with her"

I shrunk a little at his words. I had seen this info days ago and was hoping I could go with Sehun.

"You know what, that's okay, join us and tell Minhyun to come, that'll be fun." He offers

Somehow the thought of almost third wheeling makes me a little sick, but I want to spend some time with my best friend, it's not time to be possessive, which I really am not. I also put myself in this situation, I better deal with it.

"Cool, I'll tell Minhyun then!" I agree.

 

 

 - On Halloween Day -

"Whoah they really made it big" Minhyun exclaims next to me. 

I just nod as I look at all the little details the school put into the haunted house.

Even from the exterior it looks scary.

There are a lot of people here, the sun has just set, the sky is still red but soon it will be dark.

The school has now fake spiders, red lights and pumpkins as well as fake skeletons and ghosts.

"Well at least we know where the money we pay to attend here goes" I chuckle.

"Let's find Sehun and Sooyoung" Minhyun says and we start walking through the crowd, looking for our friends.

It's chilly outside and I close more my thin jacket.

Finally I see my tall best friend, I pull Minyhun with me and we arrive to their side.

"Gosh I thought we would never find you" I exclaim.

Sehun is talking with Sooyoung and barely gives me a sign that he noticed me.

Not again.

"Hello?" I say.

"Sorry, I was just saying that apparently we need to form groups for the tour in the haunted house" Sehun informs us.

"That's fine, we'll go the four of us together" I reply.

"That's the thing, it's groups of two"

I stay mute, I somehow see what it coming, I thought it was going better with Sehun, this week we were much closer, like we used to though Sooyoung is always here, but now, when I thought I was having quality time with my best friend, well I'm not.

"And I guess you're going with Sooyoung" I say a bit too bitterly.

"That's what we were talking about Yoora" Sehun says, sounding tired suddenly. "We were trying to figure something out."

"Go ahead please, I mean it's not like we're used to it" I say and suddenly all my jealousy I had been suppressing is coming back up, turning me into an ugly person.

"Yoora, please, why do you even care? From all I know you're the one who pushed me to be friends with Sooyoung" Sehun defends themselves "Since when do you care?!"

"I didn't know I was apparently such a bad friend, you were always important to me Sehun, but suddenly you disappear and get new friends, like we haven't been friends since we were 6. 6 years old Sehun, that's like 12 years, of course I care!" I get angry.

I totally forgot about everything around me, I don't know what Sooyoung and Minhyun are doing, I am only looking at Sehun, desperately wanting my best friend back.

I even forgot that one of the teacher was giving instructions.

And it had to be the teacher that hates me.

"Well Kang Yoora, I see you are not very interested in what I have to say to you" He interrupts our fight. "Of course, Oh Sehun is with you again. You two are always the same. Well fine, you'll go in the haunted house first"

We're about to protest but he stops us "Don't even try, I don't care, I'm done with you two, now go in"

And that's how without a warning, any instruction, me and Sehun ended in the horror house that is our school with only a flashlight.

We stay silent and walk quietly for a couple of minutes, the noise from the entrance has already faded and it's just us two in the haunted house.

It feels uncomfortable and i hate it, I hate feelings like this with the person I consider the closest to me.

I think of what my mother said the morning after the party, I should take care of my friendship with him.

After all, I said it myself, I need him in my life.

And that little voice that is getting louder is telling me that I need him more than as a friend.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you" I finally say, breaking the silence.

We are walking down a hallway, turning right, and we're suddenly forced to go in a classroom as the blocked the other way with signes that say "dangerous, mortal danger"

Reassuring.

"It's okay, I probably deserved it." He replies softly.

"No you didn't, I just got insecure and I am not as good as I thought at expressing my emotions." I say a bit sadly.

Sehun suddenly stops "It's okay, I shouldn't have pushed you away... I.... I don't know what to say, it was stupid" He explains, slightly embarrassed.

"Can we make peace and go back to the way we were?" I ask shyly.

"Sure" He chuckles a little "I'm sorry best friend."

"Me too best friend."

There is a silence and suddenly he takes my hand, I freeze, hardly breathing.

None of us is saying anything, he's just holding my hand.

I can hear my heart beat faster and louder.

I don't dare say a word.

I feel myself blush a little at the contact.

But why do I have all these reactions.

Suddenly I feel like he's not just my best friend, not my childhood friend.

We're more than that.

These two weeks apart apart were horrible, I felt like something in me was missing.

I missed him.

Not as a best friend.

I got jealous because he means more than that to me.

It always hurt me to see him with Sooyoung for one reason.

I like him.

I like him and I have for a very long time.

I just had never realized.

But here, just the two of us, holding hands, it feels like an evidence.

I like him, and a little voice is telling it might even go deeper than that.

I might even be in love with him.

And at this moment, all I want it to tell him, to finally tell him.

And something tells me I wouldn't get rejected.

"Sehun" I say, my voice barely louder than a whisper.

"Yoora" He says, I can almost hear hope in his voice, but maybe I am dreaming.

"Sehun I-" 

"Oh you guys are here, we didn't think we would catch you up, this is so scary!"

 

 

Of course Sooyoung had to arrive at this moment

 

---------------

Whoops sorry it took me so long to update! i was busy with finals and work and now I am moving to Korea in 5 days for a year ^^ I've been busy but here is a new chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I will try to write more regularaly from now on! If you want to follow my adventures in korea you can find me on Youtube under "Psycho Kpop Fan" ^^ Looking forward for this adventure!